New plan with auto renewal.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Just called for the annual song and dance. They have a new, slightly more expensive plan (60% off normal, to be exact). With fees and taxes, 9.00. Don't need to call again in a year, it will automatically adjust down 60% from normal price at the time. He alluded I was qualified since I have been a sub since 2015. I don't know if there is a minimum/years.

Was this the Platinum package ?
I had never heard of it either, till I renewed this year ...

I wish they would tell me, no need to call in and just apply a 60% discount ....
Of course my plan might be Less than the 60% off IF they are going with the absurd Subscribed pricing.

At one time I had 3 radios and they sent a notice that my sub was up and they would be billing me at the retail price of $ 600.

I called in and told them what I thought of thier $600 bill ...
Needless to say, it ended up being MUCH cheaper.

I think these last 3-4 years I have used it and gotten Much more use out of it than I had been.

Reactions: TheKrell
I got this feature this year as well. They refer to them as the "Advantage" plans. Mine is Platinum Advantage, and I think they have "Advantage" plans of some of their other packages too based on reports on other forums and Reddit. It definitely is a great feature than in theory should work out in the long term.

I got this feature this year as well. They refer to them as the "Advantage" plans. Mine is Platinum Advantage, and I think they have "Advantage" plans of some of their other packages too based on reports on other forums and Reddit. It definitely is a great feature than in theory should work out in the long term.
Both my radios are on what they call Platinum Advantage plan ... according to my Account details.

I have had the Platinum advantage for about a year. Just as Kab said it is slightly more expensive than you may be able to negotiate to, but no more calling in every year.

I see online some didn't understand what it means it won't go up in price. It can go up in price if there is a general increase like there was last year, I believe plans went up $1. But what won't happen is it going up to the non discounted price.
Between using it on Alexa, and being able to listen to a couple of games when traveling along with the music we get alot of use out of it. I walk at the beach most days all year and the app is great.

Problem I have been having with them, is they can't seem to bill both radios to be due at the same time.
I would like to do the "Happy" dance ONCE and be done with it for the year ...
I have 1 radio that is due in January and another in April I believe ... so billing gets done twice.

So they refuse to add a few months to the 2nd radio to make them due at the same time.
Been that way since the merger, I was with XM originally with 1 radio.

• Sad
Problem I have been having with them, is they can't seem to bill both radios to be due at the same time.
I would like to do the "Happy" dance ONCE and be done with it for the year ...
I have 1 radio that is due in January and another in April I believe ... so billing gets done twice.

So they refuse to add a few months to the 2nd radio to make them due at the same time.
Been that way since the merger, I was with XM originally with 1 radio.
I don't know how much you use the service but maybe you could cancel the January sub and then add a sub on the April account to that radio in April.

Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
Last year I was able to line up the contracts on all three of the radios on my account to expire at the same time. Last year I renewed at $5/month plus fees for the music and entertainment package. Best I was able to do this year was renew for $6.99/month plus fees. Not thrilled, but having streaming included on the accounts is a good value and we get much more use out of the subscriptions because of it. Next year we drop down to two subs when one of the cars goes away.

I have had the Platinum advantage for about a year. Just as Kab said it is slightly more expensive than you may be able to negotiate to, but no more calling in every year.

I see online some didn't understand what it means it won't go up in price. It can go up in price if there is a general increase like there was last year, I believe plans went up $1. But what won't happen is it going up to the non discounted price.
Between using it on Alexa, and being able to listen to a couple of games when traveling along with the music we get alot of use out of it. I walk at the beach most days all year and the app is great.
i have the Platinum advantage and talked em down to 120.00 for the year!!! i wish they would bring back the lifetime subs so that we only have to do the happy dance once :D :coco :amen

i have the Platinum advantage and talked em down to 120.00 for the year!!! i wish they would bring back the lifetime subs so that we only have to do the happy dance once :D :coco :amen
I too have the Platmium (they changed the name recently) and I end up getting it for like $150 a year, that is not bad seeing we get alot of use from the Computer portion, just wish they'd allow more streams when Online.

just wish they'd allow more streams when Online.
I find I can have any number of Amazon Echo smart speakers and play SiriusXM on any or all of them. It can even be different channels, or go to different IP addresses.

i notice when i'm streaming on my pc and i log into my phone it's shuts off on the pc :mad:
This is what I was finding as well.

In my case it's 1 say Echo and 1 from a PC in a different location (so different IP's)
Yup. The Echo is the only device that allows multiple streams, so far as I know. Maybe other smart speakers too?

Well, well, well ...
It looks like they have Finally did it ...

I got a bill (I pay yearly) and Both radios were on the same bill ... and my bill was much cheaper it seems.
I think it come out to around $6-7 per month, which I find acceptable. Including Streaming.

Now, I will keep an eye on it to confirm that I don't get another bill in August/Sept for my F-150, seeing it had a 6 month free deal when I bought it, I got charged last year in the middle of the year.

So Far, so good ...

I think they sent me an email, like the Day Before it was applied to my CC ....
I didn't mind it because the price was dropped considerably.

Reactions: Foxbat and TRG
Well, well, well ...
It looks like they have Finally did it ...

I got a bill (I pay yearly) and Both radios were on the same bill ... and my bill was much cheaper it seems.
I think it come out to around $6-7 per month, which I find acceptable. Including Streaming.

Now, I will keep an eye on it to confirm that I don't get another bill in August/Sept for my F-150, seeing it had a 6 month free deal when I bought it, I got charged last year in the middle of the year.

So Far, so good ...

I think they sent me an email, like the Day Before it was applied to my CC ....
I didn't mind it because the price was dropped considerably.
Well, Unfortunately, I went back in and found that when they said that my radios were now on same account and being billed at the same time .... they were Incorrect.

Yes, my radios were all on 1 account now, however, they only charged me for 1 of them (which is why the price looked so nice) .

Supposedly, after discussing this with them yesterday, they now have me being billed together in Feb ... I guess we'll see Next year.

Reactions: Howard Simmons