New PuertoRico CW local26 with no Audio

I don't have any signal. It's 9:50 pm.

Pedro, are you receiving this channel?

I am almost going to do what you did and combine two antennas. I'll let you know how it goes. Where did you get your little UHF antenna? Cost?

thursday i went there since my auto parts store is a block away and they ask me if it worked i told them yes and right away the started recomending the 2 antennas fix to every one

one more thing dont buy a diplexer to combine them use a regular cabletv splitter but use it backwards use the diplexer when they are already combined on one cable and you want to combine your dishnet and over the air together

I have no audio on channel 26.1 ABC but on 26.2 and 26.3 its ok any one with this problem all i did was rescanning the channels and lost the audio of that one i have a vip 612

it was solved this morning i turned on good morning america and was ok. did you got the anntena from fhe?

I am glad it is working now.

Yes I did get the antenna. Channel Master 4220HD Metrotenna. Quite an impressive little antenna, very good reception, almost solve my problem with it alone. After tweaking the two antennas, and combining them with a splitter (backwards) and then a three way splitter (going to 3 TVs), I think I am set. I am getting all channels I wanted, except one which would be nice to have but not super essential. I will monitor and play with it for the next days and see what happens.

I have both antennas on one mast, I will try and post pictures and signal strenght later.

Thanks for the info.

Hi

I got choppy picture but it is because I seem to have low signal. Same on CW.
That means I need to tweak more........ not too happy. 211 seems to be so picky about signal. My Vizio and my Digital Stream converter on other TV maintain their picture....

im having 74 on mine a 612 and its has been enough. dont know whats going on . dont think its the reciever . up to the roof but i dont think i will get more than 75 cw is ok thats what i dont understand

Last edited:
lj if i bought an amplifier were should i install it on the cable right at the splitter or after?

I believe it should be after.

In my case, since I needed to feed 3 TVs, I added a three way splitter after my combiner (backwards splitter) and that resulted in getting my signal strenght down considerably. So maybe I will look at that option (pre-amp) later on. I really don't want to add one now.

Your signals seems good enough. What do you call choppy? It is the same as pixelated? Because yesterday I noticed "jumps" in the picture, like in a motion pan of the scene, it would freeze for a fraction of a second, and then jumped a little forward in the motion.
Then I checked channel 20 (DISH) and found the same, so it was the source and not my antenna.
Have you checked WPRU channel 20 from Dish, to see if it is suffering from the same thing?

just got off the roof everything is fine im getting my locals by antenna so i belive its at the source. Do they have someone at mastercontrol that notices this? tryed e mailing them but was unsuccesful , probably tomorow they will notice. by choppy i mean jumpy skipping . now i have audio but no picture with 76 signal on my vip

by choppy i mean jumpy skipping . now i have audio but no picture with 76 signal on my vip

Yeah, it was jumpy yesterday with good signal OTA and in the local from Dish. Right now I have audio and video but with the low signal I am losing the picture constantly. Can't fault the source for my low signal, though, I need to re-peak...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts