NFL 2009-10 Season

Since we have no 'Daze of Our Lions' up so far, I'm going to fill in- replacing Detroit with Buffalo.

My team SUCKS out loud.

We were held to three point against the Cleveland HD's. Detroit got to 20 points! Hell, they have scored double-digit points in EVERY game so far!

I did pick Cleveland to win the game, but I thought at least both teams, with so-so defenses, could make it a fun little game.

Instead, we got the second-worst game I've ever seen (To me, the Steelers/Dolphins 3-0 game from a few years ago is still the grand daddy of bad games- at least it wasn't scoreless with a minute to go!)

As far as I'm concerned, my team is going nowhere. Again.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

(That one win came against Tampa. I think Sandra would look like Peyton Manning against the Bucs- when you make Buffalo look like the Colts, that is REALLY bad)

I never thought I'd say this, but Lions fans have a brighter outlook than the Bills do.

T.O the big acquisition and still fial this bad?

My Patriots been sucking big time this year, most of the blame goes to Brady since he missed wide open throws...
With Matt Light out...this is gonna be a harsh year for us.

If he "goes nuts the rest of the season", I blame the player, ie. Braylon himself. How can it be anyone else's fault? No team should coddle to him or have to "motivate" him to succeed. I realize he has talent. I know this more than most people since I got to watch his career up close for over 4 years now. The fact of the matter is that Braylon is a professional no matter where he plays. Braylon owes it to himself and the team paying his salary to catch catchable balls.

If Braylon doesn't have the stones to take criticism in Cleveland and got his feelings hurt here, can you imagine what NY will do to him when he drops pass after meaningful pass?

Heh, Boomer said the same thing I was albeit a bit cruder.

He equated Braylon to a cuban refugee coming to America and getting a green Jersey. Less than 30 seconds later he caught a touchdown.

After going 2/17 with a passer rating of 15.1 Derek Anderson will start again for the Browns against the Steelers.

Have to think at some point that financials factor into the equation, if there is no hope there's little point to playing Quinn, if he takes 70% of the snaps this season he triggers escalators in his contract, if he doesn't then he makes a somewhat pedestrian $2mil per year, and misses out on up to $10.9 million.

Dolphins' season is not over.

I thought they wouldn't do much with Henne- guess I was wrong.

He looks like a worthy fill-in with Pennington out for the season.

Looking at the schedule- their schedule does not look as brutal as advertised- Carolina is struggling, Patriots look vulnerable, Bills and Bucs are terrible, Texans are schizophrenic.

Miami can still save their season.

P.S. Miami is now 3-0 in their orange jerseys. You think they should petition the NFL to wear them more often?

That was a fun game to watch. Jets and Dolphins always seem to be a good prime time game.

In addition to Sanchez and Edwards, perhaps if the Browns arranged for the Jets to get even more players or something they could have pulled that one out.

Well, the way things are going in the NFL this season I might need to expand the NOT 10 to 15 to keep up with all the crummy teams this year....In case you haven't notice nearly one-third of the leagues teams have one or no wins so far......yeeeeekkkkkk!

So here we go :D

HOT 10

1. Giants
2. Colts
3. Saints
4. Eagles
5. Broncos
6. Vikings
7. Bears
8. Bengals
9. Falcons
10. Patriots

NOT 10

10. Redskins
9. Panthers
8. Bills
7. Browns
6. Lions
5. Titans
4. Chiefs
3. Buccaneers
2. Rams
1. Raiders

After going 2/17 with a passer rating of 15.1 Derek Anderson will start again for the Browns against the Steelers.

Have to think at some point that financials factor into the equation, if there is no hope there's little point to playing Quinn, if he takes 70% of the snaps this season he triggers escalators in his contract, if he doesn't then he makes a somewhat pedestrian $2mil per year, and misses out on up to $10.9 million.

1. We can't keep going back and forth between QB's. At some point you pick one and move forward.

2. I assume you didn't watch the Browns/Bills game. Those that did can tell you that Browns receivers dropped 8 balls in the game. EIGHT that either hit their hands or chest. The conditions were windy and the offensive gameplan didn't call for a lot of passes. Instead we ran on over 75% of the downs. What I'm trying to say is that DA's mediocre QB rating isn't entirely his fault.

yeah but he looked damn good last night. ;) shredded our secondary.

Lol. He did. But as I also said before, Braylon ALWAYS plays great when the lights are the brightest. Even with the Browns, he always had his biggest games on Monday Nights.

I wish him all the best, I really do. He's a phenomenal talent. Probably top-5 receiving talent.... IF he keeps his focus. Braylon is a very finicky person. He is not mentally strong and gets distracted easily. If he can stay motivated and focused though, the sky's the limit for him.

Lol. He did. But as I also said before, Braylon ALWAYS plays great when the lights are the brightest. Even with the Browns, he always had his biggest games on Monday Nights.

I wish him all the best, I really do. He's a phenomenal talent. Probably top-5 receiving talent.... IF he keeps his focus. Braylon is a very finicky person. He is not mentally strong and gets distracted easily. If he can stay motivated and focused though, the sky's the limit for him.
also some would say that miami's secondary is swiss cheese and i would agree. but, he made some tough ass catches difficult enough for any WR. it makes me a little angry that the fins didn't try to pursue this guy when we are in desperate need at the WR position. oh well........

Wow, what a great game. Luckily I was in such a good mood from the Rangers' pounding of the Leafs, the loss didn't bother me. Spin it any way you like, Edwards looked good...very good.

Not sure why, but a small part of me enjoyed watching Rex Ryan being disgusted.

'Stone hands'? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sandra

Wow, what a great game. Luckily I was in such a good mood from the Rangers' pounding of the Leafs, the loss didn't bother me. Spin it any way you like, Edwards looked good...very good.

Not sure why, but a small part of me enjoyed watching Rex Ryan being disgusted.

'Stone hands'? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sandra

Braylon looked great.....Jets fan better hope he stays motivated.

Braylon looked great.....Jets fan better hope he stays motivated.

Well if he doesn't, our coach will definitely give him some very perplexed looks from the sidelines.

Oh wait, that was last year. This year's coach is a bit more...motivational. ;)

Sandra

Browns without Braylon: 1-0

Jets with Braylon: 0-1

:)

Skewed stats....Edwards plays like he did last night in Cleveland.....the Browns would be in better shape than they are. Like my Jokeland Faiders, they have no onw to throw the football. WITHOUT Edwards, the Jets would have NEVER had a change to win that game.

Which by the way, I know ALL coaches wanna bring in their "own guy" to be QB, but they have NOT given Brady Quinn a legit chance....IMHO;)

Skewed stats....Edwards plays like he did last night in Cleveland.....the Browns would be in better shape than they are. Like my Jokeland Faiders, they have no onw to throw the football. WITHOUT Edwards, the Jets would have NEVER had a change to win that game.

Which by the way, I know ALL coaches wanna bring in their "own guy" to be QB, but they have NOT given Brady Quinn a legit chance....IMHO;)

If you give any credence to local talk radio, Quinn will probably never get a 2nd chance here. There's been a lot of talk about trading him before the deadline later this month. I'm not sure who would want him and what the Browns would receive in return......I'm sure it won't be a #1 pick. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts