NFL 2012 Off season notes & transactions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The self appointed king got his money, I wonder what Aaron Rodgers will get now the bar has been set.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

No knock on Archie Manning,but Drew Brees has been the best QB that the Saints have ever had. He got them to their first Super Bowl & Super Bowl win. He deserves every dollar he gets.

Hart5150 said:
The self appointed king got his money, I wonder what Aaron Rodgers will get now the bar has been set.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I think in all fairness, Brees means more to New Orleans than most players mean to their franchise.

And since when did he appoint himself king? He is right up there with Brady and Rogers.

I am more than positive that the Pats and Packers make the playoffs without their QB...I doubt New Orleans is barely .500.

But that is my opinion.

meStevo said:
The way their defenses played, I don't think that's true this past year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Maybe...but what he has meant to that franchise, team and city ....is way beyond most if not all QBs in the NFL.

I was all set to watch a Sportscenter preview of the AFC EAST last night (listed in my program guide from 8-9 ET), but of course they were wall-to-wall Penn State. Then again, maybe it was for the best because it was probably gonna be top heavy (pun intended) with the Meadowlands Motor Mouth. :rolleyes:

BillD1984 said:
I was all set to watch a Sportscenter preview of the AFC EAST last night (listed in my program guide from 8-9 ET), but of course they were wall-to-wall Penn State. Then again, maybe it was for the best because it was probably gonna be top heavy (pun intended) with the Meadowlands Motor Mouth. :rolleyes:

The Pats should easily be the favorites in the AFC East and a favorite to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. Watching it might do nothing more than piss you off.

Forget the Jets; the Bills are, if anything, better equipped to rattle the Patriots cages and ensure they won't clinch the division by Thanksgiving.

I'm not saying we'll win the division (I love my Bills, but not to the point where I'd predict Super Bowl), but we'll finish ahead of the overhyped Jets.

In regard to the Drew Brees signing, maybe because I am a bit older now but the whole I have signed for 100 million and all is well now gets old. Glad to see that you were able to sign and the world can be back to normal now. We have that going on right now with the lions, though he is not in the level of Brees, Defensive lineman Cliff Avril, oh...you might hold out if you dont sign you deal on monday. Sorry, life goes on

In regard to the Drew Brees signing, maybe because I am a bit older now but the whole I have signed for 100 million and all is well now gets old. Glad to see that you were able to sign and the world can be back to normal now. We have that going on right now with the lions, though he is not in the level of Brees, Defensive lineman Cliff Avril, oh...you might hold out if you dont sign you deal on monday. Sorry, life goes on

Swami says he (Avril) signs very soon.

The Browns just bid a 2nd round pick in the supplemental draft to select WR Josh Gordon. Meaning, they will have to forfeit their 2013 2nd round pick for the rights to Gordon.

Good pick IMO. Some had this kid as a first round selection in 2013. Some had considered him an even better prospect than his teammate Kendall Wright. Bottom line: Gordon fills a position of need by the Browns.

At 6'3", 225, 4.52 40, on paper, he's eerily similar to the guy opposite him.. Greg Little. If he pans out, this will be just another weapon for Brandon Weeden. Loving how this offense has been completely overhauled over the offseason! Football season can't come soon enough!

Being reported he failed 2 drug tests at Baylor and one at Utah... but at least the last one was clean!

Report: Gordon failed three drug tests in college | National Football Post

There must be something in the water that's doing something to NFL players. In addition to Adrian Peterson's legal troubles,add Elvis Dumervil to the list.
Report: Elvis Dumervil arrested on assault with firearm charge
Report: Elvis Dumervil arrested on assault with firearm charge - NFL - Sporting News

The Broncos,with Peyton Manning,have an excellent shot to advance far in the playoffs,& Dumervil has to jeopardize everything with a stupid weapons charge arrest.

And things like this...the Brees, Forte contract issues...is what upsets me so much about owners. All the song and dance, all the posturing, all the pissing off of the fanbase and the player they are trying to sign...then they end up giving them more or less the contract they wanted in the 1st place.

Dumervil also... the old "that's not my gun in the car I'm driving that's also not mine after gelling you there's no gun in said car" routine after an alleged road rage incident that included brandishing said gun.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts