New install HR44

so how is the edge crap over the bolt??? i heard the bolt had over heating issues!!! along with HDD failures but the HDD thing is a given!!! iv'e had no issues with my edge!! i heard hydra was sh*t also
As I stated above... The issues with the Edge are ALL SOFTWARE. There is features still missing like Tivo-Tivo Transfers. There are issues with accessing it online. It doesnt support all types of Dolby Vision. They have a HDR on all the time bug in the menus.. The Bolt overheating issues were entirely overblown. I have had 2 over 3-4 years now and have never had a cooling issue.. And this was clarified by Tivo. People were confusing the ODT Temp from the bolt to the MBT temp that was on the Roamio. So everyone thought a Bolt running at 65-72 degrees it was going to overheat when it was fine.. Tivo stated the threshold was close to 100... Dont get me wrong I was all in on the Edge and still think it can be great. But there hasnt been software update since the fall..

I get you bought an Edge and based on your comments unless it started cursing at your family in German your going to defend your purchase... But there is alot of reality with it that Tivo needs to address and not worry about there streaming stick

Reactions: krynn
Software problems aren't the fault of the Edge, they are the fault of Hydra/TE4. It took Tivo literally YEARS to get the HD GUI running quickly enough and bug-free enough that I felt it was worth upgrading from the SD GUI. It will probably take at least as long if not longer to fix Hydra. And since some of its shortcomings are by design, it will never be the equal of TE3 at least as far as I'm concerned.

So yeah, if the Edge has a major shortcoming it is that it cannot run TE3. Or rather, it obviously COULD, but Tivo won't allow it to.

Software problems aren't the fault of the Edge, they are the fault of Hydra/TE4. It took Tivo literally YEARS to get the HD GUI running quickly enough and bug-free enough that I felt it was worth upgrading from the SD GUI. It will probably take at least as long if not longer to fix Hydra. And since some of its shortcomings are by design, it will never be the equal of TE3 at least as far as I'm concerned.

So yeah, if the Edge has a major shortcoming it is that it cannot run TE3. Or rather, it obviously COULD, but Tivo won't allow it to.
These issues though don’t exist on other devices running Hydra. It is strictly Edge

some comments from tivo on another forum seems to indicate they didn’t implement code correctly for the new cpu

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)