Newsflash: Tebow no NFL QB.

vurbano

On Double Secret Probation
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 1, 2004
Newport News, VA
Tim Tebow meets his worst career fears in Senior Bowl debut - Dr. Saturday - NCAAF Blog - Yahoo! Sports

Florida tried to address that last year by hiring respected quarterbacks coach Scott Loeffler from the pro ranks, practicing with Tebow under center and having him take a handful of "conventional" snaps in a few games, all with an eye to making the most celebrated college player in modern history a more viable prospect to the skeptics. But when he showed up Monday for the first day of heavy scrutiny at the Senior Bowl, all the old alarm bells started ringing at maximum volume -- Tebow reportedly flubbed his first snap from center, and it only got uglier from there:
Performing drills with fellow South team quarterbacks Zac Robinson of Oklahoma State and Jarrett Brown of West Virginia, Tebow fumbled the ball at least twice while taking snaps under center.
Later in team drills, Tebow fell into his same old habits — holding onto the ball too long, locking onto receivers and throwing wobbly passes.
The scouts noticed.
"He looks like the third QB out there," one NFC South talent evaluator said.

I wonder if he could be a tight end? Some have called him the greatest college football player ever, How can they be so blind?

I wonder if he could be a tight end? Some have called him the greatest college football player ever, How can they be so blind?

He more than likely if he goes higher than the 4-5 round, go in as a Running back or possibly a WR.
Although I don't think they have mentioned him as a WR before, it wouldn't surprise me any.

He may be a late round pick for someone as a back up QB as well.
Unless someone is desperate.

How screwed up is it that they Draft will be stretched out over 3 days this year.

The 1st round will be on a Thursday night.
Then no one will watch the rest of the weekend unless they have players of interest coming soon.

How screwed up is it that they Draft will be stretched out over 3 days this year.

The 1st round will be on a Thursday night.
Then no one will watch the rest of the weekend unless they have players of interest coming soon.

At least you're not a Bears fan, thanks to the Cutler and Gaines Adams trades I dont think they have a pick until day 3.

Senior Bowl notebook: Sick or not, Tim Tebow's getting better | Sports from the Press-Register - al.com

Wow, a biased college football blog and the biggest clown on thje radio don't think Tebow can play, after a bad practice when he was sick.

He won't last past pick #48.

Than again maybe the Jags do take him in the first round, because the dude sells tickets.
Senior Bowl sells out tickets for Jan. 30 game | Breaking News from the Press-Register - al.com

People didn't think Steve Young could play QB when he came out of BYU, either.

Senior Bowl notebook: Sick or not, Tim Tebow's getting better | Sports from the Press-Register - al.com

Wow, a biased college football blog and the biggest clown on thje radio don't think Tebow can play, after a bad practice when he was sick.

He won't last past pick #48.

Than again maybe the Jags do take him in the first round, because the dude sells tickets.
Senior Bowl sells out tickets for Jan. 30 game | Breaking News from the Press-Register - al.com

People didn't think Steve Young could play QB when he came out of BYU, either.

You cannot take a gamble on a QB in the first round. A bad pick of a QB in the first round of a draft sets your franchise back YEARS.

Sandra

You cannot take a gamble on a QB in the first round. A bad pick of a QB in the first round of a draft sets your franchise back YEARS.

Sandra

I think you are right, but that is why I could see a team like the Jags taking him, they could use Garrard for the next couple of years.

I just find the criticism of Tebow to be funny, considering that a tub of goo JaMarcus Russel was the top pick a few drafts ago. Does anyone think he is not already better than him?

Drafting a QB is a crap-shoot, but somehow after 1 senior bowl practice it is determined he can't play?

I just find the criticism of Tebow to be funny, considering that a tub of goo JaMarcus Russel was the top pick a few drafts ago. Does anyone think he is not already better than him?

Don't forget, after 15 games big 'ol Jamarcus was headed for big things! Unfortunately for him, he kept playing...:rolleyes:

Drafting a QB is a crap-shoot, but somehow after 1 senior bowl practice it is determined he can't play?

Drafting a QB can be a crap shoot in later rounds. In the first round you have to get it right, or your team pays the price for years.

Sandra

i still say if he has a good senior bowl, he'll go second round. people already said he appears to be a fast learner as he had a better day of practice tuesday than monday.

I think you are right, but that is why I could see a team like the Jags taking him, they could use Garrard for the next couple of years.

Doubts of Tebow not becoming a good NFL quarterback didn't begin yesterday. It was because he's NEVER taken a snap under center. Yesterday was his first time and it only solidified all the concerns people had previously.

Doubts of Tebow not becoming a good NFL quarterback didn't begin yesterday. It was because he's NEVER taken a snap under center. Yesterday was his first time and it only solidified all the concerns people had previously.

Mike Leach says he can teach a Pop Warner kid proper footwork in short order. It's Tebow's long, slow arm motion that has scouts more concerned.

Sandra

Bernie Kosar had horrible mechanics, guess he couldn't play either?

Brady Quinn on the other hand has great mechanics and he sucks.

If Tebow went to Ohio State you'd be waiting in line to sniff his jock.

Didn't stop Detroit last year, after Stafford's Georgia career showed he couldn't win the big game.

A first round pick is always a gamble.
There have been lots of first round QB busts (Jeff George) and plenty of late round surprises (Dan Marino #27, Joe Monata, late in the 3rd round).

As it is, Tebow would be a great pick for Jacksonville. He would fill the stadium.

Joe Montana is a great comparison. The scouts thought he wouldn't be good in the NFL, even after a stellar final year at Notre Dame. Evidently he had the same knocks as Tebow, not being an NFL style QB. And we all know how his NFL career went.

Bernie Kosar had horrible mechanics, guess he couldn't play either?

Brady Quinn on the other hand has great mechanics and he sucks.

If Tebow went to Ohio State you'd be waiting in line to sniff his jock.

If Tebow played at Ohio State, he would've had 4 years worth of experience running a pro-set. The unknown is what people are weary of. Florida runs a gimmick offense. One that doesn't translate to their QB's being successful in the NFL.

I like Tebow. I think he's a great guy. This is nothing personal. I'm sure he'll succeed in whatever it is he does, but the fact remains there are well warranted doubts on why he will not make a good pro-QB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)