Getting new software V726, are you?

STB was targeted for tonight (11/22) with software versiov V00.02.30. I decided to force the download.

Scott -- you can force it once you are targeted by going into the Installation Wizard and selecting the option to Verify Voom. I don't think you have a method to force yourself to get targeted. They do it by 'target maps', and I'm in map 230--but I have no idea what target map 230 might mean, other than it might be a certain group of accounts.

Once I started the force, it displays a very nice information screen that tells you the download has 26 files and a gazillion bytes of information. It says the download will take about 30 minutes and that Voom will restart when complete. The download is a three step operation.

1. Identify Updates (took about 15 seconds)
2. Locate updates (took about 15 seconds)
3. Download estimated to take 30 minutes.

One of my boxes is targetted and the other is not. Isn't it strange that they update one box and not the other in the same house ?

I am also targeted. I just forced the download and I'm 25% completed. We'll see what happens. The callerID sounds like a really cool feature put in place to get more people to plug phone lines into the STB so they can better track what's going on. If it really works, it's worth it for me.

Do you have to have caller ID enacted on your phone for it to work ? I have my boxes connected to the phone and caller ID does not work ?

Lucky said:
Do you have to have caller ID enacted on your phone for it to work ? I have my boxes connected to the phone and caller ID does not work ?
Yes, I would think you need callerID enabled on your phone line to get this to work with the new software.

Continuation of post #60 from page 4 of this thread.

Download completed. When Voom attempts to restart itself, it appears to go into a loop. The orange bars on the STB light up in sequence, and the TV screen shows a 'starting Voom' display. It looped like this 4 times, so I turned the STB off. Voom then started itself and displayed the proper picture. The program guide has loaded all of the normal channels (satellite and OTA) and is now loading the PG information.

***Special note to Harmony users....Voom has taken some of the old menu options that used to have selection bars, and changed them to correspond to the color buttons on the Voom remote. The one I noticed right away was the 'System Settings' menu bar, which no longer exists. You have to use the 'Green' button on the remote to get there.

Just a short note on version nomenclature. The software version is 02.30, but the HAL version is 7.26. The Voom releases are designated in this forum using the HAL version.

Next logical question would be what does HAL mean, and I don't know. I came up with Hierarchical Assembler Language, but it could just as easily be Heinneken and Lime.

After reading about the caller id feature, then seeing StoneMans progress, I could not resist.

Checked our software version and we are scheduled for the update so I went to the "Installers Menu" and selected "Verify Voom" to initiate the download instead of waiting for it late tonight while in standby.

Downloading:

Software Version:

CallerID Setting:

I forced downloads on 2 of my receivers this evening. On one box I cleared the PIN, and on the other I left it alone. Well it seems like the "Invalid PIN" problem still exists. So I highly suggest to everyone targetted for 7.26 - Clear the PIN first!

And if your old PIN no longer works, call VOOM, they now have a way of resetting it remotely.

I haven't received the new software yet. Did Voom get the PIN issue fixed and now going to sending out the update to the rest of us this week?

jimmykce1- judging from recent posts, the pin issue is still an issue, but there is a workaround. If you clear your pin prior to the update, you should be OK. Watch your system settings to see when you get targeted, and clear the pin before the download. It looks like Voom is starting to push the upgrade now, and they do it in waves according to target groups.

Got the new software overnight. No problems so far. Had to rehide some locals. The PG hasn't loaded - may need to reboot. Also, I plugged in the phone line to test the caller ID, enabled it, and called my number, but nothing displayed. Not sure if there's something else needed for caller ID. Didn't have a PIN set, so no problem there.

This morning I woke up to version 2.3. I had 6.2. WHat gives? Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know anything about 2.3? I haven't noticed any problems yet, but I really didn't have time to play around with it much this morning.

I initially thought it was the new software because I had a option for caller ID and the system setting menu was a bit different.

Could we clear up this caller ID thing once and for all. It seems to be working for some, but not for others. I was told you have to have caller ID enabled by your phone company first for it to work with VOOM. Is this correct ? In other words if you do not subscribe to Caller ID service from your local phone company it will not work on the VOOM box. Correct ?

Ilya said:
And if your old PIN no longer works, call VOOM, they now have a way of resetting it remotely.
I called around 12:30AM and they said it would be reset in a few hours.
At 7:00AM, I was still having the problem.
Called again and was told the PIN reset would occur later today. I'll report back after I get home.

Caller ID worked fine for me.

RPacion said:
I called around 12:30AM and they said it would be reset in a few hours.
At 7:00AM, I was still having the problem.
Called again and was told the PIN reset would occur later today. I'll report back after I get home.

Caller ID worked fine for me.
I passed your info. They should take care of you. Let me know what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)