NFL 2009-10 Season

Harrington was not a bad choice, He has just been on crappy teams. Add to the fact he was rushed into playing in the NFl as a starter because Detroit's QB was Charlie Batch.

You drank a lot of the Millen Kool-Aid, didn't you?

Millen was an issue. No QB has stood a chance in that system for years. Even before Millen. Problem is everyone thinks the QB is what makes a team. It takes a TEAM. You need blocking, You need Defense and you need a balanced offense. Detroit has never had it all at the same time. Back in the Sims/Sanders days all the pressure was on the RB's, 4 runs and then a pass. Poor coaching.
The Lions have been through a a lot of QBs that should have been something but they never shined. Harrington was the best of all of them in the last 20 years.

Millen was an issue. No QB has stood a chance in that system for years. Even before Millen. Problem is everyone thinks the QB is what makes a team. It takes a TEAM. You need blocking, You need Defense and you need a balanced offense. Detroit has never had it all at the same time. Back in the Sims/Sanders days all the pressure was on the RB's, 4 runs and then a pass. Poor coaching.
The Lions have been through a a lot of QBs that should have been something but they never shined. Harrington was the best of all of them in the last 20 years.

There's no denying what you said. Detroit is the final burial grounds for QB's and head coaches. BUT, Pete Mitchell did have a couple of great seasons in his day. You remember, the "salad days" of the "Big Buck", when we used to play in the playoffs? Sorry, didn't like Harrington when he was drafted, hated him in a Lion's uniform. I know we have never really had an O-line, hell even Sanders had to make 3 jukes just to get out of the backfield, but the fact that Harrington is hanging on as a 3rd string QB everywhere else he has been says a lot also. Just another bad pick in a row of first round disasters that characterized the Millen Error.

Kevin, what did you think of the latest draft and their philosophy of taking the best player available regardless of position? Personally I thought we should have taken the OT from Baylor, and drafted defense the rest of the way.

Kevin, what did you think of the latest draft and their philosophy of taking the best player available regardless of position? Personally I thought we should have taken the OT from Baylor, and drafted defense the rest of the way.

I am hot and cold about it. DET has a History of taking the best available. Calvin Johnson for example best available but if you don't work on your needs and draft best for the position you end up with 5 wide receivers.
I am hoping Stafford can survive till we get an O-line and does not become another Andre Ware.
I said it before they should have built a line Culpepper or Stanton when Culpepper gets hurt, could survive behind for a year and drafted one of the prospects for next year. I still like Tebow and think he will do well as a pro.

Yes he can. in fact so can i. how hard is it to look at someone else's hands???? :D

LMAO! I spit coffee all over my flat screen....!!! I wish you guys would wait a little...like before lunch ....before the funny smarta....whoa, almost said a naughty word there..... Don't wanna get warned again for my language....

LMAO! I spit coffee all over my flat screen....!!! I wish you guys would wait a little...like before lunch ....before the funny smarta....whoa, almost said a naughty word there..... Don't wanna get warned again for my language....
:D:D

Uh oh. Another midget receiver (5' 9")! Big Jen is going to have another hissy! ;) :D

Should be fine, he already has 2 rec's 6'5" and bigger.
TE's Heath Miller is 6'5" and Matt Spaeth is 6'7".
Also there are other tall rec's as well.
WR Limus Sweed is 6'4" entering his 3rd year, should begin to show what they drafted him for.
As far as I'm concerned, Sweed has been a disappointment so far.

Jimbo

I think McDonald will fare better because he'll be playing on an actual football team.:D

(Wozniak, please forgive me, but the Lions are not good)

There's no denying what you said. Detroit is the final burial grounds for QB's and head coaches. BUT, Pete Mitchell did have a couple of great seasons in his day. You remember, the "salad days" of the "Big Buck", when we used to play in the playoffs? Sorry, didn't like Harrington when he was drafted, hated him in a Lion's uniform. I know we have never really had an O-line, hell even Sanders had to make 3 jukes just to get out of the backfield, but the fact that Harrington is hanging on as a 3rd string QB everywhere else he has been says a lot also. Just another bad pick in a row of first round disasters that characterized the Millen Error.

Correct, if you look at the stat lines for the WR trio of Perriman, Morton and Herman Moore had some nice stats, I think they Periman and Moore were one of the first to both have 1000 yard stats during the same season. In he early 90's the lions had some decent teams. Coaching is what held them back. When they beat Dallas for to go to the NFL conference title game, that should have been a spring board for some nice seasons, but they never went farther, that core on Defense and offense got old.

And I remember this day well as this got the ball rolling into the Matt Millen "error" in 1999 lions playing the bears, lions win they are in the playoffs lead by Gary Moller. Well Chicago comes down the field and with time reamining left the FG kicker makes a 52 yarder, now for lions fans losing like that is nothing new. Its that when the house cleaning started with hiring of Millen, house cleanings were really never done with the lions. This also included cleaning out some personel guys who have since moved to Pittburgh and are doing a great job.

And the rest they say my friends is "History"

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)