NFL 2012 Off season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Calm the freak down dude. I was neither laughing AT you, your team or Manning.

The surgery that Manning had was not some little scope of the knee, or some rotator cuff injury. This is MAJOR surgery on a 36 year old neck...and he had FOUR of them. AND YOU are expecting him to be 'the same ole self' after ALL that?! Really? There is little to no history of someone coming back from that type of injury and playing at THE SAME level as before....probably in any professional sport. And we are talking to a sport that HIT PEOPLE for a living.

I do NOT doubt in the ability of Manning... I am sure his ego(as all professional athletes have them) and his mind is saying yes. It's whether his neck and the rest of his body agrees with them.

I know you weren't laughing at me, the Broncos, or Manning. It's cool. I wasn't even in the convo at that time.

I was commenting on your post regarding the sure thing. As I said, we shall see.....

I know you weren't laughing at me, the Broncos, or Manning. It's cool. I wasn't even in the convo at that time.

I was commenting on your post regarding the sure thing. As I said, we shall see.....

OK... FORGET it's your team and forget it is my team... think logically for a second and take emotion away from all of this. In ONE hand, you have a QB who basically had his neck totally reconstructed and has a OL that was COMPLETELY dedicated to the run....on the OTHER hand, you have a new coach with a decent team in an WIDE open division.

I will go with the coach for one reason only... I don't know of any athlete that has comeback from something like that. We just don't know. HEALTH is more of an unknown commodity than knowledge and experience.

EDIT: BUT, in all fairness, one cannot just take out emotion when it comes to YOUR team or a rival. I totally understand the excitement...and would be excited too. But sh!77ing in my pants because of the surgery.

Last edited:
I'd go with the team that just made the playoffs (and won a game) with a glorified fullback under center who has no added a future hall of famer at the position, over the first time head coach of a team that hasn't had a winning season in almost a decade. Raiders have some boom or bust potential, but their hopes are pinned on a running back made of glass entering his 5th year in the league and a QB still hoping for redemption on a team moving to new schemes under first time head coach.

yaz96 said:
We'll see who is laughing....ok

I'll be laughing when once again Brady shreds that joke defense, again. Especially when 2 starters are suspended for 6 games.

So sick of this Peyton Manning hype this year, it makes me want to puke.

I don't really care for the Raiders or Chargers, but I hope the Broncos, Elway and Peyton finish in last place.

Go Chiefs(in the west, at least)

/rant off

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

View attachment 78905
I'll be laughing when once again Brady shreds that joke defense, again. Especially when 2 starters are suspended for 6 games.

So sick of this Peyton Manning hype this year, it makes me want to puke.

I don't really care for the Raiders or Chargers, but I hope the Broncos, Elway and Peyton finish in last place.

Go Chiefs(in the west, at least)

/rant off

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

cool-story-bro-chair-gif.gif

Now you know how the rest of us felt during the "Brady years". ;)

And you might be right about that defense, too soon to tell, but at least we'll have an offense this year, unlike last year, but there are still a LOT of if's about that even. Different scheme for Peyton, can the O-line and WR's catch on quick enough, and then the one some people have freaked about; "The Neck".

edit-

Found this about "The Neck" (tm) -

There is a report that Manning is now 85-90 percent . http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/07/03/klis-says-manning-is-at-85-to-90-percent/

Originally Posted by SKULLMAN
Getting to that 85% is one thing but staying there is what worries me. After he takes his first big hit there will be a uneasy moment of silence amongst us BRONCO fans.

Except that is incorrect. Doctors/Surgeons who have done the same surgery that Manning had have stated that the structural integrity of his neck will be stronger than it ever was. The main issue with Manning was whether or not his nerve would regenerate. If it didn't, he would be incapable of throwing the football with velocity and accuracy. The whole, 'Can Manning take a hit?' is nothing more than a media talking point. They have nothing else to talk about.

Last edited:
OK, something I can praise the Raiders organization for -

Raiders donate to Oakland schools
Updated: July 3, 2012, 1:47 PM ET
Associated Press

AFC West blog
ESPN.com's Bill Williamson writes about all things AFC West in his division blog.

ALAMEDA, Calif. -- The Raiders will give the Oakland school system a check for more than $50,000 as part of a season-ticket drive designed to benefit Oakland schools.

The Raiders donated 10 percent of the gross proceeds of new season tickets purchased and paid for from May 1 to June 30 to the Oakland Unified School District. The team says the total amount raised from the program was $54,323.

Oakland schools have endured teacher layoffs and some closures in recent years as officials get back on financial track.

The state took over the district in 2003 after officials ran up a deficit of roughly $82 million. The district regained control in 2009, but is still making annual debt payments of about $6 million.

According to some info I just read, this is how NFL Live on ESPN today ranked the AFC West this year.

1. KC
2. SD
3. Denver
4. Oakland

Once again, at this point, all I can say is, we shall see.

OK... FORGET it's your team and forget it is my team... think logically for a second and take emotion away from all of this. In ONE hand, you have a QB who basically had his neck totally reconstructed and has a OL that was COMPLETELY dedicated to the run....on the OTHER hand, you have a new coach with a decent team in an WIDE open division.

I will go with the coach for one reason only... I don't know of any athlete that has comeback from something like that. We just don't know. HEALTH is more of an unknown commodity than knowledge and experience.

EDIT: BUT, in all fairness, one cannot just take out emotion when it comes to YOUR team or a rival. I totally understand the excitement...and would be excited too. But sh!77ing in my pants because of the surgery.

Excited, but still cautiously optimistic. There are a LOT of if's as I stated in the post above. I'm not really sweating "The Neck" (tm). He's been cleared and is throwing great, and he's never been hit much due to his quick release.

And I don't think he "had his neck totally reconstructed", that's a little exaggeration, wouldn't you say?

As far as the O-line, are you forgetting that Tebow was only there the last part of the season. It was Orton passing before that for the first 5 games and since 2009. They just adjusted to Tebow's "style".... I'm sure they didn't forget everything else they ever learned in 11 games.

Last edited:
Excited, but still cautiously optimistic. There are a LOT of if's as I stated in the post above. I'm not really sweating "The Neck" (tm). He's been cleared and is throwing great, and he's never been hit much due to his quick release.

And I don't think he "had his neck totally reconstructed", that's a little exaggeration, wouldn't you say?

As far as the O-line, are you forgetting that Tebow was only there the last part of the season. It was Orton passing before that for the first 5 games and since 2009. They just adjusted to Tebow's "style".... I'm sure they didn't forget everything else they ever learned in 11 games.

I think that,ironically,the weakest link for the Broncos on offense will be their running game. I just don't see Willis McGahee repeating last season's numbers(not that he has too with Peyton at QB),to be more specific,I don't see him having the quality runs like he did last season when he does get the ball to carry. Hopefully their receivers will more than make up for a potentially anemic running game.

Team-by-team cap space as of June 22

Posted by Mike Florio PFT on June 22, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT

Jaguars: $25.1 million.

Titans: $19.97 million.

Eagles: $18.02 million.

Browns: $17.7 million.

Bengals: $16.58 million.

Chiefs: $16.54 million.

Buccaneers: $15.74 million.

Colts: $14.59 million.

Packers: $11.25 million.

Patriots: $10.93 million.

Broncos: $10.87 million.

Vikings: $10.59 million.

Panthers: $8.76 million.

Seahawks: $7.47 million.

Bills: $7.38 million.

Cowboys: $7.18 million.

Redskins: $6.97 million.

Jets: $6.04 million.

Cardinals: $4.55 million.

Dolphins: $4.45 million.

49ers: $4.19 million.

Texans: $4.05 million.

Bears: $3.97 million.

Lions: $3.77 million.

Rams: $3.60 million.

Steelers: $3.58 million.

Giants: $3.11 million.

Chargers: $2.86 million.

Falcons: $2.83 million.

Saints: $2.27 million.

Raiders: $1.34 million.

Ravens: $606,000.

Team-by-team cap space as of June 22

Posted by Mike Florio PFT on June 22, 2012, 8:02 PM EDT

Jaguars: $25.1 million.

Titans: $19.97 million.

Eagles: $18.02 million.

Browns: $17.7 million.

Bengals: $16.58 million.

Chiefs: $16.54 million.

Buccaneers: $15.74 million.

Colts: $14.59 million.

Packers: $11.25 million.

Patriots: $10.93 million.

Broncos: $10.87 million.

Vikings: $10.59 million.

Panthers: $8.76 million.

Seahawks: $7.47 million.

Bills: $7.38 million.

Cowboys: $7.18 million.

Redskins: $6.97 million.

Jets: $6.04 million.

Cardinals: $4.55 million.

Dolphins: $4.45 million.

49ers: $4.19 million.

Texans: $4.05 million.

Bears: $3.97 million.

Lions: $3.77 million.

Rams: $3.60 million.

Steelers: $3.58 million.

Giants: $3.11 million.

Chargers: $2.86 million.

Falcons: $2.83 million.

Saints: $2.27 million.

Raiders: $1.34 million.

Ravens: $606,000.

As of 7/1/12 according to NFL.com's Brian McIntyre, hear is cap space update.

Jacksonville Jaguars: $25,115,885
Tennessee Titans: $19,970,080
Cleveland Browns: $17,774,764
Kansas City Chiefs: $16,548,048
Cincinnati Bengals: $16,309,693
Philadelphia Eagles: $15,879,570
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: $15,740,231
Indianapolis Colts: $14,595,514
Green Bay Packers: $11,255,804
Denver Broncos: $10,878,461
New England Patriots: $10,873,988
Minnesota Vikings: $10,595,534
Carolina Panthers: $8,769,801
Seattle Seahawks: $7,470,071
Buffalo Bills: $7,382,319
Dallas Cowboys: $7,188,021
Washington Redskins: $6,970,162
New York Jets: $6,044,153
Arizona Cardinals: $4,552,576
Miami Dolphins: $4,458,211
Houston Texans: $4,053,256
Chicago Bears: $3,976,700
Detroit Lions: $3,775,829
Pittsburgh Steelers: $3,734,063
St. Louis Rams: $3,602,486
San Francisco 49ers: $3,394,599
New York Giants: $3,119,114
San Diego Chargers: $2,862,095
Atlanta Falcons: $2,834,873
New Orleans Saints: $2,272,081
Oakland Raiders: $1,347,040
Baltimore Ravens: $606,858

One things for certain...The Eagles know how to manage the cap.They seem to always be at or near the top and yet they still have a very good contending team.

I thought the raiders would be last in that list. The ravens barely have any room.

One things for certain...The Eagles know how to manage the cap.They seem to always be at or near the top and yet they still have a very good contending team.

True. The pats usually do a good job as well.

They have a great understanding of the cap, I like what my 49ers did, they front loaded deals in 2012 to help future years, as the cap isn't expected to jump as it was thought to be. I do some cap work and have every teams cap numbers in an excel sheet, and do the 49ers for mainly. It will be tough starting next year, even though you can carryover whatever is left over, the spending limit begins, at like 89.5% of the cap must be spent.

As for the 49ers, they didn't break the bank, contracts like Alex Smith's, Ahmad Brooks', Carlos Rogers' are all incentive laden, and based on production, with roster bonuses for gameday 46 man roster tie ins.

I think cap space may be issue for the lions down the road, especially when it's time for stafford to re-up

Not when it comes to franchise QBs. They will let someone ELSE go before they give up Stafford.

I agree, this will be the first time in quite a while that they will be making some rough roster choices in the future as they might not be able to keep the current core, but hopefully they can still make maneuvers to keep the team as well add needed pieces

I agree, this will be the first time in quite a while that they will be making some rough roster choices in the future as they might not be able to keep the current core, but hopefully they can still make maneuvers to keep the team as well add needed pieces

So long as they keep the core, they should be ok. Some how, some way..they always do. ALL kinds of 'creative accounting'...LOL!

Who so you trust less- Tony Romo or Jay Cutler?

They have a lot in common- gaudy numbers, big throwers, 1 playoff win, capable of making baffling mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts