New info in SEC doc filed 9/2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Only the strong survive!
Alphastar, SkyPix, and probably several hundred equipment manufacturers from the C-Band days all gone! Lots of programmers gone, cable companies in trouble, many of the big players having to sell off franchises just to stay afloat. It is a tough business!

Analysts don't know squat IMO, D* has posted losses before, Digital SD and HD LILs isn't the story, as people who have cable will already stay with cable unless D* has more national HD channels to go with the local HDs... That said HD Lite from D* is not going to get entice cable owners away from their HD "Medium".

Tom Taylor said:
Only the strong survive!.........It is a tough business!

True but I was hoping VOOM would succede and give Directv and Echostar a run for their money! I was a little upset with the HIGH prices Voom charged when it first came out! This did a great deal of hurt for them! :eek:

ok my question is if they do buy them out what does that mean for joe schmo (me) whos has E* & V*?

Mrdectown said:
ok my question is if they do buy them out what does that mean for joe schmo (me) whos has E* & V*?

GOOD QUESTION!, Especially since Echostar seem to be bad negotiator's with network(s) on keeping and getting new channels! VOOM alone has nearly doubled its HD/SD channels in the last year! :shocked

Smthkd said:
GOOD QUESTION!, Especially since Echostar seem to be bad negotiator's with network(s) on keeping and getting new channels! VOOM alone has nearly doubled its HD/SD channels in the last year! :shocked

yea you're right. Voom is ultra agressive about getting any and every hd channel known to man. With our luck charlie will have the damn channels and stilll wont give them to us. seeing as he knows whats best for us. what a loser.

If E*buys out Voom they will cetainly remove all the duplicate SD & HD channels, get the rights to exclusive Voom programming & channels which really isn't that great, but do they automatically get the rights to the other HD & SD channels they do not already have? I don't think so. So they are still put into the position of negotiating those deals. If they decide to "prop-up" the Voom service for a few months or so I assume any contracts are still in place while they still "service" current Voomers. Lastly, even if E* gets to buy Voom and keep everything as is, E* is still stuck with signals out on the 61.5 bird which is crap. What current channels might they choose to move off of 110 and/or 119 to move new HD content into the "mainstream"? It seems that Voom is a Titanic waiting to happen and the ONLY reason I wasn't on the ship is beacause of the 61.5 location and they didn't have ESPN Networks at the time.

Mrdectown said:
.....Voom is ultra agressive about getting any and every hd channel known to man. With our luck charlie will have the damn channels and stilll wont give them to us. seeing as he knows whats best for us. what a loser.

Exactly! I have Directv but have been completely dissatisfied with their HD channels and service. I wanted Voom, but with the recent talks about selling the company, this slowed that process. I also considered Echo*, but their lack of HD content and past network renewal problems halted that! Its a shame that we the PAYERS are getting the bad end of the stick! Maybe if they really listened to our needs their company's would be successful!

charper1 said:
If E*buys out Voom they will cetainly remove all the duplicate SD & HD channels, get the rights to exclusive Voom programming & channels which really isn't that great, but do they automatically get the rights to the other HD & SD channels they do not already have? I don't think so. So they are still put into the position of negotiating those deals. If they decide to "prop-up" the Voom service for a few months or so I assume any contracts are still in place while they still "service" current Voomers. Lastly, even if E* gets to buy Voom and keep everything as is, E* is still stuck with signals out on the 61.5 bird which is crap. What current channels might they choose to move off of 110 and/or 119 to move new HD content into the "mainstream"? It seems that Voom is a Titanic waiting to happen and the ONLY reason I wasn't on the ship is beacause of the 61.5 location and they didn't have ESPN Networks at the time.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!! :yes

If (and this is the biggest IF i have ever typed) he does anything add all the premiums to the hd packedge jack the price up about 7 or 8 bucks i will be happy. i like a select few of there channels but i can live without them. but i watch EncoreHD,MaxHD, BravoHD,TmcHD, and StarzHD like my life depends on it. it would suck to lose those. Especially Starz and MAX

r.jones1116 said:
This is old news. VOOM is not for sale!!!!

Who would want it? D* doesn't and why would E*? E* already moved HD content off 61.5 and has AMC-15 launching soon to replace AMC-2 at 105. Why spend $'s to purchase V* when shortly he'll have extra bandwidth and there's still no compelling HD content out there?

I agree, and I would watch those as well for $5 - $7 more /mo, but where will E* put them is the question? I do not want 3 or more HD services per transponder just to get them!

ok i am not the smartest at this so bare with me. Now it was to my understanding that E does infact have a 61.5 bird? and that what voom is on right? I heard someone else say something about how that location sucks but i am very happy with my voom pq. help me better understand

Mrdectown said:
ok i am not the smartest at this so bare with me. Now it was to my understanding that E does infact have a 61.5 bird? and that what voom is on right? I heard someone else say something about how that location sucks but i am very happy with my voom pq. help me better understand

They are on two seperate satellites, but they are co-located at 61.5.

The location sucks if you are a current Echostar subscriber, because you likely would need 2 different dishes. The E* birds are all 40-60 degrees off of the Voom bird. Personally I LOVE the current orientation because it's the only one I could get.

charper1 said:
Lastly, even if E* gets to buy Voom and keep everything as is, E* is still stuck with signals out on the 61.5 bird which is crap.

But they also get Rainbow 1 and the rights to Voom's transponder frequencies. They can use all the transponders on echostar 3 and then move Rainbow 1 to another location for better use.

I wouldn't get too excited over this article. As far as I can tell, the article just says that one possibility COULD be that Voom is bought by echostar. They could have just as easily said that a possibility COULD be that Voom is bought by Burger King or McDonalds.

This article does not say anything about Cablevision announcing anything that we don't already know from much older threads posted here.

Nothing new.

--Dan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)