NEW DISH Pricing as of May 23, 2013

Very important point. It would seem neither was a rumor. While the first set of increases was not meant to be public yet, it was considered accurate. The new increase posting is a change from the first after some rethinking at Dish.

I believe this to be the case as well. Also like Scott said, the info he posted in this new thread is available to all retailers. After reading about it here I went to the retailer site to confirm & sure enough it was there just like he said.

I'd like to thank the retailers that spoke up on the retailer portal. In a previous post I attached a couple of screen shots from that conversation that spilled over from this site, it was just a small part of it.

I'm certainly glad everything turned out the way it did. There is not a doubt in my mind, the members here made a huge difference of this rethinking at Dish.

Reading the info sent to me from Dish I am reading this as existing customers with two Hoppers will see a $5 increase for the second Hopper starting 5/22. The first Hopper DVR fee will remain $10. For all new and existing customers that get a Hopper or two Hoppers they will see the higher prices on both Hoppers.

Dish also mentions a new Alternate Offer that will be available 5/22. This is suppose to be some huge surprise because they won't announce it until Team Summit. It is suppose to separate Dish from everyone else. I can't imagine it being that big of deal though.

I think you're misreading that. When I 1st seen it I thought that to be the case as well.

Reading the info sent to me from Dish I am reading this as existing customers with two Hoppers will see a $5 increase for the second Hopper starting 5/22. The first Hopper DVR fee will remain $10. For all new and existing customers that get a Hopper or two Hoppers they will see the higher prices on both Hoppers.

Dish also mentions a new Alternate Offer that will be available 5/22. This is suppose to be some huge surprise because they won't announce it until Team Summit. It is suppose to separate Dish from everyone else. I can't imagine it being that big of deal though.

Are you saying that what you received is different from the jpg that Scott posted?

Under that one, existing customers like me with 2 Hoppers that don't change a thing will see no equipment fee change.

Existing customers with 1 hopper who add a 2nd hopper after that date will see the new pricing. 10 & 12

I am guessing the new offer on May 23rd is that you can now lease two Hoppers with no Joeys. That would be for $22 a month, instead of $17 for Hopper and Joey. Right now, you can't lease two hoppers unless you also add a joey.

awesome..that should slow down the hopper conversions... I can't stand installing them but also sounds like they are trying to get more funding to fight legal battles which could nerf them anyway.

I am guessing the new offer on May 23rd is that you can now lease two Hoppers with no Joeys. That would be for $22 a month, instead of $17 for Hopper and Joey. Right now, you can't lease two hoppers unless you also add a joey.

Well, maybe not if you call Dish to set it up. But retailers have been doing it since nearly the very first Hoppers were introduced.

That one I really noticed - didn't they just bump it up from $7.00 to $9.00 last year, and now they are bumping it up again by another $2?

I don't know about the price increase, but in this months bill, I received a Dish Coupon that is giving the Multi-Sport Pack at half price for 6 months. You need to have at least the 120+ package and it has to be started before 05/21/2013. This the the telephone number on the coupon. 888-848-8936. There was no special code on the coupon, just the telephone number. There was also and exception that says if you are currently a Starz customer, this offer is not valid. I hope some of those on this forum will take advantage of this offer.

After reading it again you may be right. It's confusing.

Pretty sure based on the JPEG it will be $10 + $7 for people that already have two Hoppers before 5/22 and $10 + $12 for those with only one Hopper who upgrade to two after 5/22. Then of course, for new customers its basically $12 per Hopper.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I just upgraded from Hopper 2000 to HWS. Customer service rep said there would not be an upgrade fee. I verified it with him a couple of times. I just had to agree to a new 2 year contract. They are shipping the new receiver and I just have to swap it out. I hope I don't get an upgrade charge on my bill later. I want to get everything in place before May 22.

Your second receiver fee will increase $5. So it will be $12 instead of $7 starting 5/22.

This is incorrect.

His price will remain the same.

Anybody ADDING a Hopper to their account AFTER 5/22 will see the increased price. Everyone with 2 hoppers now will be grandfathered in at the lower price.

Read Scott's post again

Just ordered a Hopper with Sling from Dish Depot to swap out for one of my Hoppers. Can't beat that price without committing for another 24 months. I'll just have to clear out the Hopper content (specifically PTAT shows that are harder to transfer to EHDs) before I make the swap. Probably swap it the second week of May.

Definitely looking forward to the iPad transfer app.

Just ordered a Hopper with Sling from Dish Depot to swap out for one of my Hoppers. Can't beat that price without committing for another 24 months. I'll just have to clear out the Hopper content (specifically PTAT shows that are harder to transfer to EHDs) before I make the swap. Probably swap it the second week of May.

Are you keeping the other Hopper?

Are you keeping the other Hopper?

Nope. Sending it back to Dish (it's leased). Two Hoppers and one Joey are enough for my household and I honestly just don't want to fiddle with the wiring and adding another node to the set up. (And the bedroom where the Joey is really doesn't have the room for a Hopper anyway).

If first gen Hoppers could transfer to iPad, I wouldn't even bother upgrading, but that feature will come in very handy in a couple of months. Might as well upgrade now and avoid the additional monthly costs.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

So are you saying that buying the Hopper equipment along with a Joey and switches there is no required 2 year contract?

I understand the you will still have to pay the monthly DVR service fees. Is that correct?

And you can still get the $7.00 a month service plan if needed. Is that correct?

Hello. Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I don't see anything about non-hopper/joey receivers.
Does this mean something like the ViP722 is not affected? Will that price of that be going up?

Thanks,

Scott

So are you saying that buying the Hopper equipment along with a Joey and switches there is no required 2 year contract?

I understand the you will still have to pay the monthly DVR service fees. Is that correct?

And you can still get the $7.00 a month service plan if needed. Is that correct?
Owned equipment means no contract, but fees remain the same. You can still have the protection plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts