NFL 2009-10 Season

Browns Add More Depth to Depleted WR Core

Perhaps anticipating that Donte Stallworth might not be available in 2009 because of the legal hurdles facing him, the Cleveland Browns signed unrestricted free agent wide receiver Mike Furrey on Tuesday evening.

Furrey, who turns 32 later this month, is the second free-agent wide receiver to join the Browns this spring. Veteran David Patten signed earlier with the team. Cleveland also used a pair of draft picks on wide receivers, Brian Robiskie of Ohio State and Georgia's Tim Massaquoi, both selected in the second round.
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4143594"]Cleveland Browns add depth, ink ex-Detroit Lions wideout Mike Furrey - ESPN[/ame]

I like it!

Two Vets in Furrey and Patten. A tremendous talent, looking to shake the cobb webs from last year in Braylon Edwards. And two highly touted picks in Robizkie and Massaquoi!

The winner for QB1 will certainly have quite the arsenal this fall!

I think McDonald will fare better because he'll be playing on an actual football team.:D

(Wozniak, please forgive me, but the Lions are not good)

What? I hadn't noticed.:D

Saying that the Lion's are not good, is like telling somebody in the path of a tidal wave, that they may experience moisture. Just a little bit of an understatement. If anybody should be apologizing, it should be the Ford's.

Correct, if you look at the stat lines for the WR trio of Perriman, Morton and Herman Moore had some nice stats, I think they Periman and Moore were one of the first to both have 1000 yard stats during the same season. In he early 90's the lions had some decent teams. Coaching is what held them back. When they beat Dallas for to go to the NFL conference title game, that should have been a spring board for some nice seasons, but they never went farther, that core on Defense and offense got old.

And I remember this day well as this got the ball rolling into the Matt Millen "error" in 1999 lions playing the bears, lions win they are in the playoffs lead by Gary Moller. Well Chicago comes down the field and with time reamining left the FG kicker makes a 52 yarder, now for lions fans losing like that is nothing new. Its that when the house cleaning started with hiring of Millen, house cleanings were really never done with the lions. This also included cleaning out some personel guys who have since moved to Pittburgh and are doing a great job.

And the rest they say my friends is "History"

From 3 points away from the playoffs to 0-16 in 9 easy seasons.

Going back to your statement about coaching holding the 90's team's back - I remember a game with Green Bay, (might have been a playoff game?), Favre hit Sterling sharp down the right sideline for a touchdown. Sharp was wide open, but the play got called back for a holding penalty. So what happens next? The Pack lines up again for the next play in the same formation, and runs the play, the exact play again, and it works again. Sharp scores, Lion's lose. It wasn't so funny, I would have cried.

The NFL playoffs ?

He didn't specify what playoffs he meant:D.

Feel free to draw your own conclusions.

Oh, he was talking about the NFL playoffs,this season. No way, no how. I think he may have taken a few too many shots to the head last season.

Adding Larry Foote at middle LB, will improve the defense this season. Instead of giving up 100 more points than rest of the league, they should be able to get within 50 points of the next worse.

Oh, he was talking about the NFL playoffs,this season. No way, no how. I think he may have taken a few too many shots to the head last season.

Adding Larry Foote at middle LB, will improve the defense this season. Instead of giving up 100 more points than rest of the league, they should be able to get within 50 points of the next worse.

So they have 2 LB's Foote and Sims ....
Anyone else care to play on the D ?

Don't forget about Peterson, at the other LB. Pro-Bowler there. LB crew is now VERY respectable, and I think they will be good at safety with Bullock and the kid they drafted in the second round. They also acquired a couple of new DB's, and they are abandoning the Tampa Two defense, which we never had the personnel for anyhow. Some D-line help would be nice, however.

Don't forget about Peterson, at the other LB. Pro-Bowler there. LB crew is now VERY respectable, and I think they will be good at safety with Bullock and the kid they drafted in the second round. They also acquired a couple of new DB's, and they are abandoning the Tampa Two defense, which we never had the personnel for anyhow. Some D-line help would be nice, however.

OK, so they have a 1/3rd of a defense now :)

33% improvement! Two more years, and we might have a real NFL defense. That's more improvement in one season than 9 seasons of the MILLEN ERROR.

Maybe 4 wins this season. (I'm upgrading from 3 wins).

Just once I would like to be wrong about the Lion's......

NCAA proposes tough taunting, concussion rules

Is it possible to watch MLB.TV on a TV?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)