New Service - different county?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adamjeeps

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Ruckersville, VA
Can I order online and say I am in the next County over in order to get locals? Will the installer say anything? My County gets nothing, not even national networks. I am about a mile from the County line, but I doubt that makes any difference.

Once you get installed then "move"

They need to install the equipment at your service address....

When I go to order online, I can choose either county, as my zip is shared with another county. Do you think it would be Ok to accidentally pick the wrong county?

you can try.
Now that I think of it my zip is the same way...shows 2 counties (even though it is only in one county)...different locals too

so I guess as long as the address you enter is correct they will install it correctly. Worst case is it doesnt work and you call Directv and tell them you are in _____ county (the county that gets the locals)

I got everything installed. The HR 34 and 3 C31 clients seem to be doing ok. When I look at my account online, it appears I am getting the locals package, it says locals beside my package and they are in my channel lineup, but they are not showing up in my guide. Anybody else have this problem or have any suggestions?

Try going into your account online under equipment and do a signal refresh. If that doesn't work call and tell them you aren't getting your locals and you need a signal refresh. Sometimes the CSR's don't enter the locals into the system right.

I emailed directv and got the following response.

Thank you for writing about your local channels.

Our record shows that we currently do have locals available in your area. We’d love to offer locals to you and other customers in the Ruckersville too, but our satellite capacity doesn't allow it today. We’re continuing to expand our capacity, serving more cities each year, so stick with us.

Does this mean I am not eligible or that they can not add locals to my account food some other reason?

Very confused about this response.

If the "other" county has locals, you can call into support and they can take care of it for you. Just say you just past the county line and that dtv has the wrong county listed. If they go to edit your service address they will be able to change the county if it is a multi county zip / address. Basically they save the info and then they probably had to to to add/change services and add locals tier to your package.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)