New NFL rule with Doubleheader's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
Did anyone notice in their markets that when an early game ended & the affiliate took them to a second early game that hadn't yet finished that they explicitly referenced the new 15-minute rule:

Basically stating they could only show 15 minutes of the second game (even if it wasn't finished & went to OT) because they are required to switch to the start of the second doubleheader.

After many years of fighting this I'm pleased that they actually listen to the DirecTV ST subscribers. :)

I believe that is how it's always been. I can remember such things happening years ago. The only exception to this is if you are in the primary or secondary market of the team playing the early game. Then you get the whole thing.

What I've noticed a lot less this year is the networks switching from a blowout to a closer game. Can anyone who got CHI/GB confirm if they stayed with the game throughout?

Here in Chicago we got the whole GB/Chi game as it should be so I can't help you there (Sunday Ticket comes in handy when you are forced to watch a blow out).

The old rule was if they switched to a second football game during a doubleheader & it went into overtime, they were supposed to open the 'black out' channel on SD until the earlier game ended. The rule went on to say that they couldn't switch to the second game until the earlier game ended (unless it was a home market team in the late game).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)