New iPhone/iPad Jailbreak out

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Jailbreakme.com is back and it does iPad2

The easiest way to jaibreak your iDevices has been released. This one also does your iPad2. Just go to jailbreakme.com in the browser on your device and do the steps. No computer needed

Dev-Team Blog

Yeah... I posted that in the ipad owners thread.

I've got it on my ipad 2, now what? I don't see anything I was missing really, though would love to redo the 'desktop' of my ipad, there doesn't seem to be much in Cydia I want, especially at a price. Am I missing something cool somewhere?

It's not as big of a deal as it used to be. With ios 5 releasing this fall and all the cool stuff it wil offer, not really a reason to Jailbreak. There are other repositories or app sources you can add to Cydia, and get a lot more apps than what you see in Cydia. You can Google "how to add sources to Cydia". Here is a link to get you started. Good luck.

Are there widgets you can put on the desktop if you jailbreak?

If not, I don't see myself getting excited about it. I have gotten used to the icons and folders of the iPad, and am actually looking forward to having those folders on my mbp desktop once Lion drops later this month; as I'd like to be able organize some of my apps better than the Dock does.

If not, I don't see myself getting excited about it. I have gotten used to the icons and folders of the iPad, and am actually looking forward to having those folders on my mbp desktop once Lion drops later this month; as I'd like to be able organize some of my apps better than the Dock does.

It's not as big of a deal as it used to be. With ios 5 releasing this fall and all the cool stuff it wil offer, not really a reason to Jailbreak. There are other repositories or app sources you can add to Cydia, and get a lot more apps than what you see in Cydia. You can Google "how to add sources to Cydia". Here is a link to get you started. Good luck.
To be able to tether without additional costs for those of us on the unlimited plan who used to be able to do so, and to avoid those ridiculous MLB blackout rules, jailbreaking is still needed

I did the jb earlier today on my iPad 2. Thing is so few of the cydia apps seem to be available that I didn't know if it worked right. I'll play around with it some more. In the meantime, does anyone know of any apps that allow you to mount the full iPad volume to your computer so you can transfer whatever files you want outside of iTunes?

Sent from my Nexus One using SatelliteGuys super rad app.

DodgerKing said:
The easiest way to jaibreak your iDevices has been released. This one also does your iPad2. Just go to jailbreakme.com in the browser on your device and do the steps. No computer needed

Dev-Team Blog

Sorry. Totally missed your thread.

rockymtnhigh said:

Not sure.

DodgerKing said:
To be able to tether without additional costs for those of us on the unlimited plan who used to be able to do so, and to avoid those ridiculous MLB blackout rules, jailbreaking is still needed

Good point.

rockymtnhigh said:
Merged the two threads.

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Has the tethering apps been fixed to cloak the fact that you are tethering from AT&T?

Has the tethering apps been fixed to cloak the fact that you are tethering from AT&T?
Apparently, PDANet is supposed to do this. I use MyWi and haven't had any issues or notifications from ATT. I probably only use a few megs of data a month from tethering anyway.

Well one of the theories about the tethering is that AT&T saw you were tethering because the tethering apps used the mechanism that Apple had included which showed that they were NATed.

I was contacted about a month ago by AT&T and was threatened to be automatically signed up to a tethering data plan. I asked why. They said they suspected me to be tethering my phone. I asked her how they came up with that. She said it was because of high data use. Nothing else. I argued that I still have the unlimited data plan and I stream a lot of Pandora, Slacker, You Tube. ect. She said, Oh, Ok. Sorry to bother you then. End of story. Now, with that said, I in fact was doing a lot of tethering at my work machine due to our Web Sence. So, yes, I used a alot of data a couple of months. My point is that they only saw a spike in data usage. If they could tell I was actually tethering to a computer, or my iPad, they would have called BS, and forced me into a tethering data plan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)