Getting new software V726, are you?

What I want is for the Program Planner to be able to repeat. I record a show every day and I have to set it in the Program Planner EVERY DAY. They need to make it like a VCR timer so you can edit the time, day, duration, repeat.

My GD Planner failed twice more overnight, I am sick of this crap!
Last night I set a timer for a Christmas show on ABCFamily and it tuned in TNT. :mad:

Yesterday was the first time I used the PP and it worked fine. I wont be using it for every day recording though. I'll let the DVD recorder change channels through the antenna input from basic cable.

Vegasvoomer, if you have the same shows in HD that your are recording via analog cable, you'll get a much better picture if you record the Voom signal.

Thats true but doesnt really matter. I'm recording a soap for my wife everyday. The DVD rewrites it over and over every day. It's a really nice feature of this JVC recorder. All the on-off times, days and channels and quality info are stored on the disk. So when I put that disk in the machine automatically knows what to do. I just press the timer button. Actually the cable signal looked really good. I love that machine.

Lost channel with ABC (San Francisco Bay Area 7) for the last week. It is the only local gone. I had to resort to cable to watch the Monday Night Game.

Any ideas on how to fix, if possible. I tried resetting but no go.

726 problems

I am on my 3rd receiver with a variety of problems. Since the 726 upgrade the STB will freeze when I turn on the main TV(with DTV connection). I have removed the DTV connection and run the composite video connection to the same TV, the freeze problem on turn on is gone but I still have intermittent software errors where the STB will not allow change of channel.

Connected to a Sony 57", problems most prevalent with DTV direct connection. Less problems when connected composite video to Sony.

Anyone else have similar issues? Software or hardware problem??

dcd62

I have exactly the same problem. What's ironic is that I rarely (I mean rarely) had any problem before this version

Problems

I do not have the phone connected I am waiting for my 4th receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)