Newbie Advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

framer31

Original poster
Feb 15, 2009
california
Jut wondering if its all worth it? I currently have 6 TVs on Verizon Fios and Two of main TVs on direct tv. I have had Direct Tv many many years and Im tired of there lousy techs and there non commitment to existing customer satisfaction. The ONLY reason I havent told them t kick sand is because of the Sports channels they have available . With that said maybe some one could answer a couple of questions for me.

Will I be satisfied with the selection of sports channelsavailable with an FTA set up?

Currently considering an nfusion hd receiver with a motorized dish for around the 550. range. Good choice ? Cheaper somewhere else ? Different equipment package suggestons?

Thanks in avance for any help or suggestions.

There are no sports channels like ESPN or other premium channels, but as a sports fan I'm sure you'll appreciate the RAW FEEDS from various games that you can receive via FTA :)

FTA is a good add-on, but not a replacement per-se for what is offered by subscription. It's also kinda DIY all the way. If you're willing to learn by reading all you can, and to put a little "sweat equity" into setting up a system, it is very cool all the stuff you can find up there. Check out "the List".

I would suggest switching providers every two or three years. You're probably not going to get any better tech's or cust service, but you will get updated equipment, and if you time it right, sometimes the promotions offered to new subscribers are pretty good. Just be sure to read the entire contract, they bury some gotcha's like you're married to them for two years for signing up.

when it walks like a duck . . .

I am unaware of the nFusion receivers having any redeeming values for actual FTA use.
There has certainly been no review here, nor at any legitimate site that I have found of any.

Instead, they have the reputation of being aimed at the hacker market.
Their features are specifically targeted at such uses.
If anyone can list a review, or give one here, I'd appreciate seeing it.
We certainly need a decent HD receiver for FTA use, and I would welcome such a box.

I am unaware of the nFusion receivers having any redeeming values for actual FTA use.
There has certainly been no review here, nor at any legitimate site that I have found of any.

Instead, they have the reputation of being aimed at the hacker market.
Their features are specifically targeted at such uses.
If anyone can list a review, or give one here, I'd appreciate seeing it.
We certainly need a decent HD receiver for FTA use, and I would welcome such a box.

The pansat 9200 has had good reviews on this site and is the only HD receiver
that I know of that actually supports blind scan, so it would be a decent choice
for a HD FTA receiver. Most of the other HD receivers have either not been
reviewed yet or have had bad reviews.

Thanks for the help to all that replied. Ill continue to bang my head for a few more days before making my purchase

Jut wondering if its all worth it? I currently have 6 TVs on Verizon Fios and Two of main TVs on direct tv. I have had Direct Tv many many years and Im tired of there lousy techs and there non commitment to existing customer satisfaction. The ONLY reason I havent told them t kick sand is because of the Sports channels they have available . With that said maybe some one could answer a couple of questions for me.

Will I be satisfied with the selection of sports channelsavailable with an FTA set up?

Currently considering an nfusion hd receiver with a motorized dish for around the 550. range. Good choice ? Cheaper somewhere else ? Different equipment package suggestons?

Thanks in avance for any help or suggestions.

Framer,

Keep your subscription.

You won't be satisfied with the FTA side of it. You will have fun with it, you will find it very cool! But, you will probably miss the full support that you get with sport channels on your subscription service.

As one other member mentioned, FTA is not a replacement for a subscription service. Even if the subscription service is lousy in your opinion, I think it is lousy, too.

I get so annoyed that I am paying for service and when I get home from work (I work til 4am) I find that I am paying for PAID COMMERCIALS! That's a raw deal to me! That's BS in my opinion.

But, they do provide things that you will not get otherwise with FTA.

You almost have to have both.

AcWxRadar

Hey guys I thinking about adding An FTA system does anyone know if I can get Italian Soccer games with it? or just Italian channels in general? thanks for you help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)