New to satellite - Genie / install questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Installed. Working great so far. One question I do have about season passes... Looks like there's no way to just search for a show and set up a pass. The show has to have episodes being aired on tv in order to set up a pass, it's that correct? Also, I have a season pass for New Girl, with three new episodes in the guide but only the first one has the R icon and is showing up in my to do list. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Go back to your show that you have set to Record and hit the Record button again ...
When setting them up, I usually find the show in the guide then highlight it and hit the R button Twice, the 2nd time sets it up for more than one. When you hit it just once it records Just that episode.

Do NOT switch it back to IR mode. When it is in RF for the HR34, it is in IR for everything else.

With the remote/receiver in RF mode, you then need to follow the instructions for programming the TV. You can't set up the Denon until the TV mode has been programmed.

I got the remotes to function properly with the respective TVs and the HR34 in RF mode. After the download, the menus for IR/RF were there. I will say that the guide has been much more responsive, but it's still slow. Since RF mode, I haven't had to repeatedly press a button to make it work. When I press a button, it initiates the function immediately, and accurately, where it did not do that before. Example: When I press "Guide" the guide starts to show up. It still sometimes takes over 15 seconds to load, but sometimes it loads at what I would consider to be an acceptable rate. When I press "list", the list appears. The "To do" list is populating properly, too. Overall, the menus are much slower than I would expect with something that was supposed to be so great, but I am glad that they are better.

As for the client, I still must keep it turned on for it to keep the connection to the HR34. Once I shut off the client, it disconnects and when it powers on it's "searching for servers" until I RBR the Genie unit. If I accidentally power it off and turn it back on immediately, the connection stays, but if it's off for more than 10 or so seconds, the connection is gone. What could be the issue with this? This server connection issue wasn't an issue EVER with the HR24/H25 combo, or the HR34/client combo until the latest NR software release and I have had the Genie for almost a year. I have reset everything connected device from the AT&T modem to the little Directv boxes that are connected to it, yet the connection does not stay.

I've had a n issue like that in one of my installation, i used existing cables and the clients keep disconnecting from genie. Turns out the Cable the PI was on was too long, so i ran a shorter dedicated line for PI and everything worked perfectly

Disconnect the system from the ATT router and see if that changes things..

had a few minutes to follow up on this.
Looks to me like your HR34 is being overloaded with inputs from somewhere. The disconnect of the client from the HR34 suggest to me this is a network problem, which is why I suggested disconnecting the router.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts