newbie here

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crabbingcharters

Original poster
Dec 17, 2004
I currently have direct tv. What do I need to do to use Pansat? Can I use my current dish? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks :

Welcome to Satelliteguys!! :welcome

Let me move this over to our FTA forum. The guys there are experts at the FTA hobby and can answer your question. :)

I kind of had the same question. I put up an extra 18" dish in my backyard and purchased a Satworks 3618 receiver as well as a satellite aiming device. It is pretty neat to tinker with it, but there really are very few stations that one can get with an old 18" directv dish. Now, if I want to upgrade to a 30" dish would I need to purchase a new LNB or will the old directv LNB still work? Can someone recommend an inexpensive dish to purchase as well as an LNB for my 3618? Thanks for the help.

The DirecTV dish will work for some channels, but will need repointed. I would recommend a bigger KU dish and KU LNBF to get full advantage of your receiver.
In the antenna set up screen you have to change the LNBF L.O. value to 11250
Here is what you can expect to get with you DirecTV type dish.......

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=25452

Depending on what LNB you use you have to change this freq. value.

L.O. = Local Oscillator

What are the different LNBs out there and their L.O.?

This is very interesting to me.

So you're saying a standard Directv LNB's L.O. is 11250?

What does that number mean?

C=05150
Universal=09750-10600
KU=10750
DBS=11250

Each LNB is tuned differently and by changing the local-Freq. you are letting the receiver know what LNB/range you are using.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

What are these angles all about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)