New GEOSATpro microHD Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Put me on advanced purchase list. :)

This openbox S10 I wanna throw in the garbage ASAP. : /

How about teletext Brian? Not a large deal but we do have a TT feed on I-805...I have other receivers that work well with it...

Barry, We had disabled the teletext feature by removing the enable/disable button assignmentg from the remote. Teletext is so uncommon in North America that we had classified it as an unused feature for our market.

If we add teletext enable feature in the menus, the teletext window will appear on any service flagged with teletext. Would this be an issue? Adding it to the remote would not be an option at this time.

NTSC-M must mean 480i because that shows on all SD channels. Any channel in HD will show the resolution
I've even seen some 576i PAL on a feed or two before

Exactly..... NTSC-M is not a resolution.

Similar feature on the microHD, just use different terminology.

Ok! This may be a stupid question with a answer right in front of me but here goes! If you want to keep the correct time in case of a power outage you can sync off a satellite in GMT.Is there a way that the receiver can convert the GMT time to your local time automaticly?

it depends if the sync is right

On the Manhattan you can set it for a time spot (mine is set to -6 hours which is CST) and if I'm on a channel like 3ABN it will sync automatically to the right time

Ok! This may be a stupid question with a answer right in front of me but here goes! If you want to keep the correct time in case of a power outage you can sync off a satellite in GMT.Is there a way that the receiver can convert the GMT time to your local time automaticly?

Stan, this was discussed much earlier in this very long thread. They are working on it syncing to a sat of your choice. I read in here somewhere that every time you tune in that sat, it will update the time, other sats it will ignore. See SatAV below.

Testing the AM/PM 12 hour clock configuration and the GMT and Local Time settings.

The local time setting holds through standby modes for flawless timer settings with the connected external power supply. Standby mode is Energy Star compliant at 1watt with the spin down of the HDD.

Currently the GMT setting is set by the channel that is tuned. We are almost complete with implementing a menu feature that allow the user to select the satellite and transponder providing the time reference and time setting synchronization.

The 1500 audio services on AMC8, 3951 continue to steal too much of my research time, but I love a challenge! We are experiencing increased reliability in the scans and are able to capture most of the 1500 channels with several repetitive scans of the TP. We anticipate that we will eventually log all of the services with a single scan, but am challenged with allocating memory and setting the correct timeouts to capture the data without slowing down the scan for the more typical user.

Barry, We had disabled the teletext feature by removing the enable/disable button assignmentg from the remote. Teletext is so uncommon in North America that we had classified it as an unused feature for our market.

If we add teletext enable feature in the menus, the teletext window will appear on any service flagged with teletext. Would this be an issue? Adding it to the remote would not be an option at this time.
That would be fine. It isn't necessary to have it on the remote...enable/disable as a menu function would be fine. The channel carrying Teletext (actually it's on NSS806...BFBS) is encrypted anyhow, but I would have it disabled by default. The arrow buttons and numerical buttons on the remote would be necessary to navigate the pages.

Does the box record on USB sticks and hard drives? NTFS formated devices? Are the recordings in any standard format and easily able to move to a PC for editing in programs like VideoReDo? Options for recording like select the days you want with check marks for you can record Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, but not Friday, Saturday, Sunday and repeat each week? Hopefully a good amount of timers available? Able to wake the hard drive a few minutes before a recording is about to take place?

Last edited:
That would be fine. It isn't necessary to have it on the remote...enable/disable as a menu function would be fine. The channel carrying Teletext (actually it's on NSS806...BFBS) is encrypted anyhow, but I would have it disabled by default. The arrow buttons and numerical buttons on the remote would be necessary to navigate the pages.

Correct, disabled by default. The navigation keys (arrows) would change the pages. This feature wont make Factory firmware, but updates will be available via OTA-SSU (satellite update) on G19 KU and for online download for USB loading.

BTW..... We have a serial port connection on the motherboard for those emergency recoveries that cannot be performed with a disabled USB or OTA-SSU.

Does the box record on USB sticks and hard drives?
Recording and media playback is by USB 2.0. HD high bandwidth programming requires quality USB2.0+ sticks (some sticks have inadequate throughput) and every 2.0/3.0 HDD that we have tested so far.....

NTFS formatted devices?
NTFS and Fat32 support.

Are the recordings in any standard format and easily able to move to a PC for editing in programs like VideoReDo?
Standard TS or PS for SD, TS for HD. Plays and edits nicely on both PC and Macs.

Options for recording like select the days you want with check marks for you can record Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, but not Friday, Saturday, Sunday and repeat each week?

Currently supports: once, daily, weekly, monthly. We will be adding a weekday only feature like we developed for the Visionsat.

Hopefully a good amount of timers available?
30 event timers

Able to wake the hard drive a few minutes before a recording is about to take place?
The wake-up is sent 15 sec prior to time setting. We have developed a +/- 2 minute on start and stop, but will hold off on implementing until other timer developments are completed.

one question on the recording

both my azbox and Manhattan if recording a feed as soon as the feed drops the recorder shuts off, So if you set a timer for say 3 1/2 hours to record a hockey game and after 2 hour 48 minutes the game is over and the feed is cut both the azbox and Manahattan will shut off recording so you dont get 45 minutes of "no signal" on the screen. Note on the azbox if you do a manual record it wont shut off. The Manhattan does

Wow, can't believe I missed all of this. I got's to have one of these.

The target price is much lower than I would have expected for something this good.

Is there any hope of having the required configuration files to use with a classic slingbox and the old 1.5.0.325 windows client?

Is there any hope of having the required configuration files to use with a classic slingbox and the old 1.5.0.325 windows client?

What are the requirements? Feed me some information and I will see what we can do to support classic slingbox.

That is how the Openbox works as well... Whenever I am recording a feed, I just bump up the recording time so that the receiver will record the entire feed. I know that whenever the TP goes dark, the recording will end automatically. Glad that the microHD will work the same way! :up

What are the requirements? Feed me some information and I will see what we can do to support classic slingbox.
ok, there are two pieces I had to install in slingplayer.

One was a skin called Kiwin which added custom buttons that aren't on any of the standard remotes. The File :: Forum post mentioning it - I put this in the skins folder of the slingplayer install. The skin itself is what is keeping me from upgrading to newer slingplayer software, it just doesn't work.

The other was a binary file that actually translates the remote codes from the specific device. This file goes in the SBAV folder and then it becomes a selectable option in the slingplayer software. Unfortunately how to create one of these is way above my knowledge level. I found this article at sling which gives some more detail and links to the forums where hopefully somebody could figure out how to do it.

Is your remote a complete new custom job with new codes or is it functionally equivalent/compatible with something already existing? If it "emulates" something else then the work might already be done.

Last edited:
Pepper said:
Is your remote a complete new custom job with new codes or is it functionally equivalent/compatible with something already existing? If it "emulates" something else then the work might already be done.

I appears that the remote already has been created for JP1 / Slingbox. The custom code and key assignments are the same as the GEOSATpro DVR1100c.

I have not tested, so will need to confirm correct operation with our products. We will contact the member who built the files and offer the new button naming for the microHD.

Please advise if these existing files are what is required for your application.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)