New news on Cutler

WOW I just heard about this as I have been a cave all day, The bears went from playoff hopefulls to superbowl contenders with this trade. You all can have Kyle orton, He SUCKS big time. I wish they would have gave up grossman too. The bears made out on this trade. It was Highway robbery! Great job Lovie and Halas hall!

WOW I just heard about this as I have been a cave all day, The bears went from playoff hopefulls to superbowl contenders with this trade. You all can have Kyle orton, He SUCKS big time. I wish they would have gave up grossman too. The bears made out on this trade. It was Highway robbery! Great job Lovie and Halas hall!

I respectfully disagree ...
see post 117, they gave up a TON
Bears will be lucky to win 10 games.

that's exactly how I feel. Tony Kornhole has the bears as superbowl contenders already :rolleyes: who's cutler throwing to ????:confused: the bears offensive line needs major work too.

The bears are fine, they could have given that up with what they have. They have a good enough OL to allow jay to pass. We have Devin Hester wich is a huge threat, In the past we couldnt allow him to use his speed on the field as no one could throw that far. Now we can let him run and Jay can hit his target (devin) Devin was decent last year, wich was his first year at WR, This year, this is going to be one sick combination! Can you say Deep pass! Tocuhdown! If devin is getting double teamed you have Greg Olson as an alternative who is decent, Rashide Davis is another decent target, all proven. The defence is proven itself time in and time out. Last year the D was what saved our asses plenty of times, I cant name the countless times where we would have won the game if we had a qb that could do more than what kyle or Rex could. IF we has someone like a cutler, I think the bears would have made it to the division, if not the superbowl. This year the bears have heard their fans, and I think we have alot to look forward too. Now lets see what kind of Free market deals we can snatch up.

The bears are fine, they could have given that up with what they have. They have a good enough OL to allow jay to pass. We have Devin Hester wich is a huge threat, In the past we couldnt allow him to use his speed on the field as no one could throw that far. Now we can let him run and Jay can hit his target (devin) Devin was decent last year, wich was his first year at WR, This year, this is going to be one sick combination! Can you say Deep pass! Tocuhdown! If devin is getting double teamed you have Greg Olson as an alternative who is decent, Rashide Davis is another decent target, all proven. The defence is proven itself time in and time out. Last year the D was what saved our asses plenty of times, I cant name the countless times where we would have won the game if we had a qb that could do more than what kyle or Rex could. IF we has someone like a cutler, I think the bears would have made it to the division, if not the superbowl. This year the bears have heard their fans, and I think we have alot to look forward too. Now lets see what kind of Free market deals we can snatch up.

As I recall, Devin's always had this minor problem with CATCHING THE BALL ...
other than that ....

Olson is your receiver ....
On the positive side, they DID sign Orlando Pace.

As I recall, Devin's always had this minor problem with CATCHING THE BALL ...
other than that ....

Olson is your receiver ....

It wasnt that Devin couldnt catch, it was the QB's we had sucked and could never get him the ball in the right spot. They were allways over or underthrowing him. I think this year is going to be a defining year for the bears.

Wow!

I go MIA for three months and all hell breaks loose in Denver. :D

In my mind Cutler is a more stable version of Grossman, can't wait for the Bears fan to go irate when Cutler throws a pick six.

Bears last 12 years of 1st round draft picks:

Year Player Pos. School Pick #
2008 Chris Williams OT Vanderbilt 14
2007 Greg Olsen TE Miami 31
2006 No Pick -- -- --
2005 Cedric Benson RB Texas 4
2004 Tommie Harris DT Oklahoma 14
2003 Michael Haynes DE Penn State 14
Rex Grossman QB Florida 22
2002 Marc Colombo OT Boston College 29
2001 David Terrell WR Michigan 8
2000 Brian Urlacher LB New Mexico 9
1999 Cade McNown QB UCLA 12
1998 Curtis Enis RB Penn State 5

Not exactly a very good track record, but if you look back on their 3rd-6th round picks you'll find some very good football players. The $$ they can save from not having to pay a 1st round pick the next 2 years can get them Torry Holt if they want him. Earl Bennett, who couldn't learn the Bears playbook this year, was Cutlers #1 receiver @ Vanderbilt. He'll come in with a venegence.

I can live with a few pick 6's, what I learned to hate is years worth of horrible QB play. Sometimes, you just have to take a chance. I hope the Broncos get great value from this trade, but i know this trade will help the Bears, on & off the field.

Chicago Media market is reporting that Orton was the deal maker for the trade, Specifically NBC5 (WMAQ) is reporting that there were other deals that were very simular to what the bears offered, but Kyle was the motovating factor in accepting the offer.

This was a a MAJOR gamble on BOTH the Bears AND the Broncos part. On the Bears side, they just gave up the future of this team for RIGHT NOW. To give up TWO #1s is teetering on insane....and your STARTING QB....you are down right certifiable.....unless you know something and you have a ace in the whole.

On the Broncos side, they gave up a STUD QB that was ALREADY a Pro Bowl and he is ONLY 25. The thing is, WHAT are they gonna do with those picks? I mean, the QB they REALLY and TRULY wanted was Cassel...and Orton is NO WHERE NEAR a Cassel. I laugh when people bring up his record in Denver....have you seen that defense....it was absolutely TERRIBLE!

It is REALLY hard to tell WHO the real winner and loser is. I covered some of the Bears in my days in Chicago....they have by DYING for a legit QB for a VERY long time....and they could have found themselves one.....COULD HAVE.....;)

This was a a MAJOR gamble on BOTH the Bears AND the Broncos part. On the Bears side, they just gave up the future of this team for RIGHT NOW. To give up TWO #1s is teetering on insane....and your STARTING QB....you are down right certifiable.....unless you know something and you have a ace in the whole.

On the Broncos side, they gave up a STUD QB that was ALREADY a Pro Bowl and he is ONLY 25. The thing is, WHAT are they gonna do with those picks? I mean, the QB they REALLY and TRULY wanted was Cassel...and Orton is NO WHERE NEAR a Cassel. I laugh when people bring up his record in Denver....have you seen that defense....it was absolutely TERRIBLE!

It is REALLY hard to tell WHO the real winner and loser is. I covered some of the Bears in my days in Chicago....they have by DYING for a legit QB for a VERY long time....and they could have found themselves one.....COULD HAVE.....;)

I think Cutler will do very well in Chicago.

On the other hand, Mc Danial has came out and thinks he can make a star out of any QB, ala Cassel, sorry , but it doesn't work that way.
If he runs the same offense that can dunk and dink any QB should do well.

He will try to make Orton , his Cassel ....
I hope it works.

Jimbo

I think Cutler will do very well in Chicago.

On the other hand, Mc Danial has came out and thinks he can make a star out of any QB, ala Cassel, sorry , but it doesn't work that way.
If he runs the same offense that can dunk and dink any QB should do well.

He will try to make Orton , his Cassel ....
I hope it works.

Jimbo

For OBVIOUS reason....I hope it doesn't!:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)