Newbie, with quesiton out of the area networks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rudroman

Original poster
Feb 16, 2009
California
I am a new to this and just happened to arrive at this website when I was doing research on whether to get dish network or DirecTV. Prior to this that I had never heard of FTA. I have read many of the topics and just wondering if it is possible to get FTA to of area networks with any particular setup?. I live in central California and would love to receive the Dallas area networks (Cowboy games). Is this possible and legal?? What type of setup if needed? I would be happy with a good setup that is not too costly. If this question is inappropriate please forgive my lack of knowledge in this subject. I am not looking to receive any channels that is available fta thanks in advance.

Sorry, the only way you may get those is thru pay-services, and even then, once they have determined your "eligibility" for local channels, is doubtful you could rec TX stations in CA.
They all have this system for checking which locals go to which subscriber, by zip code I believe. So you would need a TX address if you get my drift.
Don't know of any stations from that area that are on any of the satellites that we hobbyists
can receive with fta receivers. One satellite has sev channels of Fox and ABC from diff cities, mostly west and midwest, but none that I know of are frm DFW area.

KUIL on 101 would have them. Wonder if they still will now.

Football is a priority of my FTA system. I need to get it ready again when the time comes. OTA + FTA has me covered pretty good.

thanks

thanks, for the info, i keep reading and learning more about fta from everyone. I hope to buy a fta reciever and dish soon. I probable continue to ask for advise when i get close to buying setup and for sure during installation.
Once again thanks

thanks, for the info, i keep reading and learning more about fta from everyone. I hope to buy a fta reciever and dish soon. I probable continue to ask for advise when i get close to buying setup and for sure during installation.
Once again thanks

To get a few more choices of football games, I suggest you look for a combination C/Ku system. A C band dish isn't real cheap so, you may want to look around in your area and see if there are some that aren't being used anymore. Sometimes people will give them to you just for getting it out of their yard. There are a couple of extra Fox stations on C band. This isn't going to guarantee you every Cowboy game but, given their popularity it will increase the games you get I'm pretty certain.

To get a few more choices of football games, I suggest you look for a combination C/Ku system. A C band dish isn't real cheap so, you may want to look around in your area and see if there are some that aren't being used anymore. Sometimes people will give them to you just for getting it out of their yard. There are a couple of extra Fox stations on C band. This isn't going to guarantee you every Cowboy game but, given their popularity it will increase the games you get I'm pretty certain.

thanks

You're Welcome. Let us know how you turn out. We love hearing new dish stories around here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)