New news on Cutler

What they're asking, and what they'll get, aren't necessarily the same thing. I haven't heard much today about the scenario I wrote about yesterday. But that doesn't mean it's dead. k

Cowherd was making a good case for 2 1's being acceptable, as you're paying rookies for potential and you'd be paying Cutler for performance. He is a talented QB and since he can't play defense too his record doesn't reflect his ability.

I can see someone giving a 1st and a conditional 5th the following year, with accelerators to bring it up to something like a 2nd based on performance (or playoff appearance depending on the team).

If it's Dan Snyder, the Broncos will get those two first rounders. Snyder is just that dumb when it comes to personnel decisions. He paid Haynesworth $100 million and overpaid for DeAngelo Hall. Apparently he's already trying to trade Jason Campbell to sweeten the deal. Good luck.

It's the Buccaneers, the Redskins, or the Jets. The Browns I think are out because Cutler has said he doesn't want to get traded/live in Cleveland (if you believe one report, anyway, I'll try to find the link).

Broncos Flooded With Cutler Inquiries
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/...ler-inquiries/

"Broncos Flooded With Cutler Inquiries
Posted by Mike Florio on April 2, 2009, 2:45 p.m.

The Denver Broncos reportedly are getting plenty of interest in quarterback Jay Cutler.

The interest is so intense that, according to Mike Mulligan of the Chicago Sun-Times, the Broncos are requesting communications only by text or e-mail.

“Nobody can get a call back,” one league source told Mulligan. ”It could mean something’s happening fast, or maybe they’re just overwhelmed.”

Mulligan also echoes the notion that the Broncos want to send Cutler to the NFC, just as the Packers wanted to ship Brett Favre out of the conference last year.

If it’s true that the Broncos are flooded with potential suitors from either conference, a valuable byproduct is that the activity has, to date, kept the team from continuing the ill-advised pissing match with Cutler over the question of whether he failed to return phone calls.

In fact, the Broncos would be wise to say nothing at all about the situation until the trade is announced.

Then again, they would have been wise to say nothing at any point in the process, other than, “Jay Cutler is our quarterback.”

So, basically, coach Josh McDaniels apparently didn’t learn all that much during his years with Bill Belichick."

What I find interesting about the whole thing is their reliance on texts or e-mails? Are they worried about being talked into something? I guess they are just taking offers at this point, but I would think that a phone call would be another way to vocally state that you are looking for a better offer much more than sending a text. That's just me though.

I think the Broncos must have some sort of agreement with a major cellular service carrier to keep mentioning text messaging at every chance.

Readskins seem to be the leaders, as they can add Jason Cambell to the mix if Denver wants a QB. The Redskins usually have "Championship" off seasons, now they just needs to follow it to the regular season.

I dont think Denver wants to touch the number 1 pick that our beloved lions can offer

Cutler to the Bears!! Bears trade a 1st in '09, a 1st in '10, a 3rd in '09 & Kyle Orton to Denver for Jay Cutler & a 5th in '09.

Damn, I was planning on not taking NFL-ST this year but this might make watching the Bears interesting.

John Clayton reported it as Bears 1st this year & next, & Kyle Orton for Cutler & a 3rd.

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4037373"]Chicago Bears acquire Jay Cutler from Denver Broncos for Kyle Orton, picks - ESPN[/ame]

Nope, Broncos get 2-1's, 1-3, and Orton.

Bears get Cutler and a 5th round pick.

Wow, Denver robbed the Bears. If Cutler doesn't pay dividends GM and Lovie just set the franchise back 5-6 years. Hope Denver sticks with Orton... will be entertaining lol.

This reminds me of the Ricky Williams trade.

You remember when ex-Bear legend himself Mike Ditka traded away all of New Orleans picks in 1999 and a 1st and 3rd in 2000 for Ricky Williams....

CITI Field IN SD....?

Addictive online fighting game...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts