New XM Lineup

What I would like to know is if there is any word about XM offering a la carte programming. I called today, but nobody there knows anything. Thanks.

Here's a question.. why didnt they take the time to sync the channel numbers.

Ex. Virus XM 202, Sirius 197.

I did notice that they have moved all XM music channels that were still above 100 so they are all below 99, just like Sirius. I suspect they will move towards that eventually.

They've gotta ease into this...look how irritated some of us are just from this. They kept everyone in the dark on this to cut down on complaints. Except for a few channels, people woke up this morning and found something similar. When I tune to channel 44, I still get 80's new wave, it's just more commercial and repetitive. I still get comedy on 150, it just has a stupid channel name now.

Once people get used to the changes, then they can give people lots of notice and change all the numbers around.

I also guarantee this "best of Sirius" and "best of XM" stuff goes away and they make the $16.95 package the only option for new subscribers (along with the A-La Carte). They'll grandfather in all of us at $12.95, but they won't advertise it.

I was looking at this PDF and was wonder what Sirius XM 108 is going to be. It is labeled as Sirius XM Stars, Too. But, the channel is still broadcasting Maxim radio.

I just found out this channel might be renamed and it will be the new channel that Jay Thomas is going to and the xm channel will be 139.
I think it will be on Monday.

I forgot to mention that I did downgrade my package to mostly music. There are about 75 channels available for 9.97. That's $3 cheaper then I was paying. I will be happy when they offer a la carte and I will save even more. I just don't listen to all that many channels. I would like the a la carte so that I can add Fox News.

I went with Sirius because I was told the music channels were better. I wanted a Blues channel and it's been great for 3 years, until today. I listened to it a work today (all 11 hours), Bluesville is terrible. Besides, when they told me that I would have to buy all new equipment, (3 car hook ups @ $59.00 a piece , 2 house hook ups @ $49.00 a piece and a new reciever @49.00) just to get the sports package that's when I decided come January Sirius is going to lose a dedicated customer. Sadly, the only thing I will miss is Notre Dame football. The way they are playing that could be a blessing.

I am not at all happy. My two favorite channels are gone: Fine Tuning and Beyond Jazz. Another fave, Audio Visions, was replaced by Spa which doesn't sound like it has quite the right mix. Fred's replacement had some DJ yammering away almost every time I scanned it. I thought I might like the new NPR channel but it's so compressed it sounds like a poor quality cell phone. I spent both my commutes today trying to find something I could listen to for more than 5 minutes at a time and came up empty. I'll try this another day or two then probably will cancel. Too bad, I was really happy with XM before this merger.

I just found out this channel might be renamed and it will be the new channel that Jay Thomas is going to and the xm channel will be 139.
I think it will be on Monday.

I like Jay Thomas but do not listen that much. Just on Fridays in the morning on Howard 101 and later on Friday on Stars. He on the same time a Bubba and I can not miss Bubba!!

I've got both XM and Sirius and am not happy about this whole mess.
they REMOVED both of the old school hip hop stations from XM and Sirius, and they tell ME to try out hip-hop nation, a crappy top 40 channel that already existed on Sirius?

I also liked Liquid Metal since it went deep, now it got replaced by Hard Attack but they renamed it to Liquid Metal (confused?). Very top 40 sounding. It seems that they scrapped everything that made me listen to XM and now everything is all super commercial. If I want that sh*t, I'll turn on the radio.
I'm not happy.

Merger

It seems to me that XM got the better end of the deal espically the BOS add on package. Didn't Sirius buy out XM?

What is up with ch 50 the heat? The station it replaced was just fine. The heat plays r and b with a few hip hop...all clean versions...I can listen 2 regular radio if I want that...Just not sure what sirius got and how they come out on top

What did xm get from sirius?

Hate you xm

Wow so much for making it better... This blows im so pissed. Im really trying to hold back the f word, but they really f'ed themselves with this one. They took the station i spent most of my time on, The System. I cant believe they did this thought the goal was to make the stocks go up, hate to say this also but i hope they go under i love sat radio but i got the sh*t end of this "so much better" deal. Hope the big stupid CEO's see all the negative feedback on this crap, did they even bother to ask what the listeners want or just say yah this sounds good and piss off everyone. Willing to bet the cancellation lines are jammed. They better fix this, im already sick of the yammering sirius dj's and stupid repetative music sirius threw out. Xm was home of orginal music, well ill leave some room for other people to complain but this really sucks!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:

Also wanted to add i sent in my digital feedback and plan to call the chinese call centers tommorow everyone should do the same, nothing gets fixed if noone complains!!

All thumbs up for this XM sub. I have two auto subs and one boom box in the house and am very happy with the changes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts