Getting new software V726, are you?

UPDATE: around 30% of the customers should have received the update overnight. Others will be scheduled tonight. If everything goes well, pretty much everyone should have 7.26 by tomorrow!

And as RPacion, suggested, it's better to turn off the parental lock (if you have it enabled) before the update.

I checked last night and saw that I was targeted. I forced the download and it loaded in about 25 minutes with no incidents. After a while the orange lights on the right started cycling for about 4 minutes and then the box rebooted and I was watching HDNews on channel 100. Another 10 minutes and I had the program guide. Everything seems to be working fine. :)

Is it odd to receive the update on only one TV, when I have two in the home. Should I wait or call Voom to inquire?

stockymd said:
Is it odd to receive the update on only one TV, when I have two in the home. Should I wait or call Voom to inquire?
That's not odd. Actually, it is good that they do it that way, incase there is a bug in the software (what are the chances of that happening?), only one of your boxes would be affected, not both.

Has anyone else maintained a working CallerID setting.. I swear this thing only worked ONCE with one phone call and never again. (I have CallerID and other CallerID devices that are reporting correctly).

tdillon said:
I checked last night and saw that I was targeted. I forced the download and it loaded in about 25 minutes with no incidents. After a while the orange lights on the right started cycling for about 4 minutes and then the box rebooted and I was watching HDNews on channel 100. Another 10 minutes and I had the program guide. Everything seems to be working fine. :)
18.8 mintues for the download here.

Dvlos said:
Has anyone else maintained a working CallerID setting.. I swear this thing only worked ONCE with one phone call and never again. (I have CallerID and other CallerID devices that are reporting correctly).

I enabled the CallerID function, but later when I checked the settings it said that it was off again. I re-enabled it, but I haven't checked back to see if it "stuck".

I just forced both of mine to start the download, this is weird: It took 2 minutes for the first stb to locate the software and 4 seconds for the second one to locate it. They are now at the same place in the download. It's drizzling outside, I hope I don't loose my signal during the download. I'll report back when it's done.

26 Files: 13.8 MB's.

I mean I have a pin that I sat up. How do I disable it. I havnt received the update but am targeted and want to turn off the pin before the upgrade.

tdillon said:
I enabled the CallerID function, but later when I checked the settings it said that it was off again. I re-enabled it, but I haven't checked back to see if it "stuck".
FYI I just discovered that you have to press the Green button after setting Caller ID, it's down in the lower right hand corner and say's DONE. I set mine then hit Back and went back in to check it and it was off, that's when I saw the DONE option. Try that.

I rec'd the 2.3 version last night. It has the caller ID option, but doesn't seem to work. I pressed the done button after setting it. I posted an earlier question regarding the 2.3....sound old to me. I haven't really experienced any problems with it yet. The only thing is that my program guide still has not been downloaded. That is becoming a pain.

2.3 is the same thing as 7.26. CallerID must be enabled through the "*" menu and also, CallerID service must be provided by your phone company. Make sure the STB is connected to the phone line and give it at least 2 rings before answering the phone.

I just received the new uodate. Tested caller ID several times and it worked every time. Channel changing seems quicker.

This is screwy: One of my stb's took about an hour to get the first program info and when I look at the guide, I can't select the program, the guide is highlighted in the NO INFO part and will not scroll over to the Info. Even though it shows info in the guide, when I hit info on the channel I am watching, the Info is blank.

jhogue@hrtc.net said:
I mean I have a pin that I sat up. How do I disable it. I havnt received the update but am targeted and want to turn off the pin before the upgrade.
Go into the "Parental Controls" menu (press Voom, then Green button), and you will notice in the lower right corner it will show the yellow button (I think) and says something like "press to remove all parental controls and to clear the PIN". if you press it, another screen shows up to confirm the operation. I'm doing this from memory, so some of the details may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is how it works.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts