Newbie to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
you can get the freesat V7 for less than 30.00 on ebay.
just buy from someone that has the USA power cord.

Spend the extra money on a good dish, Geosatpro is a very well built KU band dish.

as FaT Air said look for a C Band dish, thats where the good stuff is at.
What would I need for C
band?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

FWIW: might check www.dishpointer.com to check your LOS. Place the X of the green marker on your dish location.
Use the obstacle checker tool. Place the small red marker on the suspected obstacle and read out the height at which it may interfere. It assumes the dish is on the ground, so add your dish height.
FWIW 2:
my 'farm'
groupshot1-30-16-jpg.113579

Reactions: Troch77 and iBoston
FWIW: might check www.dishpointer.com to check your LOS. Use the obstacle checker tool. Place the marker on the suspected obstacle and read out the height at which it may interfere.
FWIW 2:
my 'farm'
groupshot1-30-16-jpg.113579
Yep thanks.
I'm good though, I already know I can't go to my left under 55 degrees and 129 max to my right.

I have the Dish pointer Pro app for my phone, so It's fairly easy to see where I need to be, and surprisingly extremely accurate.
125 should be no issue if I pole mount it on my 2nd Tier flower bed.

Then I have clear path for all, and I could probably put 3 more dishes there in the future if I go pro. Lol.

But past the 129 I would need to remove a big tree, and anything under 55 my house is in the way.

Farm looks fine to me though.

What does your neighbors say?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

"Do they all work?" is the most common question.
Most common answer is; "Yes"
All domestic FTA is linear. Domestic Ku is 11700 to 12200, Standard LNBF. C band is 3700 to 4300.
FWIW: Some international (Atlantic) Ku is below 11700 (Universal LNBF) And some are circular on C band.
Dish pointer Pro app
:up

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
Second most asked is "how many channels and how much does it cost?"
"Near 2000 and nothing" is the answer.
(Jaws drop)
"you must be stealing it"
"Nope, Free to air, they're FREE".

"Do they all work?" is the most common question.
Most common answer is; "Yes"
All domestic FTA is linear. Domestic Ku is 11700 to 12200, Standard LNBF. C band is 3700 to 4300.
FWIW: Some international (Atlantic) Ku is below 11700 (Universal LNBF) And some are circular on C band.
:up
Only reason I asked, I have 1 DP or DPP single LNB (can't remember off hand). I didn't know if at some point I could use it at add on.

If not I may put that up for sale too.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Second most asked is "how many channels and how much does it cost?"
"Near 2000 and nothing" is the answer.
(Jaws drop)
"you must be stealing it"
"Nope, Free to air, they're FREE".
Does C band still offer Paid Packages?
Or is that all done?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

I'd call it done. But there's Manhattan Digital and Programming Center working on keeping it alive.(with new equipment)
Discussion on another site.
WARNING: Rainier Satellite is NOT to be trusted.

Reactions: hank123 and Troch77
I'd call it done. But there's Manhattan Digital and Programming Center working on keeping it alive.(with new equipment)
Discussion on another site.
WARNING: Rainier Satellite is NOT to be trusted.
Thanks for the tip.
For some reason that name sounds extremely familiar...

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Only reason I asked, I have 1 DP or DPP single LNB (can't remember off hand). I didn't know if at some point I could use it at add on.

If not I may put that up for sale too.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Try ths one, Vendor is a member here:
( fast reliable shipper, and general all around righteous dude)
Maverick Satellite MK1-PLL KU Band PLL LNBF (Standard 10750 LO)
$12.50
http://nc-electronics.com/store.html

http://nc-electronics.com/mk1pll.html

And don't believe the specs on some of the ones sold on amazon and ebay.

Reactions: KE4EST
Troch,for C band consider checking Craigslist for a bud. We also have a thread here where we post dishes listed on Craigslist, Ebay ,etc:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...hes-for-you-to-take-a-look-at.327363/page-131

Be sure and get these folks advice on any dish you are thinking about getting first. We have members here who have first hand experience with about anything you'll happen to find.
In particular,don't think that something is good just because the armadillo posted it.I just find 'em,I rarely know what is good and what is garbage. :D

Reactions: KE4EST and fred555
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts