NEW HD RUMOR; 24 HD Channels for DirecTV..Bye bye Voom

Status
Please reply by conversation.
member.php?u=9452ckudrna,

Point blank you're an a$$hole. I can see it is time to shut you off again, for good this time. If I were a mod, I'd boot you. I have yet to find a single post from you on this site that has any value. You're a worthless troll whom likes nothing other than conflict. What's the matter; Mommy didn't love you enough?

I think the Directtvrep guy is real.

Have you ever been a CSR at any place in the USA?

They dont tell you anything at that level, not until the press release has gone out.
This is due to Insider trading laws.

Never have, never will.

ckudrna said:
I am quite upset that this guy would go on with a sob story after someone (me) called B.S. on his little knowledge droppings and the lack of information they contain.

Well, it is all about you, right?

Point blank you're an a$$hole. I can see it is time to shut you off again, for good this time. If I were a mod, I'd boot you. I have yet to find a single post from you on this site that has any value. You're a worthless troll whom likes nothing other than conflict. What's the matter; Mommy didn't love you enough?

You have to get these mood swings fixed already. It is one thing after another with you. Thats why they shove people like you in Loveland where all you can hurt is a pine tree and some useless white trash. Grow up already, if you do not like a post thats fine, take it easy with things you read on a message board and leave the attitude somewhere else. You do have a great ability to make up scenarios in your mind where you are always right, such as that rant you went on about how 4:3 HDTVs do not exist, that was a good one. Go read a book or something. Just stay away from other people.

I'm sure he is a directv employee, but going on about how he is here on his own time all the time to try to get attention is childish and certainly does not provide any insight into anything. If he wants to let us know what channels are coming or something of value, that is great, but he has made it quite clear that is not going to happen.

They dont tell you anything at that level, not until the press release has gone out.
This is due to Insider trading laws.

So private companies go around yapping left and right? No, a non disclosure agreement has nothing to do with "insider trading laws", they have to do with not disclosing information (hence the clever name). Another armchair MBA.

So how about those new HD channels?

C'mmon guys. Let's not try to focus our discussion to attack one another. I do not think it benefits anyone here. Some of us just want to discuss the topic at hand. Let's keep it civil before the thread goes down the drain. I have enjoyed reading the thread and I would like to keep reading it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Sean Mota said:
C'mmon guys. Let's not try to focus our discussion to attack one another. I do not think it benefits anyone here. Some of us just want to discuss the topic at hand. Let's keep it civil before the thread goes down the drain. I have enjoyed reading the thread and I would like to keep reading it. Thanks for your cooperation.

Well said Sean! :)

~Alan<~~~~~~~~~Who is currently getting pounded by Francine!!

Where's the moderator for this forum?

I'm sure am seeing alot "off topic discussions/personal attacks" in this thread that needs to be cleaned up.

Rumor or not (24 New HD Channels), I just converted over from Voom. The only HD channel I really watch is ESPN, so DTV is a better fit (Voom's 21 Exclusives are not for me..boring). Plus the NFL Sunday Ticket, I just couldn't resist.

The only downside is that I bought the Voom Equipment (2 receivers) and now I have bought the DTV equipment. :rolleyes:

Hey Operator7 you can use those voom receiver to still get you OTA HD channels if you have another HDTV some where in your house and run a antenna line to it

jperiod said:
I just accessed the Zap2-it listings for DirecTV in my zip code (21045) near Baltimore, MD and these are the stations listed:

73 ESPN HD
74 Bravo DT
76 Dis HD
78 HDnet MV
79 HDnet
80 WCBS DT
81 KCBS DT
85 Spice HD
88 HBO HD
91 Show HD

Since I live in a "white" area the network CBS feeds are not available to me, so my "new" HD channels are Bravo and Spice. I hope that D* is not counting the network feeds in their promised 24 HD channels, because this would not be fair to the people who will not be able to get them.

JW
D* Will be counting these listings, I think under their agreements they will offer them in 80% of all DMA's nationwide. Even so there are 7 HD channels now with like 15+ coming. Not to mention the NFL ST. The more I think about it the more I realize that sports is the most important, then Movies ... I still want my StarzHD!!! We will get what we want, but it will take time too.

I'll be waiting for LonghornXP to post. When he does post he seems to have the most viable (source) information. Though others contribute quite a bit too.

Until I get that HD Tivo (Park Meadows has 13 StoneMan) I am not going to fret over it too much.

slacker9876 said:
D* Will be counting these listings, I think under their agreements they will offer them in 80% of all DMA's nationwide. Even so there are 7 HD channels now with like 15+ coming. Not to mention the NFL ST. The more I think about it the more I realize that sports is the most important, then Movies ... I still want my StarzHD!!! We will get what we want, but it will take time too.

I'll be waiting for LonghornXP to post. When he does post he seems to have the most viable (source) information. Though others contribute quite a bit too.

Until I get that HD Tivo (Park Meadows has 13 StoneMan) I am not going to fret over it too much.

Well I don't have much new information right now but just to say for others what the most updated information I currently have here goes.

First off of the 24 New HD channels coming that does count what is currently available. But this doesn't count the Special Events channel nor the PPV/Spice channel.

So right now all the HD Package channels are counted. Also the CBS East and West feeds are counted as well. When ABC, NBC and Fox are added they will count as well.

Also the NFL Sunday Ticket channel will not count towards the 24 HD channels. I was told by my contact that only fulltime running networks billed monthly will count towards the 24 HD channels.

This means that the CBS feeds count because they are billed monthly either in the local channels package or the HD Package. But since the NFL Sunday Ticket channels aren't billed monthly they don't count. Also the PPV/Spice channel is billed per event or show not monthly so they won't count.

Also the special events channel won't count because it isn't a fulltime channel even though its still billed monthly in any total choice package.

So I hope this clears things up. Now on other programming I've been told that InHD is being worked on as well as TNT HD. I have been told that the HDTV Package channels are having the most effert and people on them now but deals are still being worked on with others.

Also the NFL Network HD feed will be counted as one of the 24 because its a fulltime channel even if its not fulltime HD and is billed monthly in what I was told will be the total choice plus package.

Also I've been told that some channels have their deals done today but what channels they are I don't know and why they don't launch them today I don't know as well....sorry!

Also I've been told that the premium movie HD channels are requreing DirecTV to get other channels as well.

For example Cinemax wants DirecTV to carry other SD channels such as @Max, OuterMax, 5StarMax and WMax to name a few to get Cinemax HD.

Also Starz also wants DirecTV to carry other Starz SD channels such as Starz Family, Kids and Cinema to get Starz HD. Also Starz also wants DirecTV to carry both Starz and Encore HD feeds not just one. This is much more complex than one may think. Its not like InDemand where they are working with just the two InHD channels and not other channels as well.

Right now Cinemax isn't liking their subscriber numbers and they think its caused by the lack of Cinemax channels for the price so this is their first shot at using HDTV to try and make their product offering better on DirecTV. Also Starz is being hurt by not having Starz Kids and Family because families do want this programming and I would think DirecTV would gain from this as well.

But I can say that last word I got was that about 5-10 HD channels have got deals and which ones they are I can't say at all not because I would get anyone in trouble but because I haven't been told what they are.

slacker9876 said:
I think under their agreements they will offer them in 80% of all DMA's nationwide.
It varies by the network, but there is a very limited number of markets that are O&O, no where near 80%. I don't remember the NUMBER of DMAs that are O&O for CBS, but when I calculated the percentage of the MARKET that was in CBS O&O territories, the number was around 80%. But some markets are in more than one territory, especially in the east where the markets are closer together. Many people in O&O territories still can't get netork feeds from DirecTV because they are also within grade b signal of a non-O&O CBS affiliate.

LonghornXP said:
First off of the 24 New HD channels coming that does count what is currently available.
That's an interesting sentence. So the new ones count the old ones? :D

But I can say that last word I got was that about 5-10 HD channels have got deals ...
5-10 HD channels including the current ones, or 5-10 new ones (new ones that DON'T count the old ones)?

Darin said:
That's an interesting sentence. So the new ones count the old ones? :D 5-10 HD channels including the current ones, or 5-10 new ones (new ones that DON'T count the old ones)?
YUP, I'm thoroughly confused now too. :eek:

Perhaps a list potential/pending HD channels would clear things up?

Shoot I didn't catch this. Now what I meant to say was that there will be a total of 24 HD channels including the old ones currently available.

So this means that all channels in the HDTV Package will be included in the 24 along with 8 HD channels from the 4 main networks east and west feeds. This also includes both HBO and Showtime HD feeds. So right now today we have 9 HD channels counting towards the 24. Those 9 are the 5 HD Package channels plus CBS East and West and HBO and Showtime.

Soon when NBC, Fox and ABC are added that would be another 6 HD channels counting which would total 15 of the 24 total HD channels. Now if they add InHD 1 @ 2, TNT HD, Cinemax HD, Starz HD, Encore HD, NFL Network HD and ESPN2HD that would put it at 23 total HD channels. Now if they add TMC HD that would make 24.

What I was trying to say was that Spice/PPV and special events channels aren't counted on this list of 24 HD channels. Also the NFL Sunday Ticket channels 90-98 also don't count towards this 24 either. So I will post a new list showing what the future HD channels might be but I can't confirm that these new HDTV channels will be the ones.

Channels 1-5 will be the current HDTV Package for 10.99/month.
Channels 6 and 7 are the current CBS East and West HD feeds.
Channels 8 and 9 are the current HBO HD and Showtime HD channels.

Channels 10, 11, 12 and 13 will be future HDTV Package channels which would be if added the following.....InHD 1&2, TNT HD and ESPN2 HD.

Channels 14, 15, 16 and 17 will be future premium movie channels which would include TMC HD, Cinemax HD, Starz HD and Encore HD.

Also channel 18 will be for the coming NFL Network HD.

Channels 19 and 20 will be for the coming Fox HD NY and LA
Channels.

Channels 21 and 22 will be for the coming NBC HD NY and LA feeds.

Channels 23 and 24 will be for the coming ABC HD NY and LA feeds.

Hope this helps clear things up for you all.

stuart628 said:
could espn2 be one of the new ones, look at the new thread of espn 2 coming...wonder if this throws everyones list into the garbage!

Well, I'm sure Disney will use ABC-HD as blackmail to get ESPN 2 on DirecTV, so I'd be surprised if it didn't go up! It would definately be "compelling"... heck, it'd probably have almost 1/3 of the HD content that ESPN-HD has! ;)

~Alan<~~~~~~~~Who is glad that Francine has left the area...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)