New Ku band Project

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Simple way is to ensure you are tuned to a horizontal transponder before you move the dish - that way the motor's being supplied with 18 volts, instead of 13 volts (as it would be if you were last tuned to a vertical transponder).

I had an HH120 installed, but eventually got fed up with its slowness and switched over to a polar mount and linear actuator - much happier now!

Hello raydio
I not to worry about the speed of the motor, I will keep it for now, I am don't know where to get a polar mount or it has to be home made.
Is a good motor, there is an option on enigma@ under the tuner configuration mode call extra motor options and under there is an option call Horizontal turning speed , I am not sure if this option can speed up the motor.
Regards.
Chewie

Reactions: raydio
Chewie, how are you liking your non-penetrating mount? The 2 I have are undergoing their toughest test so far today... sustained winds of 30mph with gusts over 50mph and no drift! That's quality right there!!

That is very good CN, in my area I don't get lots of winds my dish is facing south, the winds blow from east to west, as you can see on the pictures, the east side is my neighbors house and it blocks some of the wind, the north is the back of my dish and the roof blocks most of the wind and so on the west side, but I am glad it can hold on to this much wind.
I like this mount a lot I had to shim it a little so it was plumb, so far I haven't seen any changes on signal quality.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Hello Gents
I have some more questions, please take a look at this diagram on how to connect my dishes and OTA antenna, is it possible to connect them this way?, I been reading about diplexers and it may be to much insertion loss, or is there better diplexers that have low insertion loss that I can use or is there any other way I can connect my dishes and antenna, I want get rid of some cables inside the house.
Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Chewie

Attachments

• FTA Setup.jpg
    FTA Setup.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 133
Hello Gents
I have some more questions, please take a look at this diagram on how to connect my dishes and OTA antenna, is it possible to connect them this way?, I been reading about diplexers and it may be to much insertion loss, or is there better diplexers that have low insertion loss that I can use or is there any other way I can connect my dishes and antenna, I want get rid of some cables inside the house.
Any Ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Chewie
It will not work ... OTA tv is 200 Mhz to 800 Mhz and the DiseqC switch range is 950 Mhz to 2400 Mhz. Run a separate cable to the OTA tuner. Use a 22k switch if you have only 2 LNBs

When you have problems running a second cable, it can still be done with one cable (with losses both on sat and on OTA!).

In that case you'd need a second diplexer at the output port of the (diseqc or other) switch.

So... a diplexer can be used to add OTA signal, and to split off OTA signal.

Greetz,
A33

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts