New LNBF - only one wire?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CenterFreq

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 11, 2008
I just bought a new LNBF (to mount on my new 1.8m dish) from a dealer that used to be listed at the top of this page. To my surprise, the only connector on the thing is the F connector for the signal. There are no terminals for skew or polarization. What have I done? My old ten footer required lots of wires. The actuator only requires 4 wires this time, but it's this LNBF that has me stumped.

Okay, that sounds good, but does my ancient 4DTV unit know that? Also, I remember something about autoskew. How does that fit in with this newer LNBF?
And thanks for your help.

In the 4DTV receiver setup menu there is a selection for LNB types. LNBFs work fine. I'm presently running 2 receivers with them. The skew is determined by the rotation when mounting it in the scalar ring.

What brand, model LNBF is it? Is it a fixed dish or motorized?

It's an Eagle Aspen C-Band Stacked LNBF, with scalar ring included. Man, you're making this sound too easy. I went through flames back in Las Vegas with my old rig. I'm actually looking forward to this new install. I bought the polar mount antenna and a slightly oversized (24") actuator.

Can the 4DTV receiver process a stacked signal? If not, and if this LNBF only puts out a stacked signal, than an external destacker will have to be added to the installation.

I hate to be the one to say this but, the 4DTV receiver is not compatible with bandstacked LO frequency of the LNBF. It will require 5150 mhz not 5750 mhz.

It will however work fine with most FTA receivers.

No wonder these were on a blowout sale. I'll just toss it on the pile of scrap satellite parts in my garage. Can you tell me what I now need to buy, and from whom?
Thanks.

I bought the wrong LNBF

I just found out from some of the members on the C-band forum that I bought the wrong LNBF to hook up to my 4DTV. I bought the Eagle Aspen C-Band Stacked LNBF with a scalar ring. It was a blowout sale... they were going for $29.00 as I recall. Now I find out that the 4DTV will not work with a stacked LNBF. So I was wondering if someone from this forum can tell me which LNBF to buy. I need a good one, because my dish is so small (6 ft).
Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts