New HD Channels on DTV???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Looks like Directv is going to use the new sat to expand its HD PPV channels and its PPV offerings to 500 movies. Just like D11 we only got a hand full of HD channels looks like this sat will be a disapportment also.

your source? and please don't tell me its swanni!

you will be wrong.

From what I've read, we'll see 10-15 nationals, more premiums (which is where D* is lacking and I dont disagree), then more PPV (dont get me started here).

From what I've read, we'll see 10-15 nationals, more premiums (which is where D* is lacking and I dont disagree), then more PPV (dont get me started here).

Well, after 10-15 more nationals, plus premiums, what else could they really add besides ppv? I honestly can not think of 10-15 more hd channels to add if you exclude premiums.

Well, after 10-15 more nationals, plus premiums, what else could they really add besides ppv? I honestly can not think of 10-15 more hd channels to add if you exclude premiums.

all i know is not too long ago, satelliteracer, at dbstalk, posted there would be more hd in the hd pak plus more full time rsn's, more preiums and more of the rest. plus on their uplink report, 70 test channels have been showing since basically the first of the year. i tend to believe sr which is why i ask the source of the 10 to 15 national channels.

and although i haven't seen it, there should be a dtv flyer in your sunday newspaper which lists more hd not previously listed to include goltv, plus cspan 1 and 2.

all i know is not too long ago, satelliteracer, at dbstalk, posted there would be more hd in the hd pak plus more full time rsn's, more preiums and more of the rest. plus on their uplink report, 70 test channels have been showing since basically the first of the year. i tend to believe sr which is why i ask the source of the 10 to 15 national channels.

and although i haven't seen it, there should be a dtv flyer in your sunday newspaper which lists more hd not previously listed to include goltv, plus cspan 1 and 2.

IIRC Swanni is the source for 10-15.

My flier doesn't have the new channels listed. There's a whole thread about this so called flier at the other site and no one else can confirm it either.

again i ask source because we evidently aren't reading the same info.

I dunno what you've been reading, but maybe it needs some between the lines. If you take Stonecolds info, and Satracers, and Malones, its basically what I said.

RSN's and Nationals
Premiums
PPV's

Agreed, was just stating what I was understanding.

The channel I want the most is ESPNU HD. I'm a big college basketball and football fan and this past fall/winter there were lots of games on ESPNUHD. Of course now that those seasons are over D* is finally going to add it when D12 is ready.

For those that don't visit the other site, they recently did a survey for the top 10 channels people wanted. 337 people voted and these were the top 30. A set of premiums were grouped as a single channel.

Travel Channel HD
AMC HD
BBCA HD
ESPNU HD
HBO HD Premiums
TCM HD
MSNBC HD
Versus HD
WGN America HD
IFC HD
Fox Movie Channel HD
Fox Soccer Channel HD
Encore HD Premiums
E! HD
Cinemax HD Premiums
G4 HD
History International HD
Fox Soccer Plus HD
TruTV HD
DIY HD
HLN HD
NFL Redzone HD
Hallmark HD
Sundance HD
Showtime HD Premiums
Lifetime HD
Hallmark Movie HD
Lifetime Movie HD
Starz HD Premiums
Epix HD

Here's the complete results as tabulated by Sixto.

DBSTalk.Com - View Single Post - Top-10 List of HD channels for D12 Satellite? (Poll Closed - Results Posted)

If I got everything in the Top 10, I'd have no more wants unless they launched a new channel all together I was interested in.

My flier doesn't have the new channels listed. There's a whole thread about this so called flier at the other site and no one else can confirm it either.

haven't u learned yet not to believe anything swanni says. the guy is scum of the earth.

Here are photos from the paper showing the new channels.

No where in the ad does it say that some of these channels are coming soon. The ad makes it sound like they have this channel now.

I am excited about the MSG HD one. :)

Attachments

• dtv1.jpg
    dtv1.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 244
  • dtv2.jpg
    dtv2.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 287
  • dtv3.jpg
    dtv3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 282
  • dtv4.jpg
    dtv4.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 260
  • dtv5.jpg
    dtv5.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 256
  • dtv6.jpg
    dtv6.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 258
Here are photos from the paper showing the new channels.

No where in the ad does it say that some of these channels are coming soon. The ad makes it sound like they have this channel now.

I am excited about the MSG HD one. :)
Nowhere in the ads does it say HD channels either.
Its says Msnbc,C-Span,C-span 2 do not say HD next to them.

Nowhere in the ads does it say HD channels either.
Its says Msnbc,C-Span,C-span 2 do not say HD next to them.
Exactly. The only ones they have listed with an HD symbol are the ones they already have in HD. The ones they currently do not carry in HD do not have the HD symbol next to them

They are listed in the HD channels section. Thus the reason everyone is talking about them. :)

As far as MSG HD goes from my memory it is on DIRECTV, however for live games the games are not available.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)