New Server Info and Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not everything. The "first unread post" functionality is still messed up as Scott said. Darn it!

Yup but now I can have support look at it. :) Before they were like, "You need to be on the current version for us to support you, but we thing that problem was fixed in vBulletin 4.1.5, so you need to upgrade anyways."

Now that I upgraded and its still not working I can make them work on it and fix it as thats what I pay them for :D

If I make a post, it goes right back to my new post at the end of the thread. If I QUOTE someone elses post in mine, it takes me back to the beginning of the thread...strange.

Now my avatar show up as a message stating, "Dodgerking's Avatar" after each post. I have to hit refresh to get the Avatar image to appear

Yup thats part of the new editor.

But with that said I dont know where it auto saves it to, or how to access the auto save. :)

Was running vBoptimize for awhile now, but over the weekend I upgraded to the pro version.

In addition this week I switched over our search from the built in vBulletin search to the more robust Sphinx search. :)

In addition on the old server we were using a combo of NGINX and Apache for our web servers, now on the new server we are 100% NGINX. This is great for speed, but the lack of Apache has caused an issue with the "New First Post" feature. We are told by vBSEO it is because we are running vBulletin 4.1.2 and that this problem is corrected in vBulletin 4.1.5. (And now 4.1.6 is out) so looks like tonight I will have to update to it. The new version of vBulletin has a new editor in it which unfortunately will take some getting use to by some folks.

I've been using vBSEO for a while and their support is very helpful (well few of them).
Make sure you make your ticket Urgent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts