NFL 2012-13 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the Steelers will have a built-in excuse if they happen to lose this Sunday:

The Pittsburgh Steelers will fly to New Jersey only hours before playing the Giants on Sunday because of a travel disruption caused by Hurricane Sandy.

The Steelers' hotel in Jersey City still doesn't have power since the superstorm hit the East Coast, and the team can't find another hotel to accommodate the organization in the area.

The Steelers now will fly into Newark, N.J., on Sunday morning, have a pregame meal at a hotel near the airport and bus to the stadium, according to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Kickoff against the defending Super Bowl champions is 4:25 p.m.

The Steelers will charter home later Sunday night.

NFL teams are required to travel the day before a game, but the league allowed the Steelers to alter their plans.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8580972/report-pittsburgh-steelers-find-hotel-travel-sunday-game-new-york-giants

The Chiefs are basically a 91 yard Charles run from 0-16 Lions discussion.

And they have to go TO PITTSBURGH ON MONDAY NIGHT!

I should have known something was wrong with this team when they made our much-maligned D look great in week 2- 3 points until garbage time.

Heck I enjoyed tonight's game.Now Ravens vs Browns was rough,and next week Indy vs Jax,yuk.Even with Luck.

The Bucs Vikings game was good as was the Steelers vs Titans.

:haha

seriously though haven't these Thursday games sucked? I love another night of football but the matchups have been meh...

Actually, what has sucked is how sometimes on Sunday, with bye weeks and Thrusday night games...we have had 2 straight Sundays with only TWO late games.

Actually, what has sucked is how sometimes on Sunday, with bye weeks and Thrusday night games...we have had 2 straight Sundays with only TWO late games.

yes that too! bad administration of the games....

Amen and such bad scheduling by the NFL with 2 late games last 2 weeks :)

I know this might sound like sacrilidge ...but I must all games on Sunday afternoon with the sprinkle of Saturday afternoon games late in the season.:eek:

I used to LOVE those late season Saturday afternon games. I wish they never stopped scheduling those.

The Thursday night package helps to ensure that all 32 teams get at least one national telecast.What I don't understand about last Sunday,was there were 9 early games and only two late games.I dunno if it was because of Sandy or poor scheduling by the NFL.They should have moved at least one of the early games to a late start.

I know this might sound like sacrilidge ...but I must all games on Sunday afternoon with the sprinkle of Saturday afternoon games late in the season.:eek:

I used to love the Saturday afternoon games. Why they got rid of that, I'll never know. You could have a game on CBS, FOX and NFL Network at night.

Amen and such bad scheduling by the NFL with 2 late games last 2 weeks :)

yes that too! bad administration of the games....

I didnt like it either. What they should have done is move one of the 1pm games to 4pm. Now this week, there are 3 late games and 8 early games. They could easily make it 6 early games and 5 late games.

I used to LOVE those late season Saturday afternon games. I wish they never stopped scheduling those.

I dont think they can even have games on Sat. afternoon because of the college bowls. We dont want to detract the 12 people watching the bowl game.

:haha

seriously though haven't these Thursday games sucked? I love another night of football but the matchups have been meh...

I dont understand. People complained about an 18 week schedule, yet the NFL schedules games in England, which there maybe more even an NFL franchise, and there are Thursday games. Didnt people complain that 18 games is too much yet you play on a Sunday/Monday and then play on Thursday?

WOW.......the Colts are 5-3 at the halfway point, and are looking strong for one of the AFC Wildcard berths!! Andrew Luck set a rookie single game yardage record today.

WOW.......the Colts are 5-3 at the halfway point, and are looking strong for one of the AFC Wildcard berths!! Andrew Luck set a rookie single game yardage record today.

They should be 6-2 if not for the one decent play of Gabbert's NFL career to Cecil Shorts

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great One

NFL Award Picks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts