NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
YOU still don't understand the rule yet.

IF you hit a player in the head with your helmet, it's an automatic penalty, no questions asked ....
Running, recving, throwing the ball, doesn't matter.

Here's the rulebook:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

Page 6 and 7.

Nothing there backs what you just said. He caught the ball, was getting up, making him a runner. Not an illegal hit.

Again, you're wrong, and don't understand the rule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Here's the rulebook:

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/image/rulebook/pdfs/15_Rule12_Player_Conduct.pdf

Page 6 and 7.

Nothing there backs what you just said. He caught the ball, was getting up, making him a runner. Not an illegal hit.

Again, you're wrong, and don't understand the rule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OK, you tell me, did he get hit in the head with a helmet ?

IF your answer is YES, it's a penalty.

If not, you got a lot of splainin to do about why the Steelers got all those H2H penalties last year.

At the halfway point (for most teams), it looks like five teams are sitting pretty for playoff berths in the AFC (Texans, Ravens, Patriots, Broncos and Steelers). That leaves one spot left, and IMO right now the Colts are the favorites to get it.

OK, you tell me, did he get hit in the head with a helmet ?

IF your answer is YES, it's a penalty.

If not, you got a lot of splainin to do about why the Steelers got all those H2H penalties last year.

Page 7 and 8, tell me where it was illegal. He was getting up, making him a runner, he was no longer defenseless. Steelers tended to go head hunting and hit instead of tackle as the ball is being caught, leading to the finds.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Page 7 and 8, tell me where it was illegal. He was getting up, making him a runner, he was no longer defenseless. Steelers tended to go head hunting and hit instead of tackle as the ball is being caught, leading to the finds.

Article 8 G doesn't need to be against a defenseless player.

If a player uses any part of his helmet (including the top/crown and forehead/”hairline” parts) or
facemask to butt, spear, or ram an opponent violently or unnecessarily.

At the halfway point (for most teams), it looks like five teams are sitting pretty for playoff berths in the AFC (Texans, Ravens, Patriots, Broncos and Steelers). That leaves one spot left, and IMO right now the Colts are the favorites to get it.

I would love to see the Colts get the last spot.
Everyone expected them to be nothing without Manning anymore .... Here's hoping that Luck continues to shine.

(unless they play the Steelers !)

The Steelers might as well fly home now, ridiculous!

There were three bad calls in a row on the first TD drive: the PI that CLEARLY wasn't, the blow to the head that CLEARLY wasn't and then the TD itself looked short of the goal line.

I can't recall a team getting that many bad calls called against them in such a short period.

In the last 2 games, you had this and the 'Just barely grazes the white line' Dez Bryant play.

I don't like to talk about luck, but man it feels like almost 98 percent of the breaks the last year or so have fallen NYG's way.

After the STUPID decision to Fake the FG to tie it up, they deserve to be losing.

I'll tell you even though the Giants got the calls, as a Giants fan, I wouldnt brag about it because they lost the game. Very disappointed in the Giants D the past 2 weeks. First, they almost blow a 24 pt. to Dallas and barely win it. Today, they blow a 10 pt. lead in the 4th and lose. I had thought that the Victor Cruz hit was a hit to the head. It happened so fast and he was slow to get up. Oh, and why do you try a fake FG? Just worry about tying the game.

Salsa, sorry about the Raiders. Martin ran up and down the field. Btw, that was a great catch on the 2pt. conversion.
I was watching a lot of the Giants game and really cant comment. The Panthers beat the Redskins today and RGIII looked kind of shaky. You have to beat the Panthers.

The Bills lose although losing to the Texans isnt that bad of a thing. The 2 games that kind of irked me were both Ohio teams. Browns had a chance to take a bigger lead on the Ravens and couldnt and where was Weeden throwing to on the last drive? He threw it right to Ed Reed. Bengals the samething. Gets INT by Champ Bailey. Both Ohio teams to me, had the Broncos and Ravens reeling and they blew it. Not so much the Browns because there out of it, but the Bengals needed a win today because the Ravens and Steelers both won and a Wild Card spot isnt guaranteed.

I'll tell you even though the Giants got the calls, as a Giants fan, I wouldnt brag about it because they lost the game. Very disappointed in the Giants D the past 2 weeks. First, they almost blow a 24 pt. to Dallas and barely win it. Today, they blow a 10 pt. lead in the 4th and lose. I had thought that the Victor Cruz hit was a hit to the head. It happened so fast and he was slow to get up. Oh, and why do you try a fake FG? Just worry about tying the game.

Yes, the Fake FG was a piss poor call and one Tomlin probably wishes he has not made... fortunately for him it didn't cost him the game.

The note at the bottom of article G says that none of that applies to a runner unless they are determined to be defenseless.

Kudos for reading it though.

Keep spinning it .... if you hit a guy in the head with your helmet, it's a penalty.
At least it is when the Steelers do it.

The note at the bottom of article G says that none of that applies to a runner unless they are determined to be defenseless.

Kudos for reading it though.

You can also look at many articles by the NFL that states the crackdown on helmet to helmet hits. It doesn't just mean a defenseless player anymore.

Also that note is for item J not G. Look at item B as it has a note as well. That is not a note for the entire section.

You can also look at many articles by the NFL that states the crackdown on helmet to helmet hits. It doesn't just mean a defenseless player anymore.

That's true that there is more emphasis, but that's why all of that red is in the PDF... as those are additions.

A runner is not defenseless, that is why the hit on Wallace was NOT a penalty. If he wouldn't have tried to get up it would have been. That's covered in the PDF too.

Last edited:
Darren McFadden picked up a high ankle sprain his first carry of the game and played though it until he aggravated it and couldn't play any longer. MRI Monday.

That's true that there is more emphasis, but that's why all of that red is in the PDF... as those are additions.

A runner is not defenseless, that is why the hit on Wallace was a penalty. If hr wouldn't have tried to get up it would have been. That's covered in the PDF too.

Read the second part of my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)