Getting new software V726, are you?

andrzej said:
You can't have it both ways Patato. Just right on your 20"'er would be too big on your 50"'er. I would rather have it just right on my 50"'er. :)

Well, you COULD have it just right both ways if Voom wanted to put a size option in the settings for a couple of different sizes of the caller ID box. Doubt they would bother with this, though.

If they implement the clock, I hope they have an option to turn it off. I have all my gear rack mounted on the wall behind me with my pj up top and I had to put masking tape over my Panny E85H's display & mask over the 2 LED's on the Dish 6000 because they were so bright they actually affected my screen image. With the room dark and nothing on, my screen was awash in light, not good for a pj, so I don't need anymore lights.

One thing I have noticed with the caller id is the current call is not being displayed when my phone rings. The previous call gets displayed instead of the current caller. Anyone else notice this???

Got 726 and no channels!!!

I have locals but no sat. channels. The thing has locked up a few times already tonight once in a loop where it just kept rebooting. We are getting light snow here in South bend IN. If voom doesn't work in light snow wonder how it will work during a heavy snow. Concerned customer.

Just got the softwrae update last night. 15% of the time when i changed channels i used to loose audio and would have to switch back and forth between channels sometimes 2-3 times before it would come back. I have been in fast channel surfing mode now for the past 10 hours and not a single audio logout, and i have yet to have my STB freezeup when rapidly changing channels, something that i would normally get once a day untill i finally trained myself too change channels slowly. Well i have been changing channels rapidly all day now and no stb freeze ups either. It looks like they have gotton alot of the bugs worked out with this release. YEAH!!!!

I was always happy with voom despite the pblms but now i am really happy, get me FSN-NY, MSG, and YES network in Hidef and i will kiss Walt's feet, LOL!!!!

Anyone know how to get to the "hidden" system settings with the new software? I want to run a diagnostic for my modem (my caller ID isn't working) but it seems that the earlier method (the 988 code) doesn't work. Thanks! ( and Happy Thanksgiving :lick )

timjf said:
it seems that the earlier method (the 988 code) doesn't work.
It still works. Just do it slowly... ;)

OTA tuning still has issue but there's a workaround

My caller id displays the incoming tel# ok. I had the box lock up when slowly scanning over a bogus OTA channel. This behavior is the same as the previous s/w. Channel 5.11 is the culprit. Once I hide this bogus channel I can tune ok.

I finally had a chance to catch CID and it DID NOT WORK! There was nothing on my screen when the call came in, yet my phone display showed the caller. Strike One, Voom. Maybe my next call will show the last call that came in. LOL. Yes, CID is enabled and yes, my stb IS plugged into the phone outlet.

Just figured out how to turn on CID...glad I came to this forum or else I wouldn't have realized I had it again!!! Funny...I just whined to customer service about that!!! How do you work the planner and what is it AND why is there no way (that I see) to only have closed caption come on during mute? This seems basic to me since that feature has been around since the early 90s. It seems to be all or nothing...unless I'm missing something, which could easily be the case! :)

I did notice yesterday that CALLED ID displays the LAST number that came in ....not the current number. It is like it is one behind.. Does anyone know if Voom is aware of this and is there a fix on the way ?

timjf said:
Got the new software overnight. No problems so far. Had to rehide some locals. The PG hasn't loaded - may need to reboot. Also, I plugged in the phone line to test the caller ID, enabled it, and called my number, but nothing displayed. Not sure if there's something else needed for caller ID. Didn't have a PIN set, so no problem there.

Must I have a pin installed for the caller id to work? If so where is that? I enabled the caller id in the settings, then rebooted the box, then called home and I got nothing....it does have a phone line, but I also tried to reort back feature and was unable to be successful there also. Any ideas?

kirkdj said:
Must I have a pin installed for the caller id to work? If so where is that? I enabled the caller id in the settings, then rebooted the box, then called home and I got nothing....it does have a phone line, but I also tried to reort back feature and was unable to be successful there also. Any ideas?
The PIN is not required, but if you did a reboot you may need to enable the CallerID again. Also, make sure to press the green button to save the settings.

ID Problems

This appears from the post that this feature works for some, some it doesn't, and some it doesn't work correctly......why can't Voom get this right? It's a feature that's been around for years! Maybe they can ask Ma Bell ?

jtrayall said:
One thing I have noticed with the caller id is the current call is not being displayed when my phone rings. The previous call gets displayed instead of the current caller. Anyone else notice this???
I am seeing this too now on my STB. So close to being a nice feature! Ilya, do you know if Voom has confirmed this as a bug yet?

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
There is a problem with the Caller ID function of the latest software. the ca...

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Chris M) - 11/29/2004 03:53 AM
Thank you for choosing VOOM - HDTV Delivered!

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have brought you. We are aware of this issue, and I can assure you that we are working diligently to fix this concern. Once again I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Thank you for choosing VOOM - the leader in High Definition Programming!

Adrianne F.
VOOM Email Support

Well it's the last few minutes of the 29th of November, and since I was out of the country for most of the posts and my box still hasn't updated, I am performing a forced update. So far so good, thanks again to everyone who has posted their results. BTW, a buddy of mine had the parental lock on and his update went fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts