Newsflash: Tebow no NFL QB.

I agree with this, but Isn't Mike Maycock also a talking head ?

Here's the rule...

If a scout/analyst says something bad about one of your favorites, call him a talking head and bring up some of the times he was wrong in the thousands of analyses he's done.

Then, since there are so many analysts, look and look until you find someone who says something nice about your boy. Don't mention any of the times that particular scout was also wrong, that would take away some of the fun...;)

Sandra

Kiper did not count on Russell's work ethic being off-the-charts-bad. Nobody did. Everything came easy to Russell at LSU, all he needed was to be bigger and stronger than everyone...which he was.

When Russell had to adjust in the NFL, where EVERYONE is big and strong, he threw in the towel. There have been Jamarcus Russells in the past, he was just one of the most physically gifted to fail so miserably.

Perhaps Russell could have fulfilled Kiper's expectations, but we'll never know, because he didn't even try.

Sandra

Hmmm.....what do you have to say to this?

Mario Henderson said this about JaMarcus on his website October 8th:

"I've had reporters coming up to me all week asking about JaMarcus and why he isn't playing better and all this stuff, but I tell them that the guy is doing everything right in order to try and get better. He gets there early, works hard, watches film and leaves later than everybody else. When a team struggles everybody looks at the quarterback, but at the same time we aren't doing much to help him out right now."

Mario Henderson Official Website

Now mind you, this is coming from A player that was at the practices ALL the time. Not some reporters who tend to have limited access to practices.

Hmmm.....what do you have to say to this?

Mario Henderson said this about JaMarcus on his website October 8th:

Mario Henderson Official Website

Now mind you, this is coming from A player that was at the practices ALL the time. Not some reporters who tend to have limited access to practices.

Not sure what's worse, if big 'ol Jamarcus has been taking it easy and not working hard and that's why he turned into such a putrid QB, or...

if he's been the first one in and the last one out at practices, busting his butt the whole time...and he STILL turned into such a putrid QB! ;)

Sandra

Not sure what's worse, if big 'ol Jamarcus has been taking it easy and not working hard and that's why he turned into such a putrid QB, or...

if he's been the first one in and the last one out at practices, busting his butt the whole time...and he STILL turned into such a putrid QB! ;)

Sandra

....but STILL had better stats than your pretty boy after 15 starts....;)

Russell....198 comp....368 att.....53.8% compl.%....2423 yrds...13 TDs...8 INTs....77.1 QB rating.

Sanchez...196.....364....53.8%.....2444.....12 TDs....20 INTs....63 QB rating.....

...JUST saying....LOL! So he is still VERY capable of stinking just as bad....LOL!

Russell....198 comp....368 att.....53.8% compl.%....2423 yrds...13 TDs...8 INTs....77.1 QB rating.

Sanchez...196.....364....53.8%.....2444.....12 TDs....20 INTs....63 QB rating.....

...JUST saying....LOL! So he is still VERY capable of stinking just as bad....LOL!

Jamarcus obviously should have quit right there on the spot!!! :D

It's been all downhill from there...

Sandra

He does not get along with current QB coach he loved the old one.

He had no reason to. Things were looking bright. Raiders ended the season on a positive note, expectations were being met and the thought was the team would improve.
If you look at this in a different way, NOTHING is expected out of Russell ....A LOT is expected out of Sanchez.....NO ONE can deny that.

He had no reason to. Things were looking bright. Raiders ended the season on a positive note, expectations were being met and the thought was the team would improve.
If you look at this in a different way, NOTHING is expected out of Russell ....A LOT is expected out of Sanchez.....NO ONE can deny that.

Nothing ?????

I think Al thinks otherwise. :rolleyes:

Jamarcus Russel should be used as an example as to why the rookie pay scale needs to be adjusted during the upcoming labor negotiations.

Having to commit so much guaranteed money to an unproven commodity and strapping a team financially for their bad mistake is wrong. Players should have to earn that guaranteed money before they're given it as a rookie.

Al Davis expects him to try to win his starting job back. NO ONE else expect this guy to even make the final roster. I doubt anyone in this site nor anyone in the Raider Nation does.

Just shocking how low Jamarcus Russell has sunk after he peaked out at 15 games. Now nobody even thinks he'll make the roster next year...:rolleyes:

Sandra

Last edited:

Didn't you say that last season (2008)?

Jamarcus Russel should be used as an example as to why the rookie pay scale needs to be adjusted during the upcoming labor negotiations.

Why just mention JaMarcus?

IIRC, Matt Ryan and Matt Stafford signed much bigger rookie contracts than JaMarcus.

Russell did not have a quality O-Line or rushing attack those first 15 starts.

Al Davis expects him to try to win his starting job back. NO ONE else expect this guy to even make the final roster. I doubt anyone in this site nor anyone in the Raider Nation does.

I do think he'll be back and competing for the spot next year.
I personally don't think he's all that good, but they don't have a stud QB anyways, so whats there to lose.

He's getting paid to be there and Al will keep him, I doubt Al would get rid of him till his contract expires anyways.

Personally, I hope Gradkowski wins the job, I think he gives them the best chance to win, provided you give him the reps to work with the first string.

He's a very good QB, the teams he's played with have not been very good though.

fwiw, in case you forget, I have a rooting interest here, he played down the street in college :up

Having to commit so much guaranteed money to an unproven commodity and strapping a team financially for their bad mistake is wrong. Players should have to earn that guaranteed money before they're given it as a rookie.

I could not agree with you more. This goes WAY BEYOND JaMarcus Russell. There is NO WAY a rookie should be making more than a veteran.:up:up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)