New Dish Network HD Essential Pack Info

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have received the following information regarding the new Dish Network Essentials Package. (Available February 1st)

Happy Reading!

dishHD
• dishHD – Effective February 1, 2008, DISH Network will be updating our dishHD packaging to offer customers more choices in the HD programming they want. These choices include different price points that cater to the varying needs of our subscribers, including those who want more or fewer national HD channels, ALL HD programming, or HD add-on packages for those who subscribe to DishLATINO Max.

Please note that customers who currently subscribe to DishHD will automatically be kept at the $20.00/mo. HD package level (dishHD Ultimate), however, these customers may change to another HD package – keep in mind that a $5.00 customer downgrade fee may apply.

o dishHD Essential – Additional $10.00/mo. with AT00 or higher – Effective February 1, 2008 – Requires a subscription to AT100 or higher. Each America’s Top programming package will have its own dishHD Essential programming package.

– dishHD Essential with AT100 (20 national HD channels, as of February 1, 2008).

hdessentials.jpg

– dishHD Essential with AT100 Plus (20 national HD channels, as of February 1, 2008, plus any applicable HD regional sports networks) – Includes all national HD channels that are included within dishHD Essential and AT100, with the addition of any applicable HD regional sports networks.

– dishHD Essential with AT200 (21 national HD channels, as of February 1, 2008, plus any applicable HD regional sports networks) – Includes all national HD channels that are included within dishHD Essential and AT100 Plus with the addition of Animal Planet.

– dishHD Essential with AT250 (24 national HD channels, as of February 1, 2008, plus any applicable HD regional sports networks) – Includes all national HD channels that are included within dishHD Essential and AT200 with the addition of Golf Channel / Versus HD, National Geographic Channel HD and The Science Channel HD.

– dishHD Essential with America’s “Everything” Pak – (28 national HD channels, as of February 1, 2008, plus any applicable HD regional sports networks) – Includes all national HD channels that are included within dishHD Essential and AT250 with the addition of HBO HD, Cinemax HD, Showtime HD and Starz HD.

- dishHD Ultimate – Additional $20.00/mo. with AT100 or higher – Effective February 1, 2008 – For those customers who want even MORE HD! dishHD Ultimate includes all applicable national HD channels within the corresponding dishHD Essential package, with an additional 19 channels! Depending on the level of America’s Top programming package a customer subscribes to, he/she may receive a total of up to 47 national HD channels with dishHD Ultimate, along with their HD regional sports networks (HD regional sports networks, where available, require a subscription to AT100 Plus or higher; HD premium movie channels require subscription to one or more Premium Movie Packages). Please note that customers MUST subscribe to AT100 or higher in order to subscribe to dishHD Ultimate.

Looks like we get to keep HDnet for Torchwood in the essentials hd pack. This is cool. Lose the sports channels which I don't watch anyway. So I will keep the AEP ,drop down to the $10.00 Essentials pack I will actually SAVE $5.00 a month, over what I am paying now even with the $5.00 price increase.

Regarding RSN's, AT100 plus essential package, the way I read it. NOT the ultimate.

dishHD Essential with AT100 Plus (20 national HD channels, as of February 1, 2008, plus any applicable HD regional sports networks) – Includes all national HD channels that are included within dishHD Essential and AT100, with the addition of any applicable HD regional sports networks.

Looks like you will lose the Universal hd channel, Discovery hd theater, Hdnet movies, I guess NHLN and NBAtv and soon the Bigten when it changes to it own pack. NO big loss on any of those for me. I don't really watch much of any of those. I do like HD net movies sometimes but they are all older movies anyway. I like the fact that hd net is separate in the essentials pack. I can still watch Torchwood in hd. I could care less now about Voom channels as they have become repeat city with the same two movies over and over again. I will miss MOnsters hd , but even that channel has become boring and repetitious. This is a good compromise for those who are tired of paying 10.00 more a month for stuff they no longer watch.

I am confused on this as well. I have top 250 and the $20 HD package now. What will I lose from what I got now and what will I not have by not having the Ultimate?

Looks like you will lose the Universal hd channel, Discovery hd theater, Hdnet movies, I guess NHLN and NBAtv and soon the Bigten when it changes to it own pack. NO big loss on any of those for me. I don't really watch much of any of those. I do like HD net movies sometimes but they are all older movies anyway. I like the fact that hd net is separate in the essentials pack. I can still watch Torchwood in hd. I could care less now about Voom channels as they have become repeat city with the same two movies over and over again. I will miss MOnsters hd , but even that channel has become boring and repetitious. This is a good compromise for those who are tired of paying 10.00 more a month for stuff they no longer watch.

HD Theater is included in the Essential HD Package.

NHL HD????? F**** Man, so now I gotta tell the wife that I need to raise our rate again... oh bother.....

You don't have to do anything, just stay with your current HD package and you won't lose anything. Now if you want to save $10.00 then that's a different story.

"Please note that customers who currently subscribe to DishHD will automatically be kept at the $20.00/mo"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts