New Software Updates Discussion Thread

My 622 started acting squirrely two days ago by losing the sat signal after being on a channel for 2-3 minutes but I was able to change to an adjacent channel on the guide and it would operate properly for a couple of minutes and and then start the same cycle over again. I was not even able to get to my EHD in the 2-3 minute span of proper operation without the "Lost Satellite Signal" screen appearing.

I unplugged the receiver for a "hard boot" and then ran a check switch which indicated all OK for the three sats on both inputs. The Sys Info screen also looks good but when the program guide info downloads, it will only complete aboout 95% of the progress bar and then locks up. If stop the download, the channels will operate properly (do not lose sat signal) but I only have abour two hours of EPG info.

Anyone else having problems with L617 or am I just lucky?

Both my 222's seem to be operating OK. Dish is coming next week to install a 1000.4 and switch me to the EA for local HDs but this seems like a receiver issue.

Any advice will be appreciated.

I did a check switch about a week ago and when it got to the guide download it stuck at about 95% also. I canceled it and tried it again and it stuck in the same place only this time I left it alone and it finally did finish downloading after about 15-20 minutes. It never used to take more than 3 or 4 but it did work. Try again and this time just be patient and see what happens.

I did a check switch about a week ago and when it got to the guide download it stuck at about 95% also. I canceled it and tried it again and it stuck in the same place only this time I left it alone and it finally did finish downloading after about 15-20 minutes. It never used to take more than 3 or 4 but it did work. Try again and this time just be patient and see what happens.

I saw some similar with one of the 622 receiver a couple of weeks ago. It was still at L616. I cancelled the guide download and tried it the next day, it downloaded OK.

BTW, the guide downloads when your receiver does the daily update.

When I left for work this AM, I started the program download and let it run. My wife called later and said it finally completed about 30 minutes after I left.

Lord give me patience and please hurry!

Thanks for your reply.

I had a spontaneous reboot this morning on my 622. First one of these in a long time. Just checked now and it had 617 downloaded sometime in the night.
Guess I had better do a hard reboot some time today.

So far, I've noticed nothing new, different or anomalous with 617. Timers working fine. Guide working fine. No spontaneous reboots (though I did a hard-boot after I saw I had received 617). Folders still working fine on EHDs.

So I have no idea what 617 did/is supposed to do...

Does anyone have any info when the VIP 222 may get a software update (currently on 309) to correct the video stutter and freeze-up on the EA sats. My EA setup is great except for this problem. My 222k and my 622 work fine. I had a Dish Chat this morning and the tech acknowledged this was known issue and a software update was being written. No timeframe is available for release and he suggested I reset my receiver every 2 hours as an interim fix, I suggested they replace the VIP 222 with a VIP 222k and he said that was not possible. I have sent a email to CEO @ echostar.com to try gto get satisfactory resolution. We'll see.

Looks like they're testing another update for the 622/722 receivers. I don't believe L617 will go out to all receivers.

Please Dish Network, I don't want to be a guinea pig. Let me choose when to install an update. Thanks.

That's what it looks like. I don't know if it's related to L617 but last week one of the 622 receivers just kept rebooting. I've tried several times to connect it back but it just keeps rebooting. I just received the replacement today.

Is anyone familiar with L455 for the 211k ?

Any ideas when the 1T EHD will be allowed on the 211k?
Last week on the tech chat, the word used was "soon".

This Afternoon i noticed on my 211K when i press DVR, it now takes me to the "my dvr" screen. On that screen it gives the options
1.My recordings
2.Remove DVR
3.Cancel

Previous to today, when i pressed DVR it brought me right to my DVR list.
I now have to press DVR two times to go directly to the DVR list.
"my DVR" is also an option in the main menu now. Its Number 9. Once again previously to this afternoon it was not there. Mabie i had an old version of software im not sure as i didnt check, but i have checked now and im on L455

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts