Newbie - Looking for some advice

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Rona

Original poster
Nov 29, 2010
Southaven, MS
As the title reads, I'm new around here. It looks like you guys have a great forum going.

Anyways, I am long beyond fed up with Comcast >.>

I have been looking into moving to satellite service but I just am not sure which route to take. So, here I am looking for some sound advice. My area has no offers of Fios or Uverse so those aren't even on my radar.

Currently I pay close to $190 a month w/ TWC. I do have HBO and Showtime (Only one of them in HD I think?) and also have my broadband with them. I do understand I would have to keep that or get DSL. I also understand that my rate for the broadband will go up to likely $60, or so?

Here are the questions I have to maybe help me along with this-

-Which provider is more reliable/offers better prices between Dish and DTV?

-Is there any way to figure out what my actual bill would be w/ satellite? I know alot of them offer discounted prices (for the first of the contracts) but I am trying to figure out what the total bill would be after all the taxes.

-Is it really worth the switch if it all comes out to be about the same? I am thinking it is if I swing the satellite service for $130 a month or so.

-Dish seems to offer better deals for HD receivers up front whereas DTV seems to want money for them? I would need 3 HD receivers and one standard.

-How bad is the customer service if/when you have an issue? I've spoken to some whom have had the services and the general idea I get is that it's great, if you never have a problem.

That's all for now I guess. Hopefully I am not being to burdensome I am just trying to rap my head around whether the switch is totally worth it for me or not. I do feel like I am not getting everything I should w/ Comcast currently.

Thanks in advance~

I drop comcast and kept Internet which went up $20 to $60.. Later went to dsl. I got the choice xtra and with rebates I paid around $70 dollars for the first year with free installation and a free HDDVR and 3 reg ad receivers, which later went to bestbuy and got a hd receiver for master bedroom. Now I pay around $90 (w/o taxes) and overall I'm EXTREMELY HAPPY with DTV!

There has been a few times I've called DTV csr and has been far better experience than with comcast. Again I've had to call back cause the first csr didn't know much but been satisfied with overall customer service!

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)