newest equipment

Status
Please reply by conversation.

txhockey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
I am a long time customer and my latest 2 year contract is up in 2 months and did not receive new equipment last renewal. What is the latest receiver that is available? I have a 4k main tv and a hdtv with a mini genie receiver. What should I ask for and what is normal upgrade? Is there anything coming soon that I should wait for?

I am a long time customer and my latest 2 year contract is up in 2 months and did not receive new equipment last renewal. What is the latest receiver that is available? I have a 4k main tv and a hdtv with a mini genie receiver. What should I ask for and what is normal upgrade? Is there anything coming soon that I should wait for?
If you have a 4K set you need a HR54 and a C61.

the c61 will have to go on the 4k tv, and the hr54 on the hd tv

oh and get a reverseband lnb

Don't forget. IF you are absolutely dying to have the one channel and Pay per View channels of 4K, you must also have a qualifying programming package.

Reactions: Jimbo
Which I think is a really dumb idea.
I would want the main box on the nice new 4k set.
It looks like they are going to continue that way with the next system. Rumors at other forums say the gateway will be RG shaped and stand upright instead of laying flat. It kind of looks that way if you go by this slide in one of their presentations after the merger was announced. Unless plans have changed since then? I wonder if AT&T does focus groups asking them what they want with the latest equipment and go with that?

Attachments

• AT&T Gateway.jpg
    AT&T Gateway.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 193
It looks like they are going to continue that way with the next system. Rumors at other forums say the gateway will be RG shaped and stand upright instead of laying flat. It kind of looks that way if you go by this slide in one of their presentations after the merger was announced.

in that image the server has no tv connection

thats fine, as long as it doesnt have a fee, and has enough tuners to make client viable

Status
Please reply by conversation.