New Poll: Where are you going?

I've closed the other one.

given a chance for people to change their minds eh :D

I picked Dish Network, but the more appropriate would be

Always been with dish, never left :D

Dish, though I've got cable last week with some issues (fighting for my 2 months free). so I'll go with Dish but keep a small cable as well, I think.

A couple of days ago I got my LG LST 4200A HD ota receiver. I pulled the plug on Voom on Friday night and I will not even watch it this last day.
Today I called and cancelled cable. So no cable bill, no Voom bill. I am enjoying fewer channels, but they are free and I am actually watching a channel rather than constantly surfing to find something better.

I am simply going to enjoy watching tv. I will not miss the constant turmoil whether the service will be here or not, the round and round about this thing, that thing, or something else. And there always is something else that somebody is not happy about. I don't care if Dish is going to have Voom, which brings me to think about what my installer told me a couple of months ago when I was approved for an antenna upgrade. He tried to talk me into going with Dish because he said they would have Voom. The general thought was that he didn't know what he was talking about, but his shot in the dark went straight to the heart. I wonder how he is at stock picks?

Got a great deal with Cable. Still with dish at $5 a month. I might consider going back to dish but I'm going to wait to see if Cable gets the Voom line up. In the mean time. Cable all the way.

At 1st, I was thinking of Adelphia...then thought of DISH...now...gonna go back to Adelphia due to the possibility from reliable sources the D* will come out with a major announcement of their own in June....now I have stated before....on a level playing field with everyone offfering more or less the same amout of HD....Directv will ALWAYS win because of their trump card...the NFL ticket...IN HD...so, seeing that I can be a patient man....I will wait...maybe go with Adelphia with no contract just to have something till we see what Directv WILL offer...

well i made my decision (for now). Decided to go with adelphia. Ordered the HD DVR, and of course when they arrived they said they were out of stock on them in the warehouse and brougth an HD reciever instead. So far a couple of problems recieving certain premium channels. Said i have to wait until saturday when a guy comes out supposedly with the hd dvr. I'll believe it when i see it. Decision for me came down to Direct tv with universal HD, dish with tnt hd, or adelphia with cinemax hd. All other HD channels were the same (hermosa beach is one of the few adelphia area's that had discovery and cinemax), minus the hdnet or voom programming, which honestly i never watch. adelphia's no contract (i can wait and see what dish and direct tv are going to do), cinemax, contracts in other area's with networks like star/ hdnet/inhd, the buyout by timewarner/comcast (i get time/warner), and being listed on the monstershd page give me hope. so i dissappointedly decided adelphia. Finally figured out how to get the SD channels to upconvert to 1080i today, thank god, i was hating it before, now its at least watchable.

now i wait and see what the future brings. God i hate adelphia.

I went with Adelphia, Dish was expensive compared to Adelphia for the same HD offerings, plus for $5 a month they gave me a SA/HD DVR w/2 tuners, works almost as good as Tivo... I had the installer split the cable so my Tivo/anolog cable/Directv Locals would still be on its own and hooked up the Digital DVR where VOOM use to reside in DVI and I get great PQ. Got a LG 4200 OTA HD Digital reciever and a power supply to power the Voom Wingard antenna, pluged into RGB and POW, 38 OTA stations, many Digital HD/Dolby... I pretty much have what I had with VOOM... but I still miss my VOOM...!!! I can wait till Dish & DTV get a serious HD package together, all they seem to be doing now is offering the same crap for more $ than cable with contracts to boot (no contract with Adelphia)... I can wait.

I am using OTA only currently. Later this summer, I will try to make a change. I am waiting to see what Direct does first.

Staying with 4DTV (C-Band). May add Dish to get the additional Voom HD channels.

My history is like this:

9/02 - TWC Cable
9/03 - DirecTV
4/04 - Voom (held onto DirecTV)
4/05 - TWC Cable (canceled DirecTV)
5/05 - DISH - mainly because of VOOM (but kept Cable for INHD1 & 2 plus baseball games)
Future??? Whoever has the most HDTV!

i actually stopped work on my home theater when i got Voom. now i have all this time to work on it again. it will give me time while i wait for mpeg 4 to settle out. i guess we'll have a cheap 1080p display by then too ;)