Newsflash: Tebow no NFL QB.

Just shocking how low Jamarcus Russell has sunk after he peaked out at 15 games. Now nobody even thinks he'll make the roster next year...:rolleyes:

Sandra

YOU don't think he will make the team and neither do alot of folks here. I am sure the team EXPECT him to be competing for the starting job. THAT is the ONLY reason Al Davis KEPT Cable and brought in Hue. To work with JaMarcus so he CAN compete for the starting job. But I am gonna assume you knew that....;)

YOU don't think he will make the team and neither do alot of folks here. I am sure the team EXPECT him to be competing for the starting job. THAT is the ONLY reason Al Davis KEPT Cable and brought in Hue. To work with JaMarcus so he CAN compete for the starting job. But I am gonna assume you knew that....;)

Personally I have no clue whether big 'ol Jamarcus will make the team or not, I make no prediction here. I never said I don't expect him to make the team. I don't pay much attention to Oakland right now.

Honestly, I hope SOMEBODY steps in and plays well for them. The NFL is more fun when the Raiders are good.

I said Russell is not expected to make the team next year because of YOUR comment:

Al Davis expects him to try to win his starting job back. NO ONE else expect this guy to even make the final roster. I doubt anyone in this site nor anyone in the Raider Nation does.

You know a lot more about Oakland than I do, and you said nobody in Raider Nation expects him to make the team. If you have a problem with what Raider Nation says, take it up with them...;)

Sandra

Because Jamarcus Russel doesn't equal the value given to him. At least Ryan and Stafford have shown signs of becoming decent QB's in this league.

On the contrary....he DID equal the value of a number one OVERALL pick. EVERY year before sets the presedent for the following year. IF it would have been ANYONE ELSE, they would have gotten the SAME type of contract.

On the contrary....he DID equal the value of a number one OVERALL pick. EVERY year before sets the presedent for the following year. IF it would have been ANYONE ELSE, they would have gotten the SAME type of contract.

HD can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was saying Jamarcus is not performing at a level that lives up to his contract, and doesn't show signs of improving...while Ryan and Stafford do show signs.

Sandra

Last edited:
HD can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think he was saying Jamarcus is not performing at a level that lives up to his contract, and doesn't show signs of improving...while Ryan and Stafford do show signs.

Sandra

What #1 overall pick has EVER lived up to overall #1 pick type money??!! ESPECIALLY their 1st few years in the league. IF the NBA paid the way the NFL paid for #1 overall picks.....I bet Lebron would have made TWICE the money Russell made.

Ryan and Stafford are showing signs that they COULD be good QBs in the NFL...they are certainly NOT living up to the type of contract they signed. THAT money you give to vets that have lead teams to playoffs and beyond....

What #1 overall pick has EVER lived up to overall #1 pick type money??!! ESPECIALLY their 1st few years in the league. IF the NBA paid the way the NFL paid for #1 overall picks.....I bet Lebron would have made TWICE the money Russell made.

Ryan and Stafford are showing signs that they COULD be good QBs in the NFL...they are certainly NOT living up to the type of contract they signed. THAT money you give to vets that have lead teams to playoffs and beyond....

Yes, a separate (and very fair) point is that all rookies are overpaid. Do not disagree.

That said, the overall point is that Jamarcus is a much bigger waste of money than Ryan and Stafford, especially since Ryan and Stafford are progressing, and Jamarcus is regressing. ;)

Sandra

Who? What's your point? :confused:

Sandra

My point is, make points according to the equal amount of games. After the 1st 15 games, Russel had a relatively had good numbers on a bad team.

Stafford....13 TDs....20 INTs.....2267 yrds.....61 QB rating. How are THOSE stats better than Russell's after his 1st year as start?:confused: How are THOSE stats living up to his contract?

Ryan stats in 2008...is 1st year in Atlanta(which had a better team than Raiders)...

16 TDs......11 INTs.....3440 yds....61.1 QB rating.....Hmmmm...Slightly better than Russell's.....

Past And Current Jaguars Disagree On Tebow's Future

Mark Brunell is all about Tebow:

If they want him on the field and they think he can contribute, I think [the Jaguars] should [draft him]," Brunell said at Super Bowl media day. "I think he's going to be a good football player. I think he'll do well at this level.

"But I don't think Timmy wants to go to Jacksonville if they're drafting him just to sell tickets. He wants to compete and play. So if they want a good football player, absolutely [draft him]."

Okay, fair enough. Brunell, a talented player, thinks Tebow's also a talented player. He loses points for this, though:

Nobody's running the Wildcat or whatever you want to call it full-time [in the NFL]," Brunell said. "It's a great change-up [offense], that's all."

Now, on the other side of the debate, we have OG Uche Nwaneri:

So im at a bank trying to cash a check, and the bank teller starts up some convo about how Tebow will save the jaguars. And the whole time, when i asked him what does tebow bring to the game that the jaguars dont already have. yes i can understand the intangibles such as leadership etc. but as a football player, what does he bring that will take the jags to the next level??? he couldnt tell me. so let me drop a quick top 5 for all u fans. this is my top 5 things you should know before you assume Tim Tebow will the tebow jesus in teal town.

5. He cant throw. PERIOD.
4. He cant read any coverage other than probably cover 2 or man cov. PERIOD (the only cov. in college lol)
3. the QB wildcat WILL NOT WORK IN THIS LEAGUE. PERIOD
2. He doesnt know how to take a snap from center, nor is he even comfortable enough to.
1. HE CANT THROW. and thats really something you either have or not, never seen a qb who couldnt ever throw, just all of a sudden beable to throw just because hes now in the NFL.

now if u want to say, tebow will save the Jags TICKET sales... sure, he may be able to help them alot, until people realize this aint gator country no more lol. by the way.... GO BUY SEASON TICKETS!!!!!!!!! Ill be Damned if i have to come out for pregame warmups to a COMPLETELY EMPTY STADIUM ANYMORE!!!!!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Past And Current Jaguars Disagree On Tebow's Future - Tim Tebow - Deadspin

My point is, make points according to the equal amount of games. After the 1st 15 games, Russel had a relatively had good numbers on a bad team.

Stafford....13 TDs....20 INTs.....2267 yrds.....61 QB rating. How are THOSE stats better than Russell's after his 1st year as start?:confused: How are THOSE stats living up to his contract?

Ryan stats in 2008...is 1st year in Atlanta(which had a better team than Raiders)...

16 TDs......11 INTs.....3440 yds....61.1 QB rating.....Hmmmm...Slightly better than Russell's.....

Nobody is disputing Jamarcus was Ok after 15 games. The problem for him is that he didn't retire on the spot, he kept playing, and he as putrid this year.

If you want to imply Ryan, Sanchez, Stafford, etc., will all be putrid next year too, because they had similar rookie statistics to Jamarcus (although it wasn't even Jamarcus's first year), go right ahead.

They all show signs of progressing though, not regressing. You have nothing to base that on...except Jamarcus. ;)

Raider Nation doesn't even think Jamarcus will make the team this year.

Sandra

Hey guy's,
Why haven't you guy's made a JaMarcus thread ?

Theres more debate about JaMarcus than Tebow in the Tebow thread .....

The comparison came up because Jamarcus was so highly rated coming out of college and the scouts were wrong. The implication is the consensus of the scouts can be wrong on Tebow too...

Sandra

Jimbo you lost me when the guy said "he cant throw"

When he had receivers that were worth a dam he put up great throwing numbers. Last years throwing numbers were not as great, but look at the receivers and watch the games. THEY dropped countless perfect passes. All the QB can do is put the ball in the right spot, and tebow did that the majority of the time. His receivers simply dropped the ball.

Tebow will be a great asset to any team he is on. I hope he does goto Jacksonville or even Id prefer Tampa (its closer to me) Id go watch and it might get me into watching the NFL again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts