new fortec HD specs

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I meen that i recieve the pssion on 7Aug and direct i look of i can see 4:2:2 transmissions if yes or no i let you now asap.

Sorry for bad Englisch

I meen that i recieve the pssion on 7Aug and direct i look of i can see 4:2:2 transmissions if yes or no i let you now asap.

Sorry for bad Englisch

Good, Bad, Broken English, whatever. Thanks for the updates! I have been patiently waiting on this receiver, as I'm sure several others have.

as a side note:

Sie schreibst besser Englisch, als ich Deutsches schreibe. I would not attempt to post on a .de website!

HI today i recieve my Fortec passion latest firmware 1.03 and testing.

I must tell you HD picture's are there on my screen but 4:2:2 are black.
I have a European model and i don't now what they have for software more than in the box.
Read a lot about it 4:2:2 etc so wait for a official memo is the best.

Last edited:
Officially, Fortec had 4:2:2 listed in the specs, but then took it out from the website. The either working on it or posting the incorrect info by mistake.
Thanks for the info. You are probably the first user who can give us a firm answer about the 4:2:2 capability. This helps those who waiting for the receiver expecting this "special" feature. Looks like it's just another typical hd dvb one.

I have a European model and i don't now what they have for software more than in the box.

Thanks for the info, Looks like the "magic" receiver is never going to show...

Have you had a chance to test the receiver with update firmware? There is a member who got this receiver and tested with 4:2:2 feeds, the result is it does not support 4:2:2...:(

We have locked and displayed a 4:2:2 signal with the Fortec Star Passion. The firmware update is scheduled to arrive in the next few days. Should have a review available soon ...... ANTICIPATION ........

Post are from 04-26-2007 so now its 08-08-2007 thats 4 months later and still no 4:2:2

I have the latest software 1.03 also the 103T version with powerscan menu can not 4:2:2
perhaps there are more betaversions arround the planet?

Last edited:
According to Fortec, the NA version of the receiver is to be released in October.

We confirm the 4:2:2 reception, but still waiting for the blind scan enabled firmware for testing.

Please send me the firmware with that 4:2:2 i will test and seefor it.

Blindscan they work on.

Wait for the software to see 4:2:2

THX

According to Fortec, the NA version of the receiver is to be released in October.

We confirm the 4:2:2 reception, but still waiting for the blind scan enabled firmware for testing.

Well that's funny Brian, because I have spoken to Fortec in Canada and Europe and they both strongly DENY and beta firmware for 422!! either in America or Europe, indeed they say they are not even testing any, so someone is telling lies, I'm not saying its you but why are Fortec denying to me at any rate they have 422 beta software??
I recently had a beta version with blind scan, but it only scanned the internal database rather than the whole spectrum. The blind scan has now been removed whilst they correct it. I notice today that Fortec have released the first official version p-av103 on their site.

Attached are some pictures of the Passion power scan menu on a beta sw version I have..

Attachments

• P8020001.JPG
    P8020001.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 186
  • P8020002.JPG
    P8020002.JPG
    186.7 KB · Views: 167
  • P8020003.JPG
    P8020003.JPG
    186.6 KB · Views: 183
  • P8020004.JPG
    P8020004.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 177
The blindscan option is only in the menu, (of the Beta 1.03T)
If you used it, it starts to scan the database that is inside so blindscan not active and also not in the offical release 1.03 of Fortec.

Scopus,

There are some hardware changes taking place with the receiver and the finalized version may be different than the model that we have been testing. We have not received any Blind Scan capable firmware and have no information regarding the release of the new firmware that is to provide this feature.

We have tested the hardware and firmware that has been provided and shared our limited findings with the group after providing the data to Fortec. We have no reason to provide false information and have been providing answers that would be of benefit to the group. I have been active and in the industry for many years and have no reason to risk my reputation and provide false information about another company's product....... I only get a little more hesitant to share what is known.

If we want to know what the final product is capable of, we will wait until October .....

Well that's funny Brian, because I have spoken to Fortec in Canada and Europe and they both strongly DENY and beta firmware for 422!! either in America or Europe, indeed they say they are not even testing any, so someone is telling lies, I'm not saying its you but why are Fortec denying to me at any rate they have 422 beta software??
I recently had a beta version with blind scan, but it only scanned the internal database rather than the whole spectrum. The blind scan has now been removed whilst they correct it. I notice today that Fortec have released the first official version p-av103 on their site.

I can vouch for Brian,

When I met with Fortec they also said that it would be able to do 4:2:2, although it might not do it upon release (this was back in April)

Scopus,

There are some hardware changes taking place with the receiver and the finalized version may be different than the model that we have been testing. We have not received any Blind Scan capable firmware and have no information regarding the release of the new firmware that is to provide this feature.

We have tested the hardware and firmware that has been provided and shared our limited findings with the group after providing the data to Fortec. We have no reason to provide false information and have been providing answers that would be of benefit to the group. I have been active and in the industry for many years and have no reason to risk my reputation and provide false information about another company's product....... I only get a little more hesitant to share what is known.

If we want to know what the final product is capable of, we will wait until October .....

Thanks Brian. I have no reason to doubt you either. Alot or rumour is flying around the Europe forums over 422, that is why I have approached Fortec to clear it up. There is some talk over the chip in the first release of Passion boxes not being capable of 422, so you will probably have a different chip in your boxes in October. We'll have to wait and see. Fortec, it seems are being a bit vague about what is going on.
I have been told by Fortec Europe they hope to have blind scan working properly here in Europe in the next beta release due any time now.

I will be not negative but i told only what i heard and see on my Passion.

And perhaps athers have better info sure.
But this are my test here.

Ron/Snuffer

There is some talk over the chip in the first release of Passion boxes not being capable of 422, so you will probably have a different chip in your boxes in October.

Any chance that we could see some pics of the inner workings of the boxes from either side of the Atlantic - might be useful to see if the lack of 4:2:2 is software or hardware related?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)