Newsflash: Tebow no NFL QB.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If Tebow played at Ohio State, he would've had 4 years worth of experience running a pro-set. The unknown is what people are weary of. Florida runs a gimmick offense. One that doesn't translate to their QB's being successful in the NFL.

I like Tebow. I think he's a great guy. This is nothing personal. I'm sure he'll succeed in whatever it is he does, but the fact remains there are well warranted doubts on why he will not make a good pro-QB.

Do you trust Jimmy Clausen coming out, when he played in the same offense as Brady Quinn?

What about Sam Bradford, Oklahoma runs a "gimmick" offense. Can he throw down-field?

There is a questions about everyone, but we don't see the separate topics about them.

Didn't stop Detroit last year, after Stafford's Georgia career showed he couldn't win the big game.

A first round pick is always a gamble.
There have been lots of first round QB busts (Jeff George) and plenty of late round surprises (Dan Marino #27, Joe Monata, late in the 3rd round).

As it is, Tebow would be a great pick for Jacksonville. He would fill the stadium.

Joe Montana is a great comparison. The scouts thought he wouldn't be good in the NFL, even after a stellar final year at Notre Dame. Evidently he had the same knocks as Tebow, not being an NFL style QB. And we all know how his NFL career went.

Thank You. Even though he has the "arm strength" and the "accuracy" all he did was throw interception after interception in college and his rookie year.

Interceptions must be the "tangibles"

You guys are getting way too tied up on comparing college offenses and statistics to the NFL. For a quarterback, that is not what scouts look at. They watch and test.

Being drafted #27 overall (Marino) in the first round, even if four QB's were picked ahead of you, is not a 'late round surprise'. Tom Brady was a late round surprise.

The scouting world was a little different back when Montana was a senior, not sure if that's a valid comparison. There wasn't even a Combine yet.

Hey scouts in any sport have been proven wrong, maybe Tebow will prove them wrong. But maybe not. ;)

Sandra

With a lot of questions to answer about his delivery and mechanics, not to mention learning to take snaps under center, the Senior Bowl was going to be tough enough for University of Florida quarterback Tim Tebow.

But he’s also sick. According to Tebow’s agent, Jimmy Sexton, Tebow was hospitalized Monday night getting treatment for strep throat.

“He’s been sick for two days,” Sexton said following Tuesday afternoon’s practice. “He had a 103 temperature.”

Tebow hospitalized at Senior Bowl | Rams Report | STLtoday

I thought he couldn't get sick? :D
He must have been weary after donating both his kidneys, his liver and 5 pints of blood to needy people. That and his relief work in Haiti where he worked 96 hours straight rescuing people from the rubble through sheer willpower. It's understandable that he'd fumble a snap or two after that.

He must have been weary after donating both his kidneys, his liver and 5 pints of blood to needy people. That and his relief work in Haiti where he worked 96 hours straight rescuing people from the rubble through sheer willpower. It's understandable that he'd fumble a snap or two after that.

And the weird thing about those 96 hours he donated in Haiti, they all came in one day! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Sandra

He more than likely if he goes higher than the 4-5 round, go in as a Running back or possibly a WR.
Although I don't think they have mentioned him as a WR before, it wouldn't surprise me any.

He may be a late round pick for someone as a back up QB as well.
Unless someone is desperate.

Way too slow for either position. How hard can it be to take snaps under center anyhow?

Notes from the Combine

Ok, just got done watching some of the draft combine from the last few days and by-George, I think the girl nailed it on the head! It's not "the system" Tebow was in that will be the biggest hurdle on the next level, it's his wicked slow release!

Take a look at some of the clips. It's almost embarrassing. Tebow has this slow-as-molasses, long, sweeping, lumbering release. He looks as if he's in slow motion! That will never fly in the NFL. Perhaps he could take his sweet time in college, but the game is soooo much quicker in the NFL.

Ok, just got done watching some of the draft combine from the last few days and by-George, I think the girl nailed it on the head! It's not "the system" Tebow was in that will be the biggest hurdle on the next level, it's his wicked slow release!

Take a look at some of the clips. It's almost embarrassing. Tebow has this slow-as-molasses, long, sweeping, lumbering release. He looks as if he's in slow motion! That will never fly in the NFL. Perhaps he could take his sweet time in college, but the game is soooo much quicker in the NFL.

Your man crush Bret Favre has a slow delivery and winds up.

But he is a gunslinger, my bad:rolleyes:

i still say if he has a good senior bowl, he'll go second round. people already said he appears to be a fast learner as he had a better day of practice tuesday than monday.

There are analysts that are also saying that he is around the 5th best QB there. To bad they did not include McCoy or Bradford as they are not there. Tebow messed up by going to the Senior Bowl. He would have been better off skipping it than having them compare him to the other there.

As it is, Tebow would be a great pick for Jacksonville. He would fill the stadium.
For a few games maybe until he sucked so bad no one wanted to watch. He is NOT going to run over NFL defenders so scratch off 75% of his college success.

For a few games maybe until he sucked so bad no one wanted to watch. He is NOT going to run over NFL defenders so scratch off 75% of his college success.

Tony Romo must suck, because no one thought he could play coming out of College:rolleyes:

Tim Couch, Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf must be awesome becuase Mel Kiper said they were good entering the draft.

I wonder why McShay and Kiper don't have jobs with NFL teams:cool:

Tony Romo must suck, because no one thought he could play coming out of College:rolleyes:

Tim Couch, Akili Smith and Ryan Leaf must be awesome becuase Mel Kiper said they were good entering the draft.

Not to mention the howls in Atlanta when the Falcons "wasted" their first round pick on Matt Ryan :rolleyes:

He shut them up his first year. :D

Scouts have been wrong plenty of times, it is not an exact science. You can point out instances when scouts were wrong, they're not difficult to find. I'm sure you can name them all. But there are also thousands and thousands of times when scouts are right.

The jury is still out on Tony Romo too...don't put him in Canton just yet. ;)

Please don't compare Tim Tebow's arm and delivery to Brett Favre's. Please. That's just not right.

Sandra

Last edited:
Your man crush Bret Favre has a slow delivery and winds up.

But he is a gunslinger, my bad:rolleyes:

You're not comparing Favre's release to Tebow are you? Your case of homerism is more advanced than I thought.

BTW, what Favre loses in a wind-up, he gains in his rifle like rapid-release that will break brick walls.

Last edited:
There are analysts that are also saying that he is around the 5th best QB there. To bad they did not include McCoy or Bradford as they are not there. Tebow messed up by going to the Senior Bowl. He would have been better off skipping it than having them compare him to the other there.

I don't think so. I actually thought Tebow made the right decision in attending the Senior Bowl. The verdict was already out on him. He had nothing to lose. He needed to prove the doubters wrong, instead he's reinforcing every theory the scouts had on him.

Not to mention the howls in Atlanta when the Falcons "wasted" their first round pick on Matt Ryan :rolleyes:

He shut them up his first year. :D

The howls in Atlanta were not from scouts, they were from ignorant Falcon fans. If I remember correctly, Ryan was mostly well thought of by scouts. Joe Flacco took more people by surprise that year.

And let's be honest, neither one of these guys should make reservations for Canton just yet either. Let's see how their careers play out before we decide who should shut up.

Sandra

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts