New SD and WealthTV VVV Only Channels:

TheTimm said:
Sooner or later we'll all have to wave a goodbye to the old pricing. I'm holding out as long as they'll let me! :D
BTW, I think your math is off a bit -- I think it'll go up $10/month : $49.90 for service + $9.50 for the box = ten bucks more.

Timm, I think the new rate is $5 for the box. Not sure we'll get that tho...

-John

jgantert said:
Timm, I think the new rate is $5 for the box. Not sure we'll get that tho...

-John
In that case, my math needs some work! Thanks. :D
And I would assume if they made us pay the new programming rate, we'd also get the new box rental rate. 'Course I'm frequently wrong when I assume things about how Voom would handle something, so YMMV. :p

Madpoet said:
We can request a credit for outages of service????

Madpoet, that is what the CSR told me. Apparently this is only true during the two month promotional period, and may only be applicable to existing customers looking to upgrade. You may want to verify with voom about your specific situation.

TheTimm said:
Sooner or later we'll all have to wave a goodbye to the old pricing. I'm holding out as long as they'll let me! :D
BTW, I think your math is off a bit -- I think it'll go up $10/month : $49.90 for service + $9.50 for the box = ten bucks more.

TheTimm, although the new price for service is $49.90, the new price for the STB’s is only $5, so we would end up paying $5 more overall. $49.40 (service) + $5 (STB); unless I’m somehow misinterpreting their new offer?

Thanks

I just upgraded to the two-month offer.

We already pay $49 so it was a good deal.

Hopefully we will keep it after the trial is over.

Thanks for the tip!

Who cares? What's the difference? $49 vs. $89 a bargain compared to cable and other satellite companies. You get 10 premium movie channels in addition to VOOM's 21 Originals. I noticed though that a lot of what Wealth carries is "bumped-up" from SD to HDTV.

Tvlman said:
Who cares? What's the difference? $49 vs. $89 a bargain compared to cable and other satellite companies. You get 10 premium movie channels in addition to VOOM's 21 Originals. I noticed though that a lot of what Wealth carries is "bumped-up" from SD to HDTV.
I would think it's obvious to anyone who reads these forums that a lot of people care. But thank you for sharing your lack of concern. Really appreciate it. Also fascinated by your observation that Wealth upconverts from SD to HDTV. Great post.

You asked…

Tvlman - [I said:
Who cares?[/I]]
Anyone who has voted in this thread, one way or another.​

Tvlman - [I said:
What's the difference? $49 vs. $89[/I]]
Are you asking for help in doing the math?​

Tvlman, Not really sure what your intentions were with this post, but I figured I'd at least answer your questions... ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts