Getting new software V726, are you?

Scott Greczkowski said:
I havent been targeted yet. :(

Any way to force the download?
I'm not targeted yet either. Which may be a good thing if it's still buggy! ;)

I'm pretty sure the only way you can force it to start downloading, is to already be targeted. You'd need to find a way to force it to target your receiver first.

I have it but can't tell what's changed. The Fav button still brings up the guide starting at channel 2. D'oh!

Scott Greczkowski said:
I thought there was a way to force an upgrade through the installer menu. Guess not though... oh well....

Unless you are targeted there is no way to force it. As to the what has been added (very few new thigs), here is the post.... http://www.satelliteguys.us/showpost.php?p=235145&postcount=2

This was the upgrade that was supposed to take care of PPV and security... nothing else was promised... they added the other stuff as a bonus...

Kentstater72 said:
Please remind me.
How do you tell if you are targeted?

If you notice a red laser light flashing in your eyes or reflecting off your clothing, you are probably targeted. Just Kidding.

Go to one of the system menus, I prefer HELP, INFO, ENTER then page down to see if you are targeted. It will have a value in the target box or "N/A". If it has a value, then you should be getting the upgrade soon.

johnpete said:
One problem... it won't take my PIN number. Called voom and they'll get back with an answer.
John, have you resolved this problem yet?
I wonder if it would be wise to disable the PIN prior to the upgrade, then set it up again after the upgrade.

Johnpete

I am also locked out of my system settings because of box not taking 4 digit PIN. Voom said last night they are working on the problem but do not have a solution yet, it that the story you get from them.

Guinness

guinness said:
Johnpete
I am also locked out of my system settings because of box not taking 4 digit PIN. Voom said last night they are working on the problem but do not have a solution yet, it that the story you get from them.
Guinness
I believe you can call Customer Service and ask them to reset the PIN code for you. As I remember, someone did it in the past. Give it a try!

Sean they tried that 20 times last night as I was hot! No luck they had me reset 100 times and hit my system 20 times to clear the PIN and it does not work. This is consistent for those of us that have this problem according to Voom.

guinness said:
Sean they tried that 20 times last night as I was hot! No luck they had me reset 100 times and hit my system 20 times to clear the PIN and it does not work. This is consistent for those of us that have this problem according to Voom.
Ok. If that's the case, then this indeed could be a serious problem. Let's keep further discussion of it in a separate thread:
Big problem with V726 Update:Disable Parental Locking before the update!

Just in:

Looks like there will be no further 7.26 updates until VOOM and Motorola engineers get to the bottom of this PIN problem!

Ilya said:
Just in:

Looks like there will be no further 7.26 updates until VOOM and Motorola engineers get to the bottom of this PIN problem!

Ouch, another big one. Glad I didn't have that feature enabled on my box! :)

-John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts