New HD Channels on DTV???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They are listed in the HD channels section. Thus the reason everyone is talking about them. :)

As far as MSG HD goes from my memory it is on DIRECTV, however for live games the games are not available.

I caught your sarcasm there Scott...Absolutely nothing new!! Your right!

Plus, I have the Hockey package, plus sports pack soley for MSGHD..
I cant remember the last time Ive seen a live Ranger game...that was not blacked out MSG feed. Now they also black out the standard channel..

What a waste of money..Im sorry I threw it out.

They are listed in the HD channels section. Thus the reason everyone is talking about them. :)

As far as MSG HD goes from my memory it is on DIRECTV, however for live games the games are not available.

I assume you mean for out of market games, because I get MSG in hd here in Cheshire.

Nowhere in the ads does it say HD channels either.
Its says Msnbc,C-Span,C-span 2 do not say HD next to them.
Actually, in the same section, shown in the first picture, it says HD channles. There is no break in the graphic to make one think that those are not HD channels. That is how it looks to me, with the paper right in front of me.

MSG HD has a lot of live games, I think the reason you can't see them is because I thought D* and MSG are in a dispute currently. Because 2 years ago MSG was broadcasting live games in HD. And it was on D*.

Post the paper as a whole,so we can see the whole thing.
The way scott posted it is correct,he just split into different pictures. Left to right in the progression of his pics is the entire graphic in question. In the paper there are no breaks in it.
Sorry the quality is not too good, had to back up to get it all, which is probably why scott broke it up.

As you can see, the ad is broken up into different sections. The one that says HD Channels lists the channels in question. That is why I see it as I do.

Attachments

• directv ad.jpg
    directv ad.jpg
    437.5 KB · Views: 151
The way scott posted it is correct,he just split into different pictures. Left to right in the progression of his pics is the entire graphic in question. In the paper there are no breaks in it.
Sorry the quality is not too good, had to back up to get it all, which is probably why scott broke it up.

As you can see, the ad is broken up into different sections. The one that says HD Channels lists the channels in question. That is why I see it as I do.
that's a better pic.

I could see this as being misleading.
To a new customer for sure.
Yeah, that was my whole point with posting the other thread. It is simply not clear to a new customer, and even possibly to existing subs. I can see someone that does not come here, calling D* and saying, " I am not getting all the HD channels that yall have"

Yeah, that was my whole point with posting the other thread. It is simply not clear to a new customer, and even possibly to existing subs. I can see someone that does not come here, calling D* and saying, " I am not getting all the HD channels that yall have"
From the 5 broken pictures, they clearly don't say HD next to the News channel, But when looking at the flyer as a whole, "like many people who get the flyer would see it" Its clearly misleading.

From the 5 broken pictures, they clearly don't say HD next to the News channel, But when looking at the flyer as a whole, "like many people who get the flyer would see it" Its clearly misleading.
That is true, but for that matter, neither do Spike, MTV, CMT, and a few others.

We agree though that it is misleading, but what you said is probably how they cover themselves

Well, you are debating a HD flyer from a company that counts HD PPV in it's overall HD channel count ;)

Misleading is the norm...

Well, you are debating a HD flyer from a company that counts HD PPV in it's overall HD channel count ;)

Misleading is the norm...
Or the competing company that counts all of its part-time HD RSNs in it's overall HD channel count, when often those within the market cannot even get their local games in HD.

Misleading is the norm... :D

Did anyone say anything about E*?
Nope were talking about a Directv flyer.
So why is its some always have to go that route.
We have E* vs D* threads, This isn't one of them.

Did anyone say anything about E*?
Nope were talking about a Directv flyer.
So why is its some always have to go that route.
We have E* vs D* threads, This isn't one of them.
It's OK Hemi. It was just another way for me to say what I always say, "Both companies lie or mislead"

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)