Newbie to FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Okay my neighbor has this Dish New in box for $50

Good or no good?
e279666b1b31ffa451e3dff02b6b73d0.jpg

I wasn't able to take a picture, so I just looked it up on ebay. And they have them, That's where I got the picture.
They want $70 for it on EBay.

But I told my Neighbor I need to check with you guys first lol.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Offer him $35,if he says 40 grab it,it's got what you need to get you started and you'll find out if you really have the "bug" or not.
Yeah I think I'm still going to buy it, He'll take $40.
It's his last day of his garage sale.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

He took $35
For it lol.
I'll post some pictures later this week, I have to work the next 5 nights so I won't be able to do much.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: KE4EST
Always love some pics!!

I'm glad you got him down to $35. Patience and persistence looking around can get you great stuff for almost free.

It's Brand new, He never opened it until I was pursuing to buy it.

3GHz RG6 okay for cabling?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

It is a start to the dish farm. I see there are 39" dishes out there too. Good luck and keep us posting. The next thing you need is a signal meter.

It is a start to the dish farm. I see there are 39" dishes out there too. Good luck and keep us posting. The next thing you need is a signal meter.
I have a Superbuddy 29.
I hope that works.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Got my FREE SAT V7.
And OMG is it small.

It's smaller than my cell phone.
Nice.
Makes you wonder why Directv and Dish receivers can't be that small.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Reactions: osu1991 and FTA4PA
Be interested to see how things go for you. I need a new receiver. Since moving last fall, I now have LOS to the south again. My 84cm and 1M primestar dishes are on the back patio waiting. My old coolsat receiver is in the garage. Too bloody hot to do anything right now. Unless something comes up, I should have time in late Sept to October to set things back up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Be interested to see how things go for you. I need a new receiver. Since moving last fall, I now have LOS to the south again. My 84cm and 1M primestar dishes are on the back patio waiting. My old coolsat receiver is in the garage. Too bloody hot to do anything right now. Unless something comes up, I should have time in late Sept to October to set things back up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'm hoping this weekend I can get started.

Then I just have to figure out where to point the dish first.
97?

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Some hints: If you can have a TV and the receiver next to the dish. Have something so you list which channels are on which satellite when out at the dish. Most of the time I need to hop from one sat to the next to get to the one I want. Some are sats have more power then others.

Some hints: If you can have a TV and the receiver next to the dish. Have something so you list which channels are on which satellite when out at the dish. Most of the time I need to hop from one sat to the next to get to the one I want. Some are sats have more power then others.
I have a Superbuddy 29, it does a huge amount of satellites, my guess most all of them available to North America.
I scanned over some of the settings, and when I get down to it, I may need some assistance as to what settings I may need to pick from the list on the meter since I've never done anything other than Dish network and Directv setups.
I just glanced quickly, and notice there was an abundance of options depending on frequency and LNB types.

But I'll be able to pick any TP with the meter.

It's not going to tell what channels I'm going to get, But from what I've seen so far, Unless there is something other than PBS on the 125, I'm going to stick with the 97 first.

I already get 5 PBS channels.
3 in HD and 2 in SD between my Internet subscription that comes with HD locals, and Dish Network's Locals.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

This is what I entered so far.
But without knowing about the LNB , I'm not 100% sure yet if it's right.

3902f50e3f77fdbee8d7aecde2302026.jpg

a8fd4c1538fdb645ce6ba0a772c33b63.jpg

6fabda8a51f08319181dbcdb88b7f7ac.jpg

ee8f727d8a3093be7f747cf094daed55.jpg

0ee7ae207aa22d3a5fa315b08eb51c23.jpg

And obviously it's not hooked up, But it may have to wait until next week now.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Status
Please reply by conversation.