New PuertoRico CW local26 with no Audio

sorry about that nel, just thought that they were in san juan since their site states ponce,mayaguez and san juan

no love for bayamon :( but glad to hear they are here near us :)

also did you notice ABC is coming in HD?

Symbol they have coverage in Ponce and Mayaguez don't be sorry man!

San Juan coverage:FM and TV Service Area Maps

Ponce: FM and TV Service Area Maps

Mayaguez: FM and TV Service Area Maps

Hey Symbol do you like the NFL I have one space in my fanatasy league or anyone else interested send me a PM!

PSSS Don't tell nobody that I watch since I was a kid General Hospital and I watch it yesterday in HD!

if I said THIS! which you are right its not CBS anymore
but if we dont refer to it as CBS since that was the original provider,people would just think its another crap station *cough dish local 54*:rolleyes:

everything is alright now and working, also expect NBC and Fox to come of that same tower soon(this might not be true but thats what the lady from the LKK group said)

Yeah that's true. THIS channel shows MR. Ed in the mornings and Patty Duke Show I love these shows they have good movies to I pick up that channel form galaxy 18 123 FTA! I am not old only 35 years old! But I love the old shows!

Iit will come from the same channel but a different channel 10!
Here is the info:
It will be in channel 10 range coming soon!
Here is the coverage map for channel 10 in San Juan: FM and TV Service Area Maps

Mayaguez area: FM and TV Service Area Maps

Ponce: FM and TV Service Area Maps

Nel I would like to get the new channels in my Fajardo apartment, I have a 100mile 35db gain directional antenna and I get the USVI CBS st.thomas now called this and ABC st.croix

the black bold circle represents the location of my apartment

just curious if I can get these new networks over there

Attachments

• foxnbcetc.jpg
    foxnbcetc.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 126
I hope when they start NBC & Fox in PR...they get their own primary station each....otherwise all these stations on the same frequency as different digital channels will be starved for bandwidth...not to mention they will in SD & starved.

If they both get their own range....& be primary HD stations each...then there will be room over there to add couple of SD addon channels.

If LLK group add Fox to the same digital channel lineup...then obviously ABCHD will be having less bits...plus with 3 digital sub channels in SD will hurt them also. Hope LLK do the right thing...but since they have not done something like this already I have little hope.

Nel I would like to get the new channels in my Fajardo apartment, I have a 100mile 35db gain directional antenna and I get the USVI CBS st.thomas now called this and ABC st.croix

the black bold circle represents the location of my apartment

just curious if I can get these new networks over there

It's going to be hard my friend!

if its not possible then I dont really mind, I am there only 2 days even sometimes 1 day a week,mostly I am in Bayamon and I need to work on a mount for the antenna
(I have it hanging with 2 cement blocks to hold the left and right side of it)

Man
I don't get them. Time to mess a bit with my roof antenna. I think I need to set it higher, or maybe start looking for a new and better antenna. But that will hurt my pocket.
I'll let you know what I can get from my experimentation! :cool:

check to see if there are any obstructions, mountains walls tall buildings near you, these might affect the signal

also what antenna are you using?

Hi guys, been away for a while because.... you guessed it! I was in my roof tinkering with the antenna!

Here are the results:

The first thing I tried was raising the antenna. The antenna itself is a Radio Shack (maybe their Archer brand, don't remember and can't find documentation) VHF/UHF/FM uni-directional outdoor antenna. It's like a five or six footer. It was like 7 ft. from the ground (roof), now it is 14 ft!

But still no 26. So step two was to re-aim. I began turning the antenna to the west (it was aimed south). And VOILA!!. 26 appeared!
ABC, CW, THIS!!!!

But the problem is that when doing this, I began losing signal strenght in the other channels.

So today, I bought a cheap PVC onmidirectonal antenna, and a Radio Shack inline amplifier.

I installed the PVC antenna and I was not impressed with the results, so I mounted the Radio Shack antenna back, re aimed and installed the amplifier. Tha amp helps just marginally with the signal strength, but anything is welcome!

Here is my lineup right now, with signal strenght on a VIP211 (inline amplifier in place). Every new channel that I am receiving after the adjustments is indicated:

2- 76
4- 72
6- 73
7- 85
9 (NEW)- 66
11- 99
13- 63
24- 71
26 (NEW, YEAH!)- 75
31- 73
32- 76
36- 88
40- 73
58- 88
60 (NEW)- 78
64 (NEW)- 86

So now I can't wait for FOX and NBC :D

Question: Would a GOOD omnidirectional antenna help?
Can anyone recommend brand, model, or where to buy such and antenna in PR?

I have checked Sears and Radio Shack (it is Sunday after all), and they don't have any. I think I will go to Bonnin tomorrow and I know CokiOne advertises one or two. But I don't want to spend a lot if I won't see a significant improvement.
I can go up to the 90s in channels 2 and 4 and up to the 80's in 26, 6, 13 etc. just by reaiming the antenna, but not without losing channels.

Thanks for the help and forgive the long post :eek:

Hi guys, been away for a while because.... you guessed it! I was in my roof tinkering with the antenna!

Here are the results:

The first thing I tried was raising the antenna. The antenna itself is a Radio Shack (maybe their Archer brand, don't remember and can't find documentation) VHF/UHF/FM uni-directional outdoor antenna. It's like a five or six footer. It was like 7 ft. from the ground (roof), now it is 14 ft!

But still no 26. So step two was to re-aim. I began turning the antenna to the west (it was aimed south). And VOILA!!. 26 appeared!
ABC, CW, THIS!!!!

But the problem is that when doing this, I began losing signal strenght in the other channels.

So today, I bought a cheap PVC onmidirectonal antenna, and a Radio Shack inline amplifier.

I installed the PVC antenna and I was not impressed with the results, so I mounted the Radio Shack antenna back, re aimed and installed the amplifier. Tha amp helps just marginally with the signal strength, but anything is welcome!

Here is my lineup right now, with signal strenght on a VIP211 (inline amplifier in place). Every new channel that I am receiving after the adjustments is indicated:

2- 76
4- 72
6- 73
7- 85
9 (NEW)- 66
11- 99
13- 63
24- 71
26 (NEW, YEAH!)- 75
31- 73
32- 76
36- 88
40- 73
58- 88
60 (NEW)- 78
64 (NEW)- 86

So now I can't wait for FOX and NBC :D

Question: Would a GOOD omnidirectional antenna help?
Can anyone recommend brand, model, or where to buy such and antenna in PR?

I have checked Sears and Radio Shack (it is Sunday after all), and they don't have any. I think I will go to Bonnin tomorrow and I know CokiOne advertises one or two. But I don't want to spend a lot if I won't see a significant improvement.
I can go up to the 90s in channels 2 and 4 and up to the 80's in 26, 6, 13 etc. just by reaiming the antenna, but not without losing channels.

Thanks for the help and forgive the long post :eek:

That's look like the same readings that I have except 26.1 and 64.1 in Bayamon and 36.1 that come in about 100. The others are just the same!

That's look like the same readings that I have except 26.1 and 64.1 in Bayamon and 36.1 that come in about 100. The others are just the same!

Thanks for the info, Nel!

I am trying to decide if investing in a good onmi antenna would help.

If someone has an omnidirectional antenna installed and can post their signal strenght, I would appreciate it.

Didn't think I would let this rest as it was, did you? ;)

OK, here is the latest:

Went ahead and bought an omnidirectional antenna, the Winegard MS-2000 (amplified). Installed it and check my reception and.. not so good, no channel 2 or 4. A little tweaking and then I lost channel 6 also.
What happened?
Apparently, nobody told me that, although its name is "omnidirectional", you need to aim it, like turning the mast pole until you can get the best signal! The omni is shape like a circle, with 4 screws all around (like forming and imaginary cross), so I used those screws to help me visually with the rotation. And apparetly the signal strength, in my case at least, was not equal all around the circle (strange...)

After all that tweaking, and a little help from the wife, at last I got a satisfactory result, and in the process, NEW CHANNELS!

Here is my signal strength now (before and after): NOTE: "Before" was measured in sunny clear sky, and "After" was measured today, in the midst of Tropical Depression Ana's rain and cloudy skies.

2- 76--75
4- 72--76
6- 73--67
7- 85--89
9- 66--63
11- 99--90
13- 63--67
24- 71--71
26- 75--73
31- 73--76
32- 76--81
36- 88--91
40- 73--73
46- (NEW) 0--59
58- 88--94
60- 78--71
64- 86--81
68- (NEW) 00--66

So I gained two new channels, eliminated the radio shack amplifier, and although the signals stayed mostly the same, number wise, the signal seem to be more stable (and the antenna is smaller).
Also I am pretty sure that, if a new channel signal covers near my home, I will get it without going up and realigning, so...

Come on FOX, CBS and NBC!!! :D

here are my readings in Bayamon (plaza rio hondo area)
this is my antenna
TERK TV-50 TV/FM/INDOOR/OUTDOOR ANTENNA- Home Theater Plus audio, video, denon, plasma, discount, outdoor speaker, stereo, televisions and more!
ch signal
2-83%
4-100%
6-98%
7-77%
9-72%
11-96%
13-95%
24-88%
26-ABC 80% CW 80% THIS 80%
31-91%
32-96%

those are the main channels, I get around 10more in the 40-68 range but those channels suck

and my antenna isnt even mounted as the picture in the link shows, its just on a second floor home being held by 2 concrete bricks

I will buy a pole for it during the weekend and see if I can get any better signal:cool:

also I do not have this antenna powered with an amp or anything, it is just a coax from it directly to the OTA module on my 222k

lj i think theres a way tu combine 2 antennas one towards the southwest or bayamon and one towards the south near aguas buenas can you check whats needed?

lj i think theres a way tu combine 2 antennas one towards the southwest or bayamon and one towards the south near aguas buenas can you check whats needed?

As far as I know, you need to separate the antennas so they don't interfere with each other reception. And you need to use a splitter, connected backwards. And a lot of luck. :)

These are two sites, somewhat technichal, with a LOT of detail:

Merging feedlines

Combining or Stacking Two TV Antennas - Stallions Satellite and Antenna

Hope this helps. If you do it, let us know. :)

okkkkkkk toooooo much trouble ill just leave it as it is im getting average of 75 on each channel and it works
Ok i went to the roof and tryed it and it works i get 75 % on abc and 87 on mayor chanels like 2 4 6 11. Noting, that the splitter makes the connection -3db plus a couple of diplexers o its way to the receiver wich takes a little more off the signal. but im very satisfied. note: you will have to tweak with the directions of the antennas to get it to work on is looking towards Aguas Buenas the other one to Bayamon

Attachments

• DSC05190.JPG
    DSC05190.JPG
    600.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC05189.JPG
    DSC05189.JPG
    279.9 KB · Views: 121
Nice that it is working for you, Pedro. :up

I am still tweaking with channel 6, which looks ok everywhere but on my 211 it just drops signal. While this drop ocuurs for every tv, all other converters or tuners manage to stay viewable, the 211 goes to "lost signal" for a second, then comes back, then goes again, etc....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts