New Software Updates Discussion Thread

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
L615 was spooled by zip codes. L616 is spooling to a range of receivers, check the software updates thread to see if your receiver is in that range. Look at the serial numbers if you don't know yours, just press Menu twice and look for the R00 number.

It was first spooled to all receivers that had l615 (see your own numbers that were quoted by the person you answered) but the new identifiers are in fact, as you said, to a range of serial numbers (73174765-78927837). See http://www.satelliteguys.us/1654453-post476.html

So what about we customers who have never been updated with 615 to begin with? I guess I don't understand why most of the country is still on 614 when 616 has been released.

tnsprin posted URL to that spool just above your post - did you check your DVR IDs against last spool ?!

Yes, I did, but when you said earlier:

"That old one telling:
'L616': 'L615'- 'L615'
means - for those who who had L615."

I took that to mean that of you didn't have 615 that you wouldn't get 616 since in the software thread he linked to, this was said:

"'L616': 'L040'- 'L615'
'L616': 'L040'- 'L615'"

So are you telling me they are releasing 616 to all receivers based on the serial numbers, or is 616 going to receivers that meet both requirements of having 615 AND falling in the serial number range?

Yes, I did, but when you said earlier:

"That old one telling:
'L616': 'L615'- 'L615'
means - for those who who had L615."

I took that to mean that of you didn't have 615 that you wouldn't get 616 since in the software thread he linked to, this was said:

"'L616': 'L040'- 'L615'
'L616': 'L040'- 'L615'"

So are you telling me they are releasing 616 to all receivers based on the serial numbers, or is 616 going to receivers that meet both requirements of having 615 AND falling in the serial number range?

You're mixing them up. There's been a different update on different days. The first one was just by zip codes (L615), then they released L616 to some receivers based on serial numbers. Most likely next week, there will be another batch of receivers and so on.

With the L614, I didn't have any problem with my 722. Now, the L616 can not able to watch my local channels thru OTA. No signal on my local channels at all using my OTA. What a mess we got now. New year with no local channels on my local antenna. We should fired all the programming engineers.

With the L614, I didn't have any problem with my 722. Now, the L616 can not able to watch my local channels thru OTA. No signal on my local channels at all using my OTA. What a mess we got now. New year with no local channels on my local antenna. We should fired all the programming engineers.

CHeck under your menu #6 then #8 and see if you are set for ota or for cable. Sometimes this happens in software updates. If it is set for something other than ota , change it back and you should see your ota channels again.

RandallA listed an expanded list of serial #'s for the 622 this AM( 73174765-82708798). My 81xxxxxx, sure enough got it today! At last folders for EHD's! For me it was my only wish.

yup yup yup.... my R00 starts with 8329. I still have 614 :)
I'm really kinda ok with not being among the first to get a new version. For reasons evident by reading this thread. I can wait. It's only TV.

Actually I haven't even activated EHD.... haven't needed it. We use the DVR mostly to time shift and we delete stuff after we've watched it. So EHD folders is not something that affects me. Now if they could cure the sound skips... THEN I'd be whining. :D

I've got L616 on my 722 receiver finally! What does 616 do that 615 and 614 didn't? I am assuming they fixed the audio issues, but what else?

L617 is spooling to some 622/722 receivers.

Note to Dish Network: I thought I told you I didn't want to be your guinea pig. Give the option to say NO to the update. Thank you. :)

I got L617. I don't know what it was supposed to fix or change but I did notice I can now get a local channel OTA with a 63% that ALLWAYS was at 0% and I could never lock on to it.
Oh, and I still havn't seen anything that says "Folders" on my EHD.

Release notes, as they were providing, were pretty much useless anyway.

Here, I'll give it a shot.

L617 Release Notes
- Fix something that worked in L615 but we broke in L616
- Introduce some other obscure bug you likely won't notice until your favorite show is on
- other miscellaneous fixes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts