New Software Updates Discussion Thread

Of the few users that received this update and are actually reporting from the Bay area, there is one user on the other site that is reporting pixelation just as I am experiencing. RandallA is experiencing OTA locks from the bay area that he is not experiencing on his other receiver.

Sacramento and San Francisco are two different sets of locals entirely.

You are in Sacramento (such as Channel 40).

Sacramento and San Francisco are two different sets of locals entirely.

You are in Sacramento (such as Channel 40).

I know where I am and I know where the Bay area is. I know which locals both get. You said the Bay Area is experiencing no problems. I was pointing out that that is not entirely accurate as RandallA and another bay area sub are both experiencing difficulties with 6.15. RandallA with OTA and the other user with problems similar to mine pixelating/blocking/video locking.

Do you have 6.15?

S~

I know where I am and I know where the Bay area is. I know which locals both get. You said the Bay Area is experiencing no problems. I was pointing out that that is not entirely accurate as RandallA and another bay area sub are both experiencing difficulties with 6.15. RandallA with OTA and the other user with problems similar to mine pixelating/blocking/video locking.

Do you have 6.15?

If you actually read my posts, you won't the words "Bay Area", I always stated "San Francisco".

I also went to the other site, and could not find anyone in San Francisco describing any pixelating on satellite-delivered locals. They are all in Saint Louis.

PS OTA seems to vary a lot, but it seems odd that RandallA has the problem with one receiver and not the other - it could be simply a substandard chip in the receiver with the problem.

In the software thread, the post from 12/17 says:
PID: 08BDh, ID: 44KC, FW: L615, Model: ViP622/ViP722/ViP622/ViP722.

PID=08BDh

DownloadID:'44KC'
Upgrading FW:
'L615': 'AAA1'- 'CYF1' 'L040'- 'L614'
New FW:'L615'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[1-8]1[A-G0-8]' 'RB[BDEGHK-NPS].'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-76708343

'1[1-8]1[A-G0-8]' 'RJ[BCHJ-LNP-Z2-5].'
IRD Model: ViP722
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 83143404-83880013

Does this mean they are pushing out L615 to all receivers now, going a few at a time using serial numbers?

In the software thread, the post from 12/17 says:
PID: 08BDh, ID: 44KC, FW: L615, Model: ViP622/ViP722/ViP622/ViP722.

PID=08BDh

DownloadID:'44KC'
Upgrading FW:
New FW:'L615'
List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs:
'1[1-8]1[A-G0-8]' 'RB[BDEGHK-NPS].'
IRD Model: ViP622
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 73174765-76708343

'1[1-8]1[A-G0-8]' 'RJ[BCHJ-LNP-Z2-5].'
IRD Model: ViP722
List of Serial Numbers:
[2] 83143404-83880013

Does this mean they are pushing out L615 to all receivers now, going a few at a time using serial numbers?

Yes, this is the normal slow roll.

I noticed on my 622 with L614, I see an option to record to the External Hard Drive. I gather that it's referreing to a PocketDish and not a Archive EHD, right?

Yes, this is the normal slow roll.

Is the number I need to look at the R00 8611 ****-** number in the menu, 6 1 3 system info screen? If so how long do you think it will be before I get my 615 update? I record a lot of local shows and the sound dropping is killing me!!!

fix for autotune failure

Since autotune fails now with 615 if receiver is off I have now created my own personal workaround (fix) for it. I simply create a second autotune a minute or two after the first one. The first one turns the receiver on and the second one does the actual tuning.

Is the number I need to look at the R00 8611 ****-** number in the menu, 6 1 3 system info screen? If so how long do you think it will be before I get my 615 update? I record a lot of local shows and the sound dropping is killing me!!!

Yes, that's the number. As to how long? That's up to Dish and the Engineers.

Nope, no new info. I hope they don't release it and put out a new update instead, it's caused my 722 to behave really strange with OTA signals.

Note: I did see some beta software update for the 622/722 receivers spooling last week or the week before.

It doesn't seem to be spooling out very fast if the receiver numbers posted are accurate. especially since this upgrade was announced at the last tech chat some time ago. Maybe the holidays accounted for a delay.
Any word if the new update has caused receivers to crash and reboot continually?

I was gone on vacation with the power off to my ViP722 from 22 December to 3 January and ever since I came back and plugged it back in - all it wants to do is reboot.

I don't think the upgrade has hit my serial number yet. I had the new smart card installed for about 5 weeks prior to the problem being noticed.

I've got a tech scheduled to check out the receiver and I think it's toast. I also went through the steps with the CSR on the phone for 1 hour and it was no help.

I wonder if my 622 updated the new update? Since I unplugged my unit and home theater system and moved it, when I plugged it back in it seems like some of my HD channels are 4x3 ratio, and I have to stretch everything. I don't remember having to that before. Like CNN always has the black bars on the sides, don't remember that either. Seems like all locals are screwed up to. Maybe it's just me.

I wonder if my 622 updated the new update? Since I unplugged my unit and home theater system and moved it, when I plugged it back in it seems like some of my HD channels are 4x3 ratio, and I have to stretch everything. I don't remember having to that before. Like CNN always has the black bars on the sides, don't remember that either. Seems like all locals are screwed up to. Maybe it's just me.

Press Menu twice on the remote and it will show the software version you have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)